This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ps outthere

Re: Discovery and wfp
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 04:06:33 pm »
I use a Suzuki Vitata with the back seats removed, I also have a family car. It is economical round town and parking is not a problem as it isn't very long. It takes about an hour to remove the the tank and put the seats back in.
I have a 125litre tank in the back, fastened to the floor seat belt mountings. There is plenty of room for a box with pump and flow controller and hose reel which sits inside a tray (supposed to be for mixing concrete from Homebase). I also carry my trad gear.
I use the 4wheel drive to pull my caravan out of the field where it is stored, it's too steep for the car, front wheels just spin.

tompoole

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 04:23:56 pm »
Hi
 I use a landrover 110 csw its a bit cruder than a discovery but the discovery will rot very fast if you get the carpets wet inside
tom

dave.e

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »
Hi tom have you got pics off the land rover because i have just been on autotrader looking at the landy. dave

tompoole

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 04:36:42 pm »
give me a min i wil have a look

tompoole

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 04:56:06 pm »
can only find this pic at the moment, payload is 1 ton , i have a 300 litre tank in the back that doesnt take up too much room, i can still fit 2 people in the load space in addition to the 5 you can fit in the cab. I have removed all carpets and replaced with mats. It is used as my work and play truck.

they realy are superb trucks , but don't expect it to be luxury

tompoole

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 04:59:29 pm »
whats your budget.,? might be worth looking at the LRO web forum, or the LRE web forum
to see if there are any enthusiasts selling thier pride and joy

dave.e

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 05:00:17 pm »
that a nice landy tom i bet you have fun when it snows just had a look on autotrader and the lwb ones are pricey so will keep looking and thanks again for posting pics

tompoole

dave.e

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
ok thanks tom will do.

steve bell

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:36 pm »
Hi,  That's exactly how I started out. Disco and wfp on a trolley, six 25ltr drums and away I went. Did find that she drank the diesel quite badly though, plus humping gear in and out of the back was a pain. Did think about a tank in the back with the seats either down or removed but then though about all the hassel to revert back if I was going out at the weekend.
Bought a really cheap Combo van and mounted a 200ltr tank instead, also carry a few drums and the trolley system too, (just in case) and it handles the weight no problem. If I'd done that with the disco it would have been on it's knees and have a worse drinking habit than me. ;D

My only problem with the van is getting the water into the tank. Been out playing in garage tonight modifying the pipework.
See I have a stationary RO system which runs off an IBC which collects rain water or is topped off with hose if it isn't raining. The RO feeds into another IBC which is mounted on blocks so I can get my drums under the spout.
I've been running the pure into a drum with lid cut off and a submersible pump and inch and a half tube feeding the van tank. I know you'll say "why not just put the submersible in your pure IBC?" Well I would but the shed I've built around the IBC's makes it a bit tight to get in.

I really should take some pictures and see what you guys think. Heath Robinson maybe, but it all works and business is getting better. :)

I'd definately hold off on the Disco though, If only for the fuel and servicing costs (and I service my own)

Wanna buy a cheap "T" reg TD5 108000miles, with roofrack? ;)
Steve Bell,
SB Cleaning.

(also; HIP & EPC provider but with this climate.....)

dave.e

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 10:00:30 pm »
Hi steve thanks for the info about disco i to have a combo  mite think about t5 myself as most off the guys on here rave about them.dave

steve bell

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »
Well if you want mine I reckon it would probably go for about £3000. depends what you want. See I also have a business doing the HIP packs and Energy performance certificates, that's what I started when I first left the Navy. Kind takes the p turning up to do an energy effienciency survey in a gas guzzeling disco though. Shame the housing market has crashed and I am only doing a couple of jobs a week. or was going to get a little Smart car. Diesel best as tax exempt.
This window cleaning thing is something I did years ago and has really stopped me from going back in the navy. Things have moved on with the WFP. was only just being rolled out years ago when I was doing this before.
As for the disco thing. I find it really easy to get the carpets wet in the back if you don't have a load liner. and how many load liners cover the area with the seats down??? (none I've ever found) Hence why I only carried six drums and a trolley.
Combo is the best thing I ever did (even if it has got 187000 miles and is a bit asthamtic.) ;D
Steve Bell,
SB Cleaning.

(also; HIP & EPC provider but with this climate.....)

Klean07

kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dave.e

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 03:45:41 pm »
http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/4x4discoverycommercial_used/used4x4discoverycommercialsVK06ZRY.htm

Nice motor klean but over the top price range £13,995+vat =16,094 to much for wfp i will keep dreaming my be one day.

tompoole

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 04:11:46 pm »
have to say neneoverland are prob the most expensive in the country, but do have a good reputation, Buy privately and go for a base model no gagets these are the things that tend to go wrong in landrovers. if you go for a disco the manual is far more economical and i mean a lot more. and don't get one that has too many miles on it , if it has make sure the injectors have been replaced or reconditioned, the td5 injectors aren't mechanical and will set you back a fair chunk of dosh. apart from that they are good reliable trucks.