Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

online surcharges
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:43:25 pm »
do any of you add a surcharge for customers paying online (paypal) just been looking at there charges and they are a bit high really was wondering if you can automaticaly add a surcharge on when customers pay online or do you tell them to add extra to there bill if they pay through your website or do you just not charge anything.

paul

Window Washers

Re: online surcharges
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50:54 pm »
do any of you add a surcharge for customers paying online (paypal) just been looking at there charges and they are a bit high really was wondering if you can automaticaly add a surcharge on when customers pay online or do you tell them to add extra to there bill if they pay through your website or do you just not charge anything.

paul

I thought about this, when selling on ebay I did, window cleaning I personally would not, there charges are about the same as a bank. You get paid quicker so good for you, set up account into a seperate private account, then withdraw to this and write one cheque to you business account, you get paid quicker and about the same charges.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »
quote author=Stan The Man link=topic=71285.msg621504#msg621504 date=1236379496]
dont think you can ask customers to pay with paypal then charge them for it ;D ;D
why not ? no different to leaving an envelope and getting the customer to put a stamp on it..[

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:12 pm »
i am thinking over this but say for a £10 cheque sent in the post cost to cash about 27p but through paypal it would be 54p nearly double the cost. I know we are only talking pennies here but over a year it all adds up. Just out of interest why would you not charge your customers for using paypal ian?

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:13 pm »
i am thinking over this but say for a £10 cheque sent in the post cost to cash about 27p but through paypal it would be 54p nearly double the cost. I know we are only talking pennies here but over a year it all adds up. Just out of interest why would you not charge your customers for using paypal ian?
Because I am always owed quite a bit of money, I would rather it be in my bank that not, that is the simple answer, also the more people that pay with paypal the lower the charges will be. You need to stop thinking of the penny pinching to move forward it is less hassle getting paid online, takes you less time to process it save you time and money in the long run.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:12 pm »
54p is double 27p  ;D ;D
Stan have a lie down m8, this move forward must be doing your head in, first no patch, then wfp, now online banking. I think i should start being a shrink to trad cleaners I see a future in it  :P

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 11:20:15 pm »
customers like to see the head man on the job,its my reputation what runs the buisness  ;D ;D
Your kidding yourself, they just want the job done right, and if not they want to see the head man ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:51:32 pm »
i found i never get complaints,put someone new on the job and the customer seems to check and complain(odd ones)after a while they leave him alone put someone else on they start again, i ve got jobs by answering the question will it be you cleaning the windows
so you work alone |Stan ?, I always say it is my staff that clean windows but if there are any problems they speak to me and I will kick staff up the ass, I also say I will personally come out to clean there windows which seems to work quite well.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 09:54:21 am »
Paul
Have you set up paypal payments on your website and if so how do you add it?

And i will add a small surcharge to cover the cost of it but will also state that cheques dont have a charge just as an option hoping that they will think that paying by cheque is cheaper and prompt them to send payment quicker

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 10:07:21 am »
hi dean

if you go to paypals website and click on merchant services it's all onthere, basically you just create a button there are step by step instructions(easy to do) and then copy and paste the html code into your website(someone did that bit for me),
i had a  personal account with them already and just changed it to business account, there are a couple of security checks they do it was an automated phone call and then had to enter a 4 digit code they provide you with before hand.

hope that helps any probs let me know..

Dean Aspects

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 10:13:33 am »
Thanks mate
I also have a paypal account so will have a look later

Steve B

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:30:25 am »
By applying a surcharge to accept a Paypal payment is a violation of the Paypal user agreement.

However as far as I can see the only way they could find out was if someone was to report it and I presume the outcome would be closure of your Paypal account.
All the best

Steve

mci services

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 04:27:22 pm »
paul i dont charge any more for paying onine, as the way i see it they are saving you money on fuel by not collecting so it balances out

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 04:49:34 pm »
P1W1 and Stan the Man

Can I draw your attention to the no swearing rule.