Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

Van and seating question
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »
In the future when i do go wfp i would need a van with rear seats coz i aint gonna run a van and a car, was wondering if anyone has a van mount but also rear seats? Is it poss? Was thinking that the weight distribution might not be correct?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

bad trippy

Re: Van and seating question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 08:11:59 pm »
In the future when i do go wfp i would need a van with rear seats coz i aint gonna run a van and a car, was wondering if anyone has a van mount but also rear seats? Is it poss? Was thinking that the weight distribution might not be correct?

My caddy has factory fitted rear seats..

Great when the family car is out of action, but a pain 99.9% of the time.

I can't have a really big tank fitted, as the weight would be right on back axle! (Instead of spread between the two)

I'm still using barrels in the back which is a pian having to swap the hose from one to another every twenty minutes or so; especially when the van is up to 100 metres away!

But... it can be done!
perhaps a long wheel based transit sized van, where the mount wouldnt be on rear axle but nearer the middle im wondering?

dave.e

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:12:39 pm »
Hi trippy if you got a lwb van then yes you could but when i did mine told the insrance what i was going to do and i had to get a garage to do the work because thay wanted the report and thay told me if i had 3 seats upfront then i could only have 3 in back so you will have to check with them first.  the wieght will be ok so long as you get the upright tank so the tank will be in the middle of the van.

Mike 108

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:24:12 pm »
Trippy

You have email.

Mike

bad trippy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:30:20 pm »

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:05:30 am »
I know of several window cleaners down here in Cornwall that use a SWB VW Transporter/Kombi with the second row of seats and then have a large tank behind the rear seats (250-500 litres). It seems to work very well, although anything like this is a bit of a compromise as you do not get the best of both worlds, however if you really want just one vehicle it is the solution.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 09:14:23 am »
Best solution is a pickup with 5 seat and the mount on the pickup part!! you can easily have a 650ltr
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

david wood

Re: Van and seating question New
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:43:30 pm »
yes ive got an expert and had 3 seats fitted in the back then the system behind the seats the only downfall says the kids is they cant look out of any side windows