This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sam peafield

cleaning contracts
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:53:02 pm »
Hi all,

came accross cleaning contract section on this forum and just wondering how many of you actually bid on these advertised council/other contracts and if so whats the success rate, is there any point a one man band like myself bidding or are they already sewn up for the "big boys", currently i am focused on expanding my domestic work but i would be very interested to know how these contracts get decided, just trying to get an angle on how it works and would love to hear from any of you with thoughts or experience.

Thanks
Sam

sam peafield

Re: cleaning contracts
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:15 am »
Have i asked the wrong question ??

Hence no replies.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:21:34 pm »
i have read them to be honest they look like they are wrote in another language
i just go dylexic looking at them sorry cant help

poole bay

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:32:52 pm »
its not what you know, it who you know and being on the right place at the right time but if you go looking you will get some work also just keep asking people mate. regard carl.

andyatkinson

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:07:52 pm »
they need to know everything like turnover etc, you cant really win a tender if say the contract is worth double your existing turnover , they can consider it too risky as its too much for you too take on. so you in theory bid for small ones and build up that way until you can get bigger ones.