Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

with the credit munch biting we don,t seem to have been effected with losing customers on the domestic side ...just apoll below to see how many houses you have lost .

1 to 5
62.7%
32 (62.7%)
5 to 10
11.8%
6 (11.8%)
10 to 15
9.8%
5 (9.8%)
15 to 20
15.7%
8 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 48

trevor povey

credit munch poll
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:27:10 am »
'probably lost 5 or 6 directly due to people watching their purse strings re the credit munch

on the commercial side lost 1  or 2 small jobs .

one of my competitors who does town centres and offices told me he has lost 25% of all his commercial jobs and ain't got a full week now.

williamx

Re: credit munch poll
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 09:44:46 am »
Lost none, gaining 10 every week 8)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 09:47:28 am »
I have only lost three houses and one shop and a couple have gone every eight weeks from four weeks but i have picked up more than i have lost

I have also been putting my prices up this week a minimum of £1 and will continue to do so until all have been put up and so far have lost none of them in fact i have had comments like about time and i dont blame you maybe i have been undercharging

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:56:14 am »
If there was a 50-100 box I'd be ticking that :(

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 09:57:12 am »
ive lost none but it could be intresting over the next few weeks , theres someone in the area i work posting flyers , that say credit crunch window cleaning and its got prices on £3 for a full house £1.50 for a bungalow £4 for house & conny how can they make a living with prices like that .
where theres muck theres money

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:02:57 am »
ive lost none but it could be intresting over the next few weeks , theres someone in the area i work posting flyers , that say credit crunch window cleaning and its got prices on £3 for a full house £1.50 for a bungalow £4 for house & conny how can they make a living with prices like that .

jeez dave things must be bad up there :o

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:12:02 am »

It all depends on their outlook on life and what their expectations are if i had to charge those types of prices i would rather give up window cleaning as the only thing that keeps me motivated is the earning potential

Whatever you do dont try to compete with those types of prices just carry on as you are

Without generalising too much the types that charge little dont tend to stick at it for too long and i find my customers stay with me because i do a good job they trust me and i come back month after month year after year

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:43:29 am »
you will always loose a couple now and them for what ever reason, but if you market properly you will gain many many more.

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 11:00:39 am »
I have lost quite a few over the last several months.  I would say maybe around 8-10.  With that said I am gaining new customers every so often but sadly most of these new ones only want me as a one off. 

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 11:05:44 am »
Maybe its an area thing as well with one area being hit harder than another
In my area their is not as much heavy industry its more farming and tourism and we all need food and more people are holidaying in the UK so we are not hit as hard as an area that relies on other industries

Klean07

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:02:28 pm »
Everyone loses some now and again. Credit crunch or no credit crunch. What about custies that die or move house?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 12:16:55 pm »
Have lost quite a few customers way over what the poll figures show, in one area three main factories are all laying off people which does not help, there is still work out there just a little harder to get.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 12:45:08 pm »
We have lost 1 or 2 but we seem to have picked up more than we have lost. We arn't even advertising, bussines seems to be booming as the moment anyway. Doesn't seem to make sence. :-\

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »
Lostover 100....prob due to so many newbies on here seeing how much we all earn and jumping on the bandwagon. ::)

Do you reconize many of the new posters on here. They are all newbies....BEWARE.

Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Robin Ray

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 01:08:27 pm »
I may be a newbie on here. But I've been cleaning windows for 10years.

And you were a newbie once.  :)

williamx

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 03:06:06 pm »
Everyone loses some now and again. Credit crunch or no credit crunch. What about custies that die or move house?

Since christmas I have lost none.

Over the year I will lose some because of them moving or dying, but losing any because of the credit crunch, I dare say I will lose some over the year but it is not happening yet.

pjulk

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 04:30:59 pm »
I lost a dozen or so last year when they started talking about the credit crunch.

Then lost nothing until this year and have lost about 6 since xmas.