This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johns window kleen

Bad payers, sometimes more to it
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:27:32 pm »
I normally collect Thursday evenings, takes about 2-3 hours, to get round. Normally hit about 70% of weekly amount owed, but sometimes you get ones that never seem to be in, so I leave reminders, then SAE, then call weekends, etc,etc.
One particular customer owed me for cleans in November and December, so I stopped doing them as I will only go two cleans without payment. Never could catch the lady in know matter how many times I called.
Turns out, when collecting last night and I was speaking to the lady that recommended me to this customer, that she had committed suicide some months back.
This really shook me up a bit, as she seemed a really friendly and happy lady in her early forties. Thank god I never left any stroppy notes or letters re payment.

Moral is if you cant catch em in ever there might be a bit more to it. So have patience you never know.

martinsadie

Re: Bad payers, sometimes more to it
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:38:39 pm »
very true,i had one old lady who threw herself into a lake because of depression

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »
all my works local and every week i read the deaths page in the local rag,over the years its saved me cleaning a lot of empty houses

johns window kleen

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 09:34:58 pm »
Stan, I've lost quite a few in the last year or so as a result of deaths. Mainly the very elderly.

When you've got to know them over the years its a bit sad, but I still think pound for pound the pensioners are actually the best customers to have.
There always in, they pay, and their normally happy to see you.

Get the odd Victor Mildrew types, but they just make me laugh.

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:24 pm »
cant beat old people for paying when cleaned and they pay for thier mates when they are out, had one old girl pay for 4 the other day,i seem to have a few female Victors  ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 10:22:40 pm »
its the coffee shop mafia you have to watch  ;)

as to the post it is sad when people die that you have spoken to for years, I find the kids normally pay up as that is what there mum/dad would have wanted.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

macmac

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:26:33 pm »
It's even sadder when they top themselves & forget to leave the money under the plant pot!

Tony

jodan63

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:30:16 pm »
I would feel depressed if stan laurel was cleaning my windows aswell ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:29 pm »
I would feel depressed if stan laurel was cleaning my windows aswell ;D
it would be a mirical as hes dead  ;D