Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Brushes That Dont Scratch. Alex gardiner .
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:41:34 pm »
Took the rubber off the vikan brush, as it was leaving red marks on frames and sills sometimes....

now just lost a customer as she pointed out that i was scrathing her sill with the edge of the brush, when i cleaned the bottom of her frame... she was right !!

Checked my own house and mine are scratched too...

a deep line in the same place.... thats with months of doing the same action,

I was going to order the superlite brush from gardners,

can anyone tell me if they are soft edges, rubber etc.

Cheers.

Gary.

tomy jackson

Re: Brushes That Dont Scratch.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:55:22 pm »
bentley £144 asda its lite with hard plagy it dont srach 

R W C

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:57:08 pm »
bentley £144 asda its lite with hard plagy it dont srach 

£144 theyve gone up youll get 3 Sl brushes for that  ;D

ftp

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:01:28 pm »
no way, that won't cover the postage.  ;D

geefree

Re: Brushes That Dont Scratch. Alex gardiner .
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »
Hi i use a bentley too, so im guessing the same problems will apply as its hard plastic.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:08:45 pm »
Hi Gazzasp8

They are not soft edged but because the bristles splay well and the stock is flat edged we have had no reported problems with them.  I have just checked the plastic window sills on my house as the window cleaner who cleans them for me uses a Super-Lite brush and as far as I can see there is no noticeable scratching.

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:44:21 pm »
sorry to hijack the thread. alex i know you are in process of making van systems to sell are you going to be making any hot systems.
 by the way your brushes havnt scratched any sills i have cleaned but they have managed to put a few minor dents in my wallet ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 07:45:16 pm »
We will be doing a hot system and I promise you it will be different.  Please don't ask when - you know me...............  :D

geefree

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 07:51:53 pm »
Alex,

Out of the duel trim brushes you sell, which is best... the hard one or the fluffy one.... ;D ;D

Cheers.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 08:11:43 pm »
As the mono-fil may possibly be like a bentley, and i dont think they have as much scrubbing power,

what do you think alex.?

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 08:17:15 pm »
What do you mean different, there's gas or diesel, what are you thinking about wood burning?

I'm quite interested in product development and i hope that at some point you set down the development of the slx. I notice quite a few of the big boy's are starting to copy.

When it first came out it was more or less proclaimed the best pole out there before it had even been launched. The combination of short closed length, lightness, and useabilty seemed so obvious.Since then you've given it a longer reach and new clamps. I understand the clamps if they are better, but why the longer lenght?
Was this a design decision, or a decision that this is where the market was? For a using all day pole I would favour the shorter one so that's why this puzzles me.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »
Compact size of the pole is the most important thing for me the fact that it`s now 30ft reach dosen`t really do it for me it`s the closed length.Anything over 25ft i use the modular as it`s so light,there is hardly any need for 30ft on domestics to be honest,i would much prefer 25ft but the same closed length as a 17ft Xtel only really light.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »
Stay on topic please guys or start a new thread of your own...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:01 pm »
I had a few complaints about sills getting scratched about 2 or 3 years ago so changed to a sill brush and no problems since.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:55 pm »
There`s a strange bloke just posted on here called Ian Giles lol. ;D ;D

geefree

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 08:57:34 pm »
I had a few complaints about sills getting scratched about 2 or 3 years ago so changed to a sill brush and no problems since.

thanks, good idea... its the bottom bit of frame near the sill... nearly impossible to clean at an up/down angle...so have to turn the brush vertical, hence the scratches...

but how does the sill brush alter that procedure?

Ian_Giles

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 09:15:33 pm »

I used to post on here a lot!
Got my mobile broadband now so the laptop is in use now (can't use the main one as the wife has that and I'm no longer there now)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:18:22 pm »
i have just started using the vikan sill brush, and there is no chance of it scratching, as the bristles touch the glass and sill at the same time, and there is no rubber on them, great for domestic, and not as heavy as some claim,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:38 pm »
What do you mean different, there's gas or diesel, what are you thinking about wood burning?

I'm quite interested in product development and i hope that at some point you set down the development of the slx. I notice quite a few of the big boy's are starting to copy.

When it first came out it was more or less proclaimed the best pole out there before it had even been launched. The combination of short closed length, lightness, and useabilty seemed so obvious.Since then you've given it a longer reach and new clamps. I understand the clamps if they are better, but why the longer lenght?
Was this a design decision, or a decision that this is where the market was? For a using all day pole I would favour the shorter one so that's why this puzzles me.

Compact size of the pole is the most important thing for me the fact that it`s now 30ft reach dosen`t really do it for me it`s the closed length.Anything over 25ft i use the modular as it`s so light,there is hardly any need for 30ft on domestics to be honest,i would much prefer 25ft but the same closed length as a 17ft Xtel only really light.

Sorry Ian, I would have replied by email, but slumpbuster hasn't got one on his profile. The new pole is actually 2" shorter than the old one when closed, so is actually more usable. What it means is that you have the choice to leave all sections on and reach 35ft (which is what I wanted for some jobs I do) or take some off if you do not need to - 2 poles for the price of one!

Alex,

Out of the duel trim brushes you sell, which is best... the hard one or the fluffy one.... ;D ;D

Cheers.

As the mono-fil may possibly be like a bentley, and i dont think they have as much scrubbing power,

what do you think alex.?

They are both good for different jobs/styles.

Simply put the flocked version works the glass slightly faster and more easily and is great for regular cleans where rinsing on is not so important.

The mono-filament brush needs slightly more working over the glass, but will scrub harder when needed and is perfect for rinsing on the glass.

In my opinion the Vikan sill brush is far too heavy at over half a kilo for serious use (I await the protests  :)) and I already know of several people who used them regularly for several years and have had to stop due to RSI type ailments.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 10:12:31 pm »

I used to post on here a lot!
Got my mobile broadband now so the laptop is in use now (can't use the main one as the wife has that and I'm no longer there now)

Ian
Yep I remember that, used to get up switch the pc on and finish a pint of tea before I'd finished reading your early morning posts, I have to have a paper delivered now. ;) 
Sussex by the sea