This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martindrz400

hot v cold my results
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:23:44 pm »
was cleaning a large office block with a employee last saturday , have a two man system .
i was using hot and he was using cold .In my opinion the hot seemed to dry much quicker, when we finished ,we inspected the windows and all mine had dried completly and his had dots of water on

I dare say when competly dry they were both the same. only my opinion

Window Washers

Re: hot v cold my results
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:27:50 pm »
was cleaning a large office block with a employee last saturday , have a two man system .
i was using hot and he was using cold .In my opinion the hot seemed to dry much quicker, when we finished ,we inspected the windows and all mine had dried completly and his had dots of water on

I dare say when competly dry they were both the same. only my opinion
How posh are you  :P
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

macmac

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:16 pm »
What, you mean cold water actually cleaned the glass & you didn't finnish 10 hours before your mate?  Are honest or just mad!? :D

Tony

LWC

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:16 pm »
What, you mean cold water actually cleaned the glass & you didn't finnish 10 hours before your mate?  Are honest or just mad!? :D

Tony

I cant see that myself...cold water cleaning glass? And finishing 10 hours before him?? 20 more like?  ;D

martindrz400

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:35:18 pm »
no what i mine is simply hot water dries quicker

martindrz400

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36:29 pm »
10 hours who mentioned that what a prat !

LWC

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:38:42 pm »
Gotta say after using it for a while...it aint that much, if any faster than cold?

Only time you save it when you have bird crap as it melts it

Its just nice to use, thats my verdict...not the be all and end all

macmac

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:37 pm »

Me! I was led to believe you could do two days work in one with hot water! + add to that the results are far superior with hot water. Is this not the case? ???

Tony

ftp

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:55 pm »
No, it's the fact that the guy using the hot water made more money than the guy using cold water. The hot water paid for itself on that job alone.  ;)

matt

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »

Me! I was led to believe you could do two days work in one with hot water! + add to that the results are far superior with hot water. Is this not the case? ???

Tony

tony, now come on, your just talking hot water down so others dont find out that you can get 3 days work done in 1 day

you sly dog you

Kevin R

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:09:34 am »
To only real time/labour advantage to hot water is on low frequency / one off commercial cleans and on cladding cleans etc. On a large commercial job it is much much quicker.

On maintenance cleans (excepting removal of impacted soilage) there's not much in it.

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 01:30:26 am »
Hot water sheets on glass and lifts dirt easier than cold water

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

Re: hot v cold my results New
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 07:26:06 am »
Gotta say after using it for a while...it aint that much, if any faster than cold?

Only time you save it when you have bird crap as it melts it

Its just nice to use, thats my verdict...not the be all and end all

Thats my experience with it also. Its good, but I'm not sure if its worth the extra money in outlay, and running costs.
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY