Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Brushes That Dont Scratch. Alex gardiner .
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:47 pm »
What do you mean different, there's gas or diesel, what are you thinking about wood burning?

I'm quite interested in product development and i hope that at some point you set down the development of the slx. I notice quite a few of the big boy's are starting to copy.

When it first came out it was more or less proclaimed the best pole out there before it had even been launched. The combination of short closed length, lightness, and useabilty seemed so obvious.Since then you've given it a longer reach and new clamps. I understand the clamps if they are better, but why the longer lenght?
Was this a design decision, or a decision that this is where the market was? For a using all day pole I would favour the shorter one so that's why this puzzles me.

Compact size of the pole is the most important thing for me the fact that it`s now 30ft reach dosen`t really do it for me it`s the closed length.Anything over 25ft i use the modular as it`s so light,there is hardly any need for 30ft on domestics to be honest,i would much prefer 25ft but the same closed length as a 17ft Xtel only really light.

Sorry Ian, I would have replied by email, but slumpbuster hasn't got one on his profile. The new pole is actually 2" shorter than the old one when closed, so is actually more usable. What it means is that you have the choice to leave all sections on and reach 35ft (which is what I wanted for some jobs I do) or take some off if you do not need to - 2 poles for the price of one!

Alex,

Out of the duel trim brushes you sell, which is best... the hard one or the fluffy one.... ;D ;D

Cheers.

As the mono-fil may possibly be like a bentley, and i dont think they have as much scrubbing power,

what do you think alex.?

They are both good for different jobs/styles.

Simply put the flocked version works the glass slightly faster and more easily and is great for regular cleans where rinsing on is not so important.

The mono-filament brush needs slightly more working over the glass, but will scrub harder when needed and is perfect for rinsing on the glass.

In my opinion the Vikan sill brush is far too heavy at over half a kilo for serious use (I await the protests  :)) and I already know of several people who used them regularly for several years and have had to stop due to RSI type ailments.
we still use these as there is nothing else that I know of on the market, do you have a sill brush yet Alex ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 10:20:06 pm »
Personally I'd sooner have the longer SLx as there are windows on domestic work I have that needs more than 24ft so I'm hoping to get one this year,

Interesting re the brush problems as mine all scratch the sills if I'm not careful enough, so looks like I'll be ordering those as well soon  ::)  
Sussex by the sea

R W C

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:10 pm »
i have just started using the vikan sill brush, and there is no chance of it scratching, as the bristles touch the glass and sill at the same time, and there is no rubber on them, great for domestic, and not as heavy as some claim,
Where you get that then jo  ;)

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 11:46:38 pm »
you get them from omni  thats all i can give you as no link can be given, but shop around, or google vikan sill brush, i got mine sec hand hardly use,

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 12:06:05 am »
You can get the sill brush from a lot of place's most window cleaning supplies sell them.

I got mine from gardiners as i like there jets.

windowswashed

Re: Brushes That Dont Scratch.
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:07 am »
bentley £144 asda its lite with hard plagy it dont srach 

That's one of the worst brushes going for scratching sills owing to it's sharp edges

ftp

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 07:36:54 am »
 The Vikan sill brush is a horrible brick of a brush. If you have any joint problems like tennis/golfers elbow, lower back problems, or biceps of less than twenty inches in diameter i would avoid at all costs. I thought alex was going to bring out a light weight version?
Try and stand back a few more feet when you scrub the sill or failing that drop the pole and alter the head angle (if you use an adjustable adapter).
If your using a Bentley brush then grind the edge off, same with the Vikan - grind it close to the bristles and put a rounded edge on it - simple.  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 08:44:24 am »
we still use these as there is nothing else that I know of on the market, do you have a sill brush yet Alex ?

It got to the stage of trying out prototypes but it wasn't good enough so back to the drawing board  :-\

jouk45

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 09:08:54 am »
if alex had a very light version of the sill brush then i would go for it, but sometimes lightness is not always the key to a better clean, i find you need a little weight on the glass for scrubbing, i must be strong for a 50 year old man, as this brush is light for me,  but as i said the vikan sill is great for domestic,

ftp

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:50 am »
Jo, have you tried one of Gardiners superlight brushes or even stick a Bentley brush on the end of your pole just to get the feel? Honestly you would never consider using a Vikan sill brush after that. I can hold my SLX horizontal at full extension and clean quite comfortably - i wouldn't even try a vikan sill brush on a fishing pole or an S2.
Do you clean above conservatory roofs? All i can say is you must be one hard man or just enjoy pain.  ;D

geefree

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:29 am »
I use the exell, and a 40 ft ionics fibre glass pole.... and a fishing pole.... and one small home made one for downstairs windows, that is the only one with a bentley brush... the rest are vikan brushes

when all is said and done... they are brush heads that weigh very little... ...

some  are lighter than other, but they are only little brush heads..

cleaning over a con roof with any brush and pole is easy... ;)

jouk45

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 11:38:18 am »
Jo, have you tried one of Gardiners superlight brushes or even stick a Bentley brush on the end of your pole just to get the feel? Honestly you would never consider using a Vikan sill brush after that. I can hold my SLX horizontal at full extension and clean quite comfortably - i wouldn't even try a vikan sill brush on a fishing pole or an S2.
Do you clean above conservatory roofs? All i can say is you must be one hard man or just enjoy pain.  ;D
no i have not tried the superlite  brush yet, i forgot to mention i use a fibrglass  xtel pole combined with the sill brush   ;D yes i clean cons to, its not the brush thats the  problem, the pole is to bendy cleaning cons and skylits, blimey its like a whale on the end of it  ;D i did try the bentley brush, but to be honest with you, i think the only folk you would benefit from these light brushes are those with the carbon poles,as  they would notice the weight between the superlites and vikans straight away, where as we xtel users would hardly notice much at all, becouse of the weight of the xte pole, they should bring back the extender pole with the xtel clamps these poles are half the weight,

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: Brushes That Dont Scratch.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 12:00:39 pm »
bentley £1.44p asda its lite with hard plagy it dont srach 

I agree, the  Asda Bently is the best value brush.......and I have NEVER had a complaint about scratching.
(Only the Mozzy bites on Holiday ;D ;D ;D)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »
no i have not tried the superlite  brush yet, i forgot to mention i use a fibrglass  xtel pole combined with the sill brush   ;D yes i clean cons to, its not the brush thats the  problem, the pole is to bendy cleaning cons and skylits, blimey its like a whale on the end of it  ;D i did try the bentley brush, but to be honest with you, i think the only folk you would benefit from these light brushes are those with the carbon poles,as  they would notice the weight between the superlites and vikans straight away, where as we xtel users would hardly notice much at all, becouse of the weight of the xte pole, they should bring back the extender pole with the xtel clamps these poles are half the weight,

It's actually those with bendier fibre glass poles that notice the benefit of a Super-Lite brush more as every gramme of extra rate at full extension makes the pole even whippier.  A decent carbon pole will actually shield you from the weight of a brush by not allowing it to bend as much.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:45 pm »
Alex,.. will there be new brushes to go with the new hot system? The Superlight brushes are brilliant, but I turned up the heat real high on a tough conservatory clean job last week and my DT brush now looks a bit deformed!!
I'd love a brush that cleans as well and feels as good, but that will withstand even the most severe of temps!

dd

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 10:33:39 am »
Alex, why not use Dupont nylon bristles like Tucker. These brushes IMO are the BEST.