Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Fair is fair
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:30:14 pm »
Had an email off a customer yesterday saying "you forgot to do my lounge window, what do you want me to do?"Now this guy pays direct into my account, and I wrote saying I was sorry, and not to bother paying, he wrote back saying "Ok thanks"

This has been on my mind all day today, the selfish twit, he thought that as I had missed a window, he was justified in not paying anything, the fact that I had gone 2 miles out of my way to do his windows, and had cleaned 10 of his 11 windows meant nothing, no thought that it might not be fair to me.
It's become apparent over the years, that really selfish people have no concept of their own selfishness.
There is an old Chinese proverb that goes like this.

" Whatever we do together should be for our mutual benefit. If you take advantage of me, I will withdraw from you".
I withdraw herewith, dumped.
Rant over.

LWC

Re: Fair is fair
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:42:40 pm »
Without coming across the wrong way, why did you miss the window out? Especially a lounge one??

rob(w)

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:43:05 pm »
Unbelievable how selfish some people are.  ???

mci services

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:42 pm »
i have unintentially missed a window normally because the phones went and ive been distracted, the last time it happened i went back and did that one window and apoligised, and took the full amount, if i thought it would be to much hassel to go back i would deduct a bit off the bill still apoligising and kicking myself about why i had done it in the first place

ronnie paton

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:21 pm »
is it just me but i asked for is windows cleaned not them all bar one, you have made a mistake and a free clean is the only answer.

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:51:28 pm »
What did you expect him to say if you offered him a free clean  ???

mci services

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:52:59 pm »
thinking about it lads your right its either free or as i said go back and clean the said window

Helen

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 10:54:39 pm »
Had an email off a customer yesterday saying "you forgot to do my lounge window, what do you want me to do?"Now this guy pays direct into my account, and I wrote saying I was sorry, and not to bother paying, he wrote back saying "Ok thanks"
we all make mistakes amd most people understand that. he was asking what you wanted him to do, maybe the answer was an apology and kncok a quid off and next time if you are in i'll do the inside of the kitchen window. Maybe he wasn't after a free clean :)

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:10 pm »
you didn't do the job right, what's your problem.
as for your proverb, it's nothing to do with mutual benifit. you're paid to do a job, your not doing him any favour.
seems to me the guy was giving you a chance to sort it out which shows him as the good guy.
I'm sure most of us have forgotten a window at one time or another, but we don't try to shift the responsability to the cust.
 :o muppet

sageorgeta

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 06:35:46 am »
What's not fair about it....you were contracted (verbally) to do a proper job.
You didn,t do it properly so either go back or lump it.
What's the point of posting about something you did wrong? ???

Mike 108

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 07:18:27 am »
Dai

I must say I’m a little surprised by your reaction.  Of course, nobody likes to be told they’ve made a mistake, or done a ‘bad’ job

When you’ve had more time to think about it, I think you will come to the conclusion that you made the wrong offer and you should carry on cleaning his windows and regain his confidence. Apparently, he is a good payer, as well.

Mike

ftp

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 07:27:55 am »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think you had two choices: either offered a reduction or driven over to complete the job.

Dave Turley

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 07:31:38 am »
I think i'd have just knocked a couple of quid off

LWC

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:22 am »
"Ive fixed your boiler love, but i havent connected the gas to it. Thats £x amount"

You should do a full job before you get paid, when i had my sign writting done they had run out of vinyl so there was a little bit left to do, they rang me and asked for payment i said "ill pay for it when its finished" which they replied "ok"

FAIR IS FAIR

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 07:49:58 am »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think you had two choices: either offered a reduction or driven over to complete the job.

thats pretty much what I say

karygate

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 08:00:35 am »
if a jobs not finished you do not get paid.you should go back and do the one window and collect the full amount of money . its too easy for someone to bad mouth you and get a bad reputation.
gary

Mr H

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 08:10:31 am »
What would YOU do Dai if you phoned up someone to say "you missed a bit" and they replied "Oooops.. sorry about that.... don't bother paying me for it as it was my error"........ ?
I'm sure YOU would think... Thank you very much.... and take them up on the offer.
The customer will probably think that you are a company to be trusted and think highly of you for it. So instead of thinking you have lost money on the clean think of it more as an investment in customer care.

Regards
Mr H

davids3511

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 08:17:20 am »
you didn't do the job right, what's your problem.
as for your proverb, it's nothing to do with mutual benifit. you're paid to do a job, your not doing him any favour.
seems to me the guy was giving you a chance to sort it out which shows him as the good guy.
I'm sure most of us have forgotten a window at one time or another, but we don't try to shift the responsability to the cust.
 :o muppet

Why call him a 'muppet'? The fact you cant put an argument accross without resorting to playground name calling suggests you just might be one yourself.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 08:27:16 am »
I had a call a few days ago my guy had forgotton to do a window on conservatory (the door), I said sorry to this guy and also said I would be back to fix it in the morning.

I didnt knock money off becuase of a mistake because i feel that shows you could be trying to pull a fast one by skipping windows, human error we cant always be perfect even though we try.

I offer to fix it becuase we will be paid for the full job, the guy said you dont need to come all the way over here for one window. I am driving there today just to clean the one window because im like that. Good customer relations and more than many other window cleaners would do, so I will turn this negative into a positive.

Why dump someone for your mistake?

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 08:27:52 am »
Id have gone back and done the window, whats 2 miles? I travel 35 mile round trip for some houses I do and theres guys on here who go a lot further than that.

Dai, its 2 miles, I bet if the guy was your neighbour you'd have just redone the window wouldnt you ??