This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

karygate

water meter usage
« on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:08 am »
anyone currently paying by water meter and have a 300gpd. how much water do you use and what do you pay.
gary

cat9921

Re: water meter usage
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:01:16 am »
anyone currently paying by water meter and have a 300gpd. how much water do you use and what do you pay.

Are you on a water meter then  ::)

Klean07

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:15 am »
I'm on one unfortunatly. My bills are quite high. I use about 1600 litres a week so you can imagine how much waste water I'm wasting. I've got a few ideas though to try and stop this though. I have a few customers that have said I can fill up from their house. Only problem is that I would be hanging around for 4 hours whilst tank fills. The other idea would be to just fill my tank from their tap normally then transfer into another tank at my house via merlin then back into my van again. Time consuming yes but lower water bills.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

russ_clark

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:30 am »
We use 1600 litres a day -most days  :o
Yes we are on a meter.
It is part and parcel of running our business

karygate

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:59:23 pm »
yes but what does it cost you as having to switch over.
gary

geefree

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:05:30 pm »
I'm on one unfortunatly. My bills are quite high. I use about 1600 litres a week so you can imagine how much waste water I'm wasting. I've got a few ideas though to try and stop this though. I have a few customers that have said I can fill up from their house. Only problem is that I would be hanging around for 4 hours whilst tank fills. The other idea would be to just fill my tank from their tap normally then transfer into another tank at my house via merlin then back into my van again. Time consuming yes but lower water bills.

get a di vessell... fill it from a customers house in ten minutes.

EZclean

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »
TDS might be too high to use DI
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

AJ

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 06:12:26 pm »
I use approx 3200L p/week. Water bill gone up to £95 a month from £42

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
Someone I know takes a bit of water from peoples water butts, puts it in his trolley, the TDS is usually about 25, so when mixed with your standard water it's ok, as long as you don't do too much!! Not sure exactly how he transfers it.

But rain water harvesting could be an option I'm pondering it...

Klean07

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 07:19:41 pm »

I started out using this method with a 35 litre di bottle but was only lasting a couple of weeks so bought a merlin instead and smaller di bottle.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

landy2

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:50 pm »
i wait until my niebour goes uot ant plug into his outside tap were all on meters as we did not pay our bills

karygate

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 05:50:02 am »
aj is that 3200 litre using or does that include your wastage and are you using a ro
gary

cat9921

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 06:04:17 am »
you need to get a life if you are online at this time  ;D

AJ

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:05 am »
aj is that 3200 litre using or does that include your wastage and are you using a ro

3200L of pure water, using a 40-40 set at 2 waste to 1 product

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 06:21:32 pm »

Hope the customer is not on meter or you would be wrong to do that

---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 06:21:43 pm »
I use a lot of water, not for WFP but for my swimmimg pool and we have a license from water board costing approx £180 per year . Maybe you should all check that way of paying for water

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »
I use a lot of water, not for WFP but for my swimmimg pool and we have a license from water board costing approx £180 per year . Maybe you should all check that way of paying for water
tell us more!!!!! :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 09:50:15 pm »
ww
where's shiner?

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 10:34:33 pm »
ww
where's shiner?
on pros and a couple of others got fed up od the back biting i guess, I guess he still reads  :-\

Shame hes a good guy
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Re: water meter usage New
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 09:14:55 am »
tell us more!!!!! :-\

Phone your water board, as i imagine all areas are different . But i applied years ago, before they started installing water meters, on advice of swimming pool company. Told them i had a pool and water company said best way is to use yearly license, thats on top of normal standing charges etc