This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Sparkle

How long to build a full round?
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:31 pm »
Hi guys i've been going since the start of the year.
I've got around 60 customers on 4 weekly cleans.
I'm hoping to get around 200 customers but finding it hard recently to pick up extras.
I try and put out a thousand leaflets a week as i just can't do door knocking.
Is 200 customers achievable just on leaflets alone?
Really want to make this work as i really enjoy cleaning the windows.
Quit a decent job to do this so need to make it work really.

By the way this forum is great and you guys are a credit to the proffesion ;)

LSB

Re: How long to build a full round?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:29:24 pm »
i dont like door knocking either ! , but that is the quickest ( best ? ) way to build your round up !

maybe get someone to knock for you ?

Jimmy1

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:42 pm »
If youve only been going since the start of the year - well done - 60 customers is good, after all its only 2 months and a bit! Its just a numbers game, but door knocking will fetch you in more customers. I'm still building and havent done any door knocking since last November, but am about to start again, I think you will find with the better weather coming things will pick up. dont give up - just remember if you carry on like you have been you'll soon reach your target. Good luck.

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:06:27 pm »
Just got back from door knocking with the mrs, i hate it big time, id say at least 90% are out, so its back on a evening for a bit, mind you i dont knock in the dark, so only a hour or so of light. Im finding picking up work harder now than when i first done w/c in 1985, think back then it took me all of 6 months to build a compact round, but even if ya only pick up a tenner a day thats £50 a week £500 in ten weeks so a full round even now should only take less than a year
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

chuggers

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:08:46 pm »
its taken me less than a year to build up a full round. i didnt do all the canvassing myself though, got some helpful nephews to do it for me ;D
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

tonylee

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:29:03 pm »
Good thread Jason,

It shows how difficult it can be to start from scratch, but 60 in two months is great going. Over the next 6 months you should get to your 200 with ease, good ones at that. Truth is I never stop building as ther is a percentage of crap that we carry, bad/late payers, access problem ect.
So when you get to your 200 start refineing, good luck
Tony

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 02:42:55 pm »
Definitely, if you are doing to 1000 flyers a week that’s some going, and agree you are doing great my friend just keep hacking away at it. I could still do more now, I guess a full round can mean different things to different people, depends how many days you want to work, time you want to finish etc.

I work six days 8 - 6 and take Sunday off, even then I have one or two I do an odd Sunday. If I have a bad day, snowed in etc and try and catch up on Sundays but that’s a last resort.

You know I guess the good definition of a full round.... is when you have to take on extra help you do it, not want to for the free time but need to. So for that, and to finally answer your thread, I think a year maybe two depending on your situation and commitments.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 02:48:22 pm »
on the topic of canvassing, how do you go about it?
Do you just knock the door say hi im a window cleaner, do you want them cleaned...blah blah blah and hand them a flyer?

im just interested as im about to heavy into the canvassing again and want to maximise my return by looking professional

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 02:55:53 pm »
if you really want to, I dont. Everything counts, shaven, clean cut, how your dressed, are you smilling etc. But try to keep what you say stupid simple and get to the point quick,

Hi I am working in this area, I do some your nieghbours and would like to give you a free qoute, do you mind me having a look around.

you will get a good amount of sure go ahead, but the majority will tell your they are not interested. Then if your price is right you got a customer.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »
thanks for the advice!

I was thinking of going with "im expanding my round in this area" so you sound more experienced and established, which i am so im not lieing!

all the help on this forum is great!!

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 03:33:18 pm »
I havent done it for years but I would leaflet an area I liked and then I would go back in the evening a couple of days later. That worked for me and you would always pick up as you go along. You would be suprised at how long people keep flyers for.

bad trippy

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 03:39:58 pm »
thanks for the advice!

I was thinking of going with "im expanding my round in this area" so you sound more experienced and established, which i am so im not lieing!

all the help on this forum is great!!
Thats exactly what i say, expanding implies your experianced
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Jimmy1

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 06:00:07 pm »
This post spured me on to start again, did 2 hrs today only about 40 houses, half wern't in, but still picked up 7 new customers 6 weekly and 1 one off clean. I'm going to aim for 5 -10 a week now if posssible.

geefree

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:47 pm »
2 months = 60

4 months = 120

6 months = 180

At the rate you are going you should be there by the end of july.

Well done. ;)

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 06:52:05 pm »
To build a round can be done quickly to build a good 1 will take years and i mean years.

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 07:14:04 pm »
To build a round can be done quickly to build a good 1 will take years and i mean years.
Very true
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »
a good round will take forever or should that be a perfect round 8)we are talking
£1500 a week here ;)

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 07:29:48 pm »
This can't be true because you have to biuld a new one every time you buy a van ww. And look at an even more extreme example Ian ferguson, he has to set them up from scratch to earn from day one.

When you say good round do you mean people smile and make tea and pay promptly- well i admitt i am still working on that, but as a biz making money it needn't take years.

If you lost the lot and started with nothing you could do it in 6mths ww, and so too could NWH. One bit of advice for next time around though- join the guild ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »
This can't be true because you have to biuld a new one every time you buy a van ww. And look at an even more extreme example Ian ferguson, he has to set them up from scratch to earn from day one.

When you say good round do you mean people smile and make tea and pay promptly- well i admitt i am still working on that, but as a biz making money it needn't take years.

If you lost the lot and started with nothing you could do it in 6mths ww, and so too could NWH. One bit of advice for next time around though- join the guild ;)
I was talking about a good round, you are right in saying getting new van and getting work, but that comes with its own problems, people messing you about ect, this is what I guess NWH was talking about, I find this happens less now as all new customers are now under contract for a certain period, if they dont sign it they do not get our services. Cut the messers down and affected sign up a little but marginal
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 07:50:20 pm »
Lots of WC`s out there with so called massive rounds,lots of busy fools aswell.