This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Re: gg3 verdict
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 11:30:25 pm »
Jouk i just added that to my post above.

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 11:34:34 pm »
if you use it in a spray bottle only use this method on maintenance cleans, lightly spray and buff with a dry micro fibre.

when i use it in a bucket i put it on the applicater then put the applicater in the bucket.

i hate fairy liquid i dont use it in the house or for cleaning windows
Stephen C Brophy

jouk45

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:00 pm »
Jouk i just added that to my post above.
sorry darren am lost, which post

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 11:49:41 pm »
if you use it in a spray bottle only use this method on maintenance cleans, lightly spray and buff with a dry micro fibre.

when i use it in a bucket i put it on the applicater then put the applicater in the bucket.

i hate fairy liquid i dont use it in the house or for cleaning windows
stephen are you refering to squeegee of or gg3

Darren O

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 11:50:51 pm »
Jouk when fairy liquid dries i find it leaves a white residue on the window like when you get kick marks of your squeegie.

jouk45

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 11:57:49 pm »
i cant say i have had that problem with fairy darren, i will give anything a try if the reviews are good, i will try squeegee of, see how i get on with that, thanks guys for all your help

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47:54 am »
squeegee off i also good Joe I got a bottle from somewhere for free and still have that, I very rarely do trad these days. I does have more glide then gg4
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jouk45

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 04:56:54 pm »
GG3 does work but only if you use 10 times the recommended dosage!!!!!! try it. It just won't let the rubber slip other wise, resulting in skip marks & smears.

This makes it uneconomical to use. It does leave a lovely gleam on the glass though.

Here is my recommended solution- 20ml of squeegee off + 5ml of GG3 in 8 to 10 litres of water. = some suds, loads of slip & gleaming glass! :D

Tony
ok i thought i would give it one more bash as i had a big inside job this morning, so i followed your instructions marmac, and guess what, it was brilliant, lovely and smooth no juddering or friction, and the shine was great, custy was over the moon, i never had squeegee of so i just added 6 drops of fairy, so which did the job was it the fairy or gg3  ;D

wightsurf

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 05:10:49 pm »
I have exactly the same probs with unger 51, so i added a few drops of fairy job done. Make me wonder why bother and just use fairy  ::)

stevekennedy

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 09:13:23 pm »
Fairy and Squeegee off have high levels of salt and leave a residue in the seals etc.

First shower of rain and the windows will spot.

Glass Gleam does not contain salt and will leave very little residue on the windows

I can WFP windows that have been cleaned with GG3 with no spotting. Do the same with Fairy or Sq Off and they usually spot.

Just my experience.

trevor perry

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 08:12:11 am »
Fairy and Squeegee off have high levels of salt and leave a residue in the seals etc.

Glass Gleam does not contain salt and will leave very little residue on the windows

I can WFP windows that have been cleaned with GG3 with no spotting. Do the same with Fairy or Sq Off and they usually spot.

Just my experience.
i would agree with fairy but never had that problem with squeegee off as yet.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

macmac

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 10:36:19 am »
GG3 does work but only if you use 10 times the recommended dosage!!!!!! try it. It just won't let the rubber slip other wise, resulting in skip marks & smears.

This makes it uneconomical to use. It does leave a lovely gleam on the glass though.

Here is my recommended solution- 20ml of squeegee off + 5ml of GG3 in 8 to 10 litres of water. = some suds, loads of slip & gleaming glass! :D

Tony
ok i thought i would give it one more bash as i had a big inside job this morning, so i followed your instructions marmac, and guess what, it was brilliant, lovely and smooth no juddering or friction, and the shine was great, custy was over the moon, i never had squeegee of so i just added 6 drops of fairy, so which did the job was it the fairy or gg3  ;D

yeah, that'll have a similar effect. I used to use gg3 + ecover washing up liquid. As said, you need to add something to gg3 to get the slip. I would advise you get a small bottle of squeegee off the next time you order some stuff & try the ultimate solution! :D

Tony

Darren O

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 11:06:59 am »
Before i used Sqeegee Off i tried Unger first used it for about 3 months found you had to use loads of it to get suds but loved the smell of it i then tried Squeegee Off and used to use both part Squeegee part Unger it worked well but thought it was a bit stupid using both so just use Squeegee Off now and it works great.

edd

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 11:13:04 am »
PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ASAP EDD

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 11:22:42 am »

Just my experience.

Fairy problems yes, never had a problem with squeegee off though. Where is it that you get the high salt levels information from? Never heard of it. :)

stevekennedy

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 02:20:45 pm »
http://windowcleanerproducts.com/msds/msds_EttoreSqueegeeOff.pdf

Scroll down

Salt creates slip.

There was a product that only provided slip and not cleaning. Can't recall the name.

Like the others, I find GG3 excellent but you need to use more than the baottle tells you (much like squeegee off actually)

We use approx 35ml per 5 litres of water

stevekennedy

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 02:23:47 pm »
You will also note that Squeegee Off has been tested on animals   >:(

macmac

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:56 pm »

And so it should be, rather one of them die than me! ;)

Tony

martinsadie

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »

And so it should be, rather one of them die than me! ;)

Tony
should do the tests on sex offenders and leave the nice animals alone  ;D

dave0123

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 08:44:54 pm »
I use more than 35ml i dont know how much just pour abit in so i get a few suds.
Dave.