This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

HOW FAST DO YOUR CHEQUES COME IN?
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:38 pm »
I am not happy at the moment, ... two weeks ago , from monday to friday.... i cleaned an average of....              ok let me just make this figure up...10 houses per day... 50 houses per week....

this week the cheques from them cleans started coming in at a rate of 3 per day !!!

70% down...on the daily rate of the previous week.

so ,  when my missus says how much have you done today, and i say £x.xx.... it takes two weeks to arrive... in fits and starts..

for instance i never get ten cleans worth of cheques coming through the door on a daily basis...

its doing my head in now. ;)

martinsadie

Re: HOW FAST DO YOUR CHEQUES COME IN?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:52 pm »
collecting might be a pain but you get most of the cash the same week  ;D ;D

cbcs

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:55:26 pm »
Welcome to the world of window cleaning  :P

geefree

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »
my round is decent and good paying customers... but it is well scattered...and collecting would be a nightmare.

cbcs

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 09:00:59 pm »
Not that good, or you wouldn't be moaning!  :P

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:02:11 pm »
lol

johns window kleen

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
Cant be a bigger nightmare than not getting paid.
Got to be worth a tenners diesl and a few hours knocking, cos people aint rushing to pay anymore.
 :'(

johnny_h

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:32 pm »
i have decided to suspend postal and internet payments and start collecting on a thursday evening something i have resisted till now
AUDI VIDE TACE

geefree

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 09:19:17 pm »
Not that good, or you wouldn't be moaning! :P

not one bad payer.... cheques slow coming in... read the header  ::)

cbcs

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:04 pm »
If they were good paying customers wouldn't they send the cheques straight away?  :-\

johns window kleen

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:46 pm »
I think a lot of people are now treating our tickets{with SAE's} like the Gas Bill.
They pay it at their leisure and normally wait for a reminder.
Shame of it is our cash flows arent' the same as the utilities companies.

I only leave envelopes at certain peoples houses I can rely upon to pay by cheque within a week, at the furthest point away from home in my kingdom, the rest I go and collect from once a week.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:42:00 pm »
If they were good paying customers wouldn't they send the cheques straight away? :-\

no, if they were bad paying customers they would not pay, and i would drop them.

macmac

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 10:01:00 pm »
Don't worry Gazza, the main thing is that they do come in. You need to try & build a "kitty",  keep around one to two weeks wages in the bank & view this as balance zero. This will help ease any worries of direct debits etc.
My cheques take from 1 day to 1 month BUT i always get them. ;)
& like yourself, my work is scattered over a 40 mile radius, I ain't collecting!

Tony

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 10:01:41 pm »
I never badger customers to pay that way they seem to pay quicker,if you do enough work you should have a constant flow of cheques covering the weeks your working when not getting paid.I might work say this week and collect nothing hardly as the customers are out or away,but i`m getting cheques coming in all the time from work done in previous weeks-months.

gary999

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 10:02:11 pm »
i used sae as my first option for payments financially i found
myself falling behind,started collecting just after christmas and things
are already looking better,i still use sae but only if customer isnt in
when i call to collect

geefree

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:05:59 pm »
If they were good paying customers wouldn't they send the cheques straight away? :-\

no, if they were bad paying customers they would not pay, and i would drop them.

geefree

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
Don't worry Gazza, the main thing is that they do come in. You need to try & build a "kitty", keep around one to two weeks wages in the bank & view this as balance zero. This will help ease any worries of direct debits etc.
& like yourself, my work is scattered over a 40 mile radius, I ain't collecting!

Tony

Thanks macmac, thats exactly how mine is....& good advice , thanks  ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 10:15:45 pm »
Don't worry Gazza, the main thing is that they do come in. You need to try & build a "kitty",  keep around one to two weeks wages in the bank & view this as balance zero. This will help ease any worries of direct debits etc.

Tony

Have to agree with Macmac (that maybe a first) I am always owed money, it all comes in, the the ones that dont pay with our terms are charge for that priveledge, collecting is a waste of my time as it is unpaid!
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 10:19:58 pm »

Tony

Have to agree with Macmac (that maybe a first) I am always owed money, it all comes in, the the ones that dont pay with our terms are charge for that priveledge, collecting is a waste of my time as it is unpaid!
so is canvasing and leafleting but people do that   ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »

Tony

so is canvasing and leafleting but people do that   ;D ;D

No Stanley, that's "investment" of time. ;)

Tony