This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

how do I do this
« on: March 08, 2009, 01:51:55 pm »
Any way of connecting say 4 barrels to 1 intake pipe to save running back to the van as often to change them over? I thought of putting t-pieces in  but will this mean the pump sucks from all 4 at once using more water in less time?
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

Re: how do I do this
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:47:17 pm »
already have t pieces and pipe so may try it
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:15:44 pm »
I have 300l in bottles, but the van is only 1149 cc so I couldn't put a large capacity tank in it.
Cheers Rich

dai

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:36 pm »
I use two 25lt  containers, there is a stainless steel tube in each one and they are connected with a Y piece. water always finds it's own level, both containers empty at the same rate.
I sometime just change one container leaving a few inches of water in the other one, they will still be empty at the same time.
You will be able to connect as many containers as you like.

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:09:43 pm »
I use two 25lt  containers, there is a stainless steel tube in each one and they are connected with a Y piece. water always finds it's own level, both containers empty at the same rate.
I sometime just change one container leaving a few inches of water in the other one, they will still be empty at the same time.
so using that method will it use twice as much water at once Dai?
Cheers Rich

johnny_h

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:18 pm »
i have 4 barrels connected together the water levels in them are all equal
if you mail me i will try to send you a pic
AUDI VIDE TACE

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:51:04 pm »

I tried that once and it didn't work for me!

:(

macmac

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 10:38:18 pm »
You could do it by using header/cold water storage tank fittings, like the ones in most peoples lofts. Don't think it would be easy to move the barrels about though, better if all 4 stayed in the van all the time then you wouldn't have to connect/disconnect. ;)

Tony

macmac

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
Obviously with a piece of pipe between each barrel. I think you can get JG-speedfit tank connectors now. This would make it easy to disconnect as they are push-fit & demountable ;)

Hey, that's it, your solution. ;)

Tony

macmac

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/14952/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Fittings/JG-Speedfit-Tank-Connectors-22mm

These are the ones, then connect each barrel via a short piece of 22mm plastic or copper pipe. job's a good'un.
Obviously, the barrels would have to be filled while all connected but this would provide a quick, cheap & easy solution to your problem. ;)

Tony

RPCCS

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:31:20 pm »
thanks Tony
Cheers Rich

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:24 pm »
Just to put this to rest - having two/four pipes T-pieced in to each barrel makes no difference to the flow rate - you will use the same amount of water as you would if you linked each barrel in to each other.
It's a game of three halves!

RPCCS

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
so in doing this it won't use  the water up quicker is that what your saying?
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 10:20:05 pm »
don' have a flow controller, diect inlet from barrel to pump diect outlet from pump to pole, water to brush controlled by trigger, does that make ie any different?
Cheers Rich

mci services

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 11:25:49 pm »
I have 300l in bottles, but the van is only 1149 cc so I couldn't put a large capacity tank in it.
if your carrying 300l in bottles it will still be the same weight as 300l in a tank ???