This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Half the price??
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:26:26 pm »
It seems the £3 a house brigade are in commercial too, quoted a huge conservatory inside and out a few weeks back, you can see it here -

www.bents.co.uk

I quoted a very fair price and never heard anything back so i got in contact to see what went on and recieved a nice email

"Hi Sean,

Thanks for your email. Our existing window cleaner won the contract in the end, purely down to finance
Your quote was the most detailed and particularly tailored to our needs, thank you for the attention to detail that you gave, it was very much appreciated. I really don’t think there would have been anything else that you could have done to secure the deal to be honest. Yourself and the other contractors that I contacted came in mostly at the same price, our existing window cleaners price I really don’t think could have been matched at £x00.00.
If this wasn’t down to cost then I feel certain that it would have been Dolphin that would have got the deal, your professionalism was outstanding compared to the other companies, you emailed the quote speedily to me and followed it up, certainly the service that we here at Bents expect.
I have kept your details on file and in the future should an opportunity arise either we will contact you again.

Kindest regards and very best wishes"

But i couldnt understand how cleaners got away with such low price!!!  Maybe your on here?? lol IN which case - HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY HAHA

the guy was half my price??

Out of interest what you reckon for that in and out, once every 8 weeks and not including roof

mlscontractcleaner

Re: Half the price??
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:31:58 pm »
Why do people constantly come on here to moan about not winning contracts that they have quoted for?????

It's called business, that's the be all and end all, full stop!!

Just price better next time  ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

seandyer2003

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:39:49 pm »
Why do people constantly come on here to moan about not winning contracts that they have quoted for?????

It's called business, that's the be all and end all, full stop!!

Just price better next time  ;)

I just wondered how someone can earn money at such daft prices, sorry - thought this place was about conversation, maybe none of us should say anything then it would be a right laugh on here??

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:48:55 pm »

Out of interest what you reckon for that in and out, once every 8 weeks and not including roof

Are you talking trad or wfp?

*steve warford

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:53:49 pm »
Sean,

Tthe Archer here mate,

what you need to understand, is there are some SO CALLED window cleaners around that are hopeless at cleaning windows that give good window cleaners a bad name.

They are prepared to pack in driving buses or warehouse work and try there hand at window cleaning.

Having a quick glance at that conservatory i would want atleast £500, simple as that.

I NEVER NEVER go in to win a contract, i price the contract to what i feel is the correct price.

Dont worry about other people who put in stupid prices, because i always say when i price a job, i am THE BEST window cleaner out there, and if they want me - they will pay...........

I am snowed under with work with my approach & confidence in backing up what i say.

Started carrying a bucket & mop aged 8 for my uncle & been running my own business 19 years so my outlook on window cleaning is similar to yours i would imagine,

Chris (Archer window cleaning)  ;)

ZaNo

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »
whys your name chris and your forum name steve? ???

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »
I'm not THE BEST window cleaner...adequate is how I'd sum up my efforts.

But I'm cheap and nearly always get the work I'm quoting for and I too am snowed under.

Chris you're Fortnum & Masons and I'm Asda...but we both make money.

Happy days ;)

Pj

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »
£500????  Inside & Outside????

I wouldn't touch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seandyer2003

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:57 pm »
Sean,

Tthe Archer here mate,

what you need to understand, is there are some SO CALLED window cleaners around that are hopeless at cleaning windows that give good window cleaners a bad name.

They are prepared to pack in driving buses or warehouse work and try there hand at window cleaning.

Having a quick glance at that conservatory i would want atleast £500, simple as that.

I NEVER NEVER go in to win a contract, i price the contract to what i feel is the correct price.

Dont worry about other people who put in stupid prices, because i always say when i price a job, i am THE BEST window cleaner out there, and if they want me - they will pay...........

I am snowed under with work with my approach & confidence in backing up what i say.

Started carrying a bucket & mop aged 8 for my uncle & been running my own business 19 years so my outlook on window cleaning is similar to yours i would imagine,

Chris (Archer window cleaning)  ;)

well i was pretty cuffed that when i got the email she was happy with the company... your price was similat to mine, plus access added. For inside, inside was to be done trad on scissor lift, and outside wfp..

Glad you doing well archer mate, wish i could say i was snowed under, whatever and however your marketing its working :)

seandyer2003

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 05:20:34 pm »

But I'm cheap and nearly always get the work I'm quoting for and I too am snowed under.

Happy days ;)

Whose making more dosh though :)

My thought is im business to make PROFIT, and as much as possible otherwise id work for someone, its easy to fill your books with low prices, but i want a good round.. But im not knocking you simon, it works for you mate, our view of what we want is different is all :)

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
£500????  Inside & Outside????

I wouldn't touch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither would i,blimey 500 sheets for that i don`t think so. ???

johnny_h

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:05 pm »
 let the guy have it he will regret it in the end and then start to miss it out or go off into the sun set then you will get the call
AUDI VIDE TACE

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 05:32:00 pm »

Happy days ;)

Whose making more dosh though :)

My thought is im business to make PROFIT, and as much as possible otherwise id work for someone, its easy to fill your books with low prices, but i want a good round.. But im not knocking you simon, it works for you mate, our view of what we want is different is all :)

When I say cheap I'm not talking stupid cheap...just pitching my quotes to get the work and keeping it.  

I think the difference is that you look at it as a business whereas I look at it as a job that pays the bills with a bit over for holidays etc.

I don't employ..never have...never will.

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 05:43:50 pm »
let the guy have it he will regret it in the end and then start to miss it out or go off into the sun set then you will get the call

No hes there regular cleaner who does the entrance, but they needed in their words "someone with specialized equipment" haha, o well!

Hope he has proper fully comp insurance as if one of those windows goes through Ouch - wouldnt want to see the price for replacing

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 05:48:57 pm »
Theres no fool like a busy fool!! ... Simon!!  ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »
i would say he will be insured and proper.

now for the price i couldnt see a proper pic but if excess equipment is needed then even £500 is cheap.

maybe he changed the schedule to less regualar to make it within there budget?

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 05:52:15 pm »
Good to see you posting again Groundhog,show us another vid lol. ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 05:52:47 pm »
i would say he will be insured and proper.

now for the price i couldnt see a proper pic but if excess equipment is needed then even £500 is cheap.

maybe he changed the schedule to less regualar to make it within there budget?

A scissor i reckoned inside ronnie, but yeah 500 is cheap too, i did it for bit more plus access... figuring that after a few cleans it would be down to a day inside, and one out...

Plus money to get ipaf cert, insurances etc, list goes on... muppets

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 05:56:17 pm »

Sooner be busy and earn than over-price and not  ;)

Anyway I'm happy so let me get on with it 8)

bertola

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 06:21:47 pm »
I think you need to price just to earn your wage at the moment , I certainly do .

if you have spare capacity price to win the contract , there is no point spending the time and effort pricing a job if there is only a slight chance you may win

and when you do win it you can always sell it on at a later date when better things and times come along . there is a recession out there and prices matter to everyone at the moment

be competitive