This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary999

Re: emporium poles
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 10:37:34 am »
his pole is professionally finished with fixed top with screw end for all types of brushes and all types of goosenecks

not hanging together with gaffer tape.

who said anything about it hanging together with gaffer tape :D

my pole looks just as professional add some blue heatshrink and my
pole looks the same apart from having emporium all over it.

why would i pay an extra £10 plus postage for that ;D ::)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 10:40:12 am »
his pole is professionally finished with fixed top with screw end for all types of brushes and all types of goosenecks

Will it take an Unger adjustable elbow ?

R W C

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 10:48:19 am »
There is know way in a million years id by this item just through shear greed of them obviously reading on this and other forums and then getting a B&Q  pole and making it look like there own, if i did want a harris pole which i wouldnt after seeing one id rather go to B&Q and make my own like many others on this forum even if it cost me a little more.
Think emporium must be very desperate and finding ways of making money cheaply.

Chris

trevor perry

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 04:24:38 pm »
i have got to admit i wouldnt buy one but to me it does appear that most wfp equipment does have a huge mark up for instance i have just bought a new extendable A ladder it has about 20 aluminium rungs all cut and fitted into the wood styles with tie rods under each it has rubber feet and rubber block at top and the wood is treated it cost £210 including postage and obviously took a fair bit of time and expensive machinery to put together, if i was to also buy a xtel 24ft pole which has4 pieces of carbon fibre 3 cheap plastic clamps and a plastic goosneck  a brush, bit of plastic hose and a connector i dont know what the materials cost but looks very little compared to ladder and i reckon one person could knock one together with his own tools in half an hours time it would cost about £300 like i say i dont know what the actual costs are but when you look at what it actually consists of you cant help but wonder where the cost comes from.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

dd

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:07 pm »
There definitely seems to be a huge mark up on wfp brushes. For the priviledge of having them jetted and a Y piece of hose fitted the price goes up a few hundred percent.

Alex admits his sl brushes cost very little to manufacture but they sell around £30 plus VAT. (I think he posted 57p once, not sure if he was joking but probably not so far off)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
harris pole...15 quid from b&q......... angle adapter....3 quid from just about anywhere............10 metres tubing.....£ 2 quid........thats roughly 20 quid compared to the 30 quid or so you need to give alan for his.........but then you need to put it all together, drill some holes in the right places, and make it look as professional as the bulldog looks.....i reckon you will need to spend an hour or two doing that, my hourly rate is £20 minimum so the true cost shoots way up on that basis,but its up to you. ;)

darragh windows

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 05:19:22 pm »
There definitely seems to be a huge mark up on wfp brushes. For the priviledge of having them jetted and a Y piece of hose fitted the price goes up a few hundred percent.

Alex admits his sl brushes cost very little to manufacture but they sell around £30 plus VAT. (I think he posted 57p once, not sure if he was joking but probably not so far off)

i agree with you mate before water fed pole was invented you could buy and still can a sill brush on a small alluminum pole for ten quid from any car shop , now the brushes are used for cleaning glass they shoot up to £20 for the brush on its own ,but then its down to the mugs that buy them suppliers wont cut their prices if they keep selling.
jamie

darragh windows

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 05:25:56 pm »
the bulldog pole is actually slightly longer than the harris
jamie

ftp

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »
How much do you want for twenty minutes work? What i mean is Alex has to pay someone to drill and jet a brush and fit the y part. Someone also had to pay for the r&d to get the brush manufactured in the first place so it's unlikely to cost £1.50 like the Bentley brush from Asda. I think they are good value to be honest it's the postage that bugs me but thats probably out of Gardiners control as is the vat.
Try and find a Vikan sill brush from a car shop cheaper than the wfp suppliers.
To answer Trevors post: since when has carbon been cheap? Try to buy carbon anything and it costs a fortune - i had a carbon surf kayak £1500, a carbon racing bike £1800, carbon kayak paddles £200+

trevor perry

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 06:00:54 pm »
How much do you want for twenty minutes work? What i mean is Alex has to pay someone to drill and jet a brush and fit the y part. Someone also had to pay for the r&d to get the brush manufactured in the first place so it's unlikely to cost £1.50 like the Bentley brush from Asda. I think they are good value to be honest it's the postage that bugs me but thats probably out of Gardiners control as is the vat.
Try and find a Vikan sill brush from a car valeters cheaper than the wfp suppliers.
To answer Trevors post: since when has carbon been cheap? Try to buy carbon anything and it costs a fortune - i had a carbon surf kayak £1500, a carbon racing bike £1800, carbon kayak paddles £200+
point taken, like i say i have never looked into the costs of the materials so you are probably right if i wasnt so busy with my cleaning business then it is probably something i would look at and like you said there are overheads to be taken into consideration such as premises and staff etc.
  i already have premises with a large workshop i think if cleaning side of business did slow down it would be something that i would seriously look into though.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:36 pm »

What a load of rubbish  :D! The Super-Lite brush is one of the most expensive brushes to have manufactured and costs us a lot more than any of the Vikan brushes.  If I did post 57p as the cost, it will be with an extremely large tongue in cheek.

trevor perry

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:30 pm »

What a load of rubbish  :D! The Super-Lite brush is one of the most expensive brushes to have manufactured and costs us a lot more than any of the Vikan brushes.  If I did post 57p as the cost, it will be with an extremely large tongue in cheek.
thanks for clarifying that alex i nearly choked on my brew and called you some unsavoury names when 57p was posted ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:42 pm »

who said anything about it hanging together with gaffer tape :D

my pole looks just as professional add some blue heatshrink and my
pole looks the same apart from having emporium all over it.

why would i pay an extra £10 plus postage for that ;D ::)

That pole isn’t for professional use, unless maybe you are a decorator.  ::)

Why not try a cut down broomstick for the ground floors.   ;D

oh dear :-\ you do need help

andyatkinson

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:16 pm »
with the bulldog, does the tubing not go through the pole? does it just hang along side it?

ftp

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:17 pm »
Either.  :)

andyatkinson

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 08:45:38 pm »
thanks

gary999

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:11 pm »
You need to lighten up  :D

lighten up eh!!

maybe i could be as bright as you...say around 40watt ;D

NWH

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:58 pm »
The reason why there slow brining out products is because they havn`t had many to copy lately,the guy that owns the company has a good friend that comes on a lot of forums on a regular basis and gives him ideas and that`s a fact cos i`ve spoken to him.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:18 pm »
thats enough children its bed time, up early for school in the morning, now get upstairs now before i take my slipper to you ( i was just having a flashback there :'()

bertola

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:41 pm »
Have a 60ft bought a couple of weeks ago , just brilliant, he done mine in alternate  red and white markings for me as i had an nhs contract that required h&s rules