Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

would you clean this wfp?
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:14:57 pm »

I'm hoping I've attached the picture. I've been asked to clean a property with windows like this. The lady who owns the house reckons the property is medieval, I think it's just evil!!!! The whole window looks to be made of stone with old leaded glass between the stone.
Cheers,

Re: would you clean this wfp?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 08:36:06 pm »
Possibly you could use wfp but for me it would have to be subject to testing one of them first. Mainly to see if it would would leak. Even if you picked one for testing that didn't leak that doesn't mean the others wouldn't.
Pressure needs to be REALLY low and literally tickling the glass as I would suspect the actual glass is very thin.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:38:57 pm »
I do places like this also,stay away from the sides with the brush because the material is like sand and when your brush brushes against the edges it dusts up and sticks to the wet glass if your not careful.

jr windows

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:43:58 pm »
I gave this window a clean today and asked the lady to call if she wasn't happy. The house has 8 windows like this and 25 wooden windows. I quoted £35 but more concerned that if one of the old windows got damaged it would cost a fortune to repair.
Cheers Jason

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:52:16 pm »
The house has 8 windows like this and 25 wooden windows. I quoted £35

Tell me you're joking?
With all that potential for trouble those windows alone should be £3 each at cheapest.

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:56:16 pm »
£35 sounds good to me but i would trad them  ;D ;D ;D

jr windows

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »
No I live in Anglesey North Wales, cleaners are charging .40p per window I'm pricing my work at £1.00 per window. I'm just trying to build my business and keep a good reputation.
Cheers jason ps I think it would be best to give this one a miss.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 09:24:03 pm »
I do a few just like this and WFP the lot and they come up very well indeed, you can do them with a very light touch with WFP, not a problem at all.
Quite right about the stone sides though, get them wet and it's sand all over the glass!
Some will leak, but I just tell the customers this and so far have never had a problem, it's only usually a few runs at best.
Real old leaded is hard to do trad, the cloth's/scrims catch on the lead and other bits all the time and I would think you will end out putting more pressure on the windows doing them trad than you will doing them WFP, well, providing you have a light pole and brush that is!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

jr windows

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »
Cheers Ian,
I have a Jeff B f16 carbon fishing pole with a bentley brush. And predator with standard vikan.
Cheers jason

martindrz400

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »
dont listen what other people say about quotes if your happy with 35 pound then thats okay

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:15:02 am »
dont listen what other people say about quotes if your happy with 35 pound then thats okay
Never a truer word said  ;) we all have different needs and goals
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 01:24:47 am »
They tend to leak more in winter than summer and right about sides and don't go right to top either.