This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craig 72

Re: First cleans today-learnt the hard way
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 07:45:36 pm »
Cheers for the advice folks.Heartening to know a lot of people went through the same thing in the beginning.It's good,in a way,that now I have a yardstick  to judge how long new jobs might take.

ZaNo

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:06 pm »
Go get a real job
I got the joke as soon as i read it, i think people must have different sense of humours or something, i see no abuse here just pointing out w/c is a real job in a sarcy way 8)

tomy jackson

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 08:28:30 pm »
my ferst huse lader blue over and smashed next doors frunt window , the bung proberley not over priced as your new so in 6 munths come back and tell us wot you think of the price

andyatkinson

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 08:37:36 pm »
look on the bright side for your first day you earned minimum wage, you didnt lose money, it just gets better from now :)

Craig 72

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 09:09:52 pm »
^Yeah that's a good way to look at it.It's £40 more than I would have earned sitting on my arse.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »
i take an old pair of slippers for insides now get on a cold tiled conservatry floor
gets you off to a bad start.
once put black flecks off my socks on a posh carpet not dirty but you could see where id been in
this house and it was the deepest pile youde ever seengod knows how much it costbut
they didnt buy it where i get my carpets never made same mistake

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »
^Yeah that's a good way to look at it.It's £40 more than I would have earned sitting on my arse.

One of my first eight hour days (twelve years ago admittedly - £38!)

Another up on a flat roof extension and the ladder blew away - no one home so lowered myself onto the water-butt and fell through the lid!  ;D ;D ;D

It's a lesson learned Craig and you got paid for the lesson so that's not bad is it?
It's a game of three halves!

Craig 72

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 09:41:39 pm »

One of my first eight hour days (twelve years ago admittedly - £38!)

Another up on a flat roof extension and the ladder blew away - no one home so lowered myself onto the water-butt and fell through the lid!  ;D ;D ;D

It's a lesson learned Craig and you got paid for the lesson so that's not bad is it?

Lol!I've had a few 'Frank Spencer' moments myself over the years doing building work.

ftp

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 11:43:37 pm »
Wait 'till you clean the wrong house - that's always such a laugh!  :-\

LWC

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 08:04:43 am »

Cleaned a house twice once, both time she rang me saying i hadnt cleaned her windows i was like "i have!" she just accepted it. Went the next time and then realised id gone to wrong corner of cul de sac  :-[

Well annoying spent ages cleaning down the frames and pvc on the wrong house lol!

cozy

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 08:23:07 am »

Been there done that ::)
Had a row of 8 houses, had 4 to do. Did the fronts then went around to do the backs. Got out of "sinc" and cleaned 2 of the neighbours by mistake before I realised what I'd done. ???
What's worse is, I still make mistakes like that  :o

DOH!

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 08:25:18 am »

;D

Not long after I first started, it was one of those hot/sweaty days; I was tired; not used to all this ladder work, and I put my ladder at a silly angle above a small porch.  I'd done this before, but the grass my ladder feet were on was usually soft, but this time it was baked hard.

As I got to the top of the ladder, it slipped on the sun-baked earth and I went crashing down onto the porch; for a milisecond the ladder and myself stopped; then I went crashing to the ground.

My customer was watching all this, with wide-eyes.

I was fine, just scratched and bruised, and I jumped up saying, 'It's okay, I'm a Geordie, I'm a Geordie'!

That was funny.

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 11:58:39 am »
did you do much damage tosh?

AJ

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »
still got my very first housing association job, from 1989.
it used to take 2 of us most of the day on ladders.
after a few cleans it was 2 of us 4 hours.
then i done it on my own in 4 hours.
its a wfp job now and i do it in 2 hrs on my own.

when we first started it, it was a proper slog, but as it has turned out it is a well priced little job.

stick with it, at the moment your getting paid to learn. which can't be bad.

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 03:48:20 pm »

or when you go to the wrong door looking for money, and think i have no idea who you are when they answer. always carry a business card an ask if they like the work and want you regular ;D