This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Well along with some other things two poles stood out to me as competition to the sl-x. They were the Ionic Glyder and Facelift Fusion, 25-26ft poles and around the same prices as the sl-x.

The Glyder is a full carbon pole thats just over 26ft extended, and to begin with its super stiff ( as stiff as the sl-x ) and a bit heavier than the 25ft sl-x ( hardly noticeable when held imo ) its short when closed ( about the same as the 25ft sl-x ) and it feels brilliant to hold. It looked very tough, and very ready for a bashing. Overall, it was a stand out product to me, a real competitor to the sl-x. The clamps were VERY easy to use but the prototype version on show didn't have the final compound of plastic, so it was slipping a little, something that Reuben ( managing director ) I was chatting too promised would be rectified by next week.

Now onto the Facelift Fusion which is a carbon glassfibre mix 25ft pole. Again very impressive, its light ( I dont think it was as light as the Glyder ) and very sturdy like all Facelift poles. It was longer than a closed 25ft sl-x, reason being, it has an aluminium collar preventing it closing another 3-4 inches, this collar is an option though. Well it was also around as stiff as the Sl-x and Glyder. I believe it was a tad cheaper than the Glyder, but the final prices of these products aren't on their websites.

To top it off, I really liked both poles, especially the Glyder as its full carbon fibre slightly longer ( shorter closed too) and just looked the business , but the Fusion was up there too! When my sl-x needs replacing I think Im going to have a very tough decision on my hands!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

Re: CLEANING SHOW 09 - IONIC GLYDER AND FACELIFT FUSION VERDICT
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:46:23 pm »
When it comes to replacing your old 25ft SL-X, I think your decision might not be as tough as you think!  :D

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:23 pm »
Well along with some other things two poles stood out to me as competition to the sl-x. They were the Ionic Glyder and Facelift Fusion, 25-26ft poles and around the same prices as the sl-x.

The Glyder is a full carbon pole thats just over 26ft extended, and to begin with its super stiff ( as stiff as the sl-x ) and a bit heavier than the 25ft sl-x ( hardly noticeable when held imo ) its short when closed ( about the same as the 25ft sl-x ) and it feels brilliant to hold. It looked very tough, and very ready for a bashing. Overall, it was a stand out product to me, a real competitor to the sl-x. The clamps were VERY easy to use but the prototype version on show didn't have the final compound of plastic, so it was slipping a little, something that Reuben ( managing director ) I was chatting too promised would be rectified by next week.

Now onto the Facelift Fusion which is a carbon glassfibre mix 25ft pole. Again very impressive, its light ( I dont think it was as light as the Glyder ) and very sturdy like all Facelift poles. It was longer than a closed 25ft sl-x, reason being, it has an aluminium collar preventing it closing another 3-4 inches, this collar is an option though. Well it was also around as stiff as the Sl-x and Glyder. I believe it was a tad cheaper than the Glyder, but the final prices of these products aren't on their websites.

To top it off, I really liked both poles, especially the Glyder as its full carbon fibre slightly longer ( shorter closed too) and just looked the business , but the Fusion was up there too! When my sl-x needs replacing I think Im going to have a very tough decision on my hands!

forget weights and lengths

do they glitter and sparkle in the sunlight  ? ? ? ?

Pj

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:48 pm »
When it comes to replacing your old 25ft SL-X, I think your decision might not be as tough as you think!  :D

You've done it now Luke!  Blacklisted from purchasing anything from Gardiners for the next 7 generations! ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:58:27 pm »
haha. next month I will hold the new 30ft sl-x which is also slightly shorter closed, its sounds like an impressive pole too!! I still really like my 25ft sl-x, its been a good tool, very good!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:04:30 pm »

forget weights and lengths

do they glitter and sparkle in the sunlight  ? ? ? ?

well, for a looks award, the glyder would get a 9/10, the sl-x 9/10 and fusion 7/10!!!! haha. I think we should arrange some sort of cleaning show cat walk, where the poles are paraded in front of photographers and fans!!

Being serious though, I believe the look of a pole is very important ( to convey a good image ) something that the sl-x addressed very well!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »

Perhaps not, after holding the 30ft version!! It might be like those crazy early sl-x hazy days all over again!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 01:11:12 pm »

You've done it now Luke!  Blacklisted from purchasing anything from Gardiners for the next 7 generations! ;D

;D

On the contrary, I have read very carefully what Luke has posted and find it of great interest.

It is interesting how one year on, the big boys are now doing carbon fibre 25fts.  We've got a whole raft of new poles in the pipeline which will give more choice again.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 01:13:13 pm »
Oooooooh just hope Im not couped up in the Ridgeway when they come out!!  ;) Got any details Alex?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:17 pm »
Oooooooh just hope Im not couped up in the Ridgeway when they come out!!  ;) Got any details Alex?

Drop me an email.

trevor perry

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 01:29:30 pm »
 ionic poles look alright apart from the dodgy slipping clamps but i will stick with gardners as at least you know if anything is wrong the customer service is there with ionics once you have parted with your cash it is hard to get anything put right you can tell when their salesmen or lieing their lips move.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

chuggers

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »
I would go for the fusion anyday above the slx and glyder. The clamps on the glyder are dated and the pole is way overpriced. The slx is not very strong at all, i spoke to a few guys at the show who had the same probs as me with that one. The fusion is not really cheap for a hybrid pole but it is still light enough, strong and you cannot beat those clamps
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 02:17:57 pm »
I would go for the fusion anyday above the slx and glyder. The clamps on the glyder are dated and the pole is way overpriced. The slx is not very strong at all, i spoke to a few guys at the show who had the same probs as me with that one. The fusion is not really cheap for a hybrid pole but it is still light enough, strong and you cannot beat those clamps

Not very strong as in?

Never heard anyone say that it is not very strong before.

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 02:41:07 pm »
ionic poles look alright apart from the dodgy slipping clamps but i will stick with gardners as at least you know if anything is wrong the customer service is there with ionics once you have parted with your cash it is hard to get anything put right you can tell when their salesmen or lieing their lips move.

I don't think I've ever purchased anything from Alex, but three of my local fellow window cleaners have, and they all say good things about Gardiner poles, and from the feedback he receives on this forum, if I was going to buy an expensive pole, I would choose Alex over Ionics purely because of the customer service.

drwindows

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 02:49:00 pm »
Code: [Select]
I don't think I've ever purchased anything from Alex, but three of my local fellow window cleaners have, and they all say good things about Gardiner poles, and from the feedback he receives on this forum, if I was going to buy an expensive pole, I would choose Alex over Ionics purely because of the customer service.
which is all very well, but alex never seems to have any in stock!  And the SL-X, glyder and facelift poles are not expensive at all IMO for a pole you'll use all day, every day.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 03:06:41 pm »
Code: [Select]
which is all very well, but alex never seems to have any in stock!  And the SL-X, glyder and facelift poles are not expensive at all IMO for a pole you'll use all day, every day.

What can I say  ???

On one front I am happy because we have made money selling our full production run, on the other hand I am sad because people have to wait. They will be back on-line soon though.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 03:21:04 pm »
After seeing all the poles on offer at the show my wad of cash is staying in my pocket until the SL-X is in stock and that's without even seeing the SL-X.

Will I regret it? I'm pretty sure I wont :)
The 30ft (actual) length will make the wait worth it, I'm sure a lot of people have bought poles only to say after a few weeks use they wished they could just do with an extra couple of foot.

More length, Less Weight, More Compact, More Rigid (Well we don't actually know has some sulk if the spec is actually shown) Oh!!! and excellent back up, I think I'll be happy.

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 04:25:58 pm »
Alex, youve got mail!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 04:30:05 pm »
Its good that all the companies have something to offer, its the way that things improve in a capitalistic society!! In an ideal world, everybody would work together to make a product. We dont currently live in an ideal world, but I thought that the Glyder and Fusion were fantastic, with the Glyder really standing out!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:43:26 pm »
Its good that all the companies have something to offer, its the way that things improve in a capitalistic society!! In an ideal world, everybody would work together to make a product. We dont currently live in an ideal world, but I thought that the Glyder and Fusion were fantastic, with the Glyder really standing out!

Shame it's all about the money isn't it?

Ideally all firms involved should be able to pool knowledge, ideas, experience and resources and then sell one perfect product with an equally split of profits. Getting that to work would be the problem.

I have often thought that the same should be true with window cleaning contracts. Really we should all just do work that is close to us. I always pass window cleaners coming into my town as I am heading towards theirs!