This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aquakadabra

emporium poles
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:46 am »
has anyone bought one of these poles and if so how good are they

Kev TWC

Re: emporium poles
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:54 am »
yes got 2  l.the lads say they are exelent,can work with the 60ft all day no problem
because of the weight,would recamend to everyone kev

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:23:42 pm »
I have a 45ft emp pole and working all day is easy, can't fault it ;D

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 05:22:37 pm »
The emp is the lightest pole in the world.Apparently not the strongest but strong enpough for the world curent record of 88ft.
ps its good for 100ft if you know how.  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:27:30 pm »
The emp is the lightest pole in the world.Apparently not the strongest but strong enpough for the world curent record of 88ft.
ps its good for 100ft if you know how.  ;)

Jeff - I thought you had some of your own (non-Emporium) sections in the 88ft pole or do I mis-remember your post?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 05:48:30 pm »
Your right I was holding the pole up above my chest -But  with one hand and decided to stick another section on to make it comfortable, so as I had run out of emp  sections I used an 'inferior' F16 section at the base.
But however it was done the emp was at 88ft height and has a design height and capability of 100ft and as you know is still the "lightest pole in the world"

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:58 pm »
The companys for sale.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 06:44:02 pm »
The companys for sale.
Yes I saw that on another post here, do you mean was or is for sale ?
ps. I reckon I could get an F16 or an sl2 to 100ft.

elite mike

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 06:49:33 pm »
The companys for sale.
Yes I saw that on another post here, do you mean was or is for sale ?
ps. I reckon I could get an F16 or an sl2 to 100ft.

hi jeff

got my rt muscle zone up to 40 ft yesterday ;D

with a few sections of my emporium and another pole

bit bendy but just workable :o

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »
I well getting and remeber working an Unger alu telepole at 44ft ish- never again with c/f  :D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 07:11:03 pm »
The companys for sale.

£15,000 gets you the goodwill, unfortunately not the exclusive rights to the pole as I know that the makers of the pole have offered it for sale to others who have enquired (not me!).

Jeff - I'm sure you could get an SL2 to 100ft but I don't think I'd want to!  :D

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »
Unless it was a wind free day.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 07:05:03 am »

Jeff - I'm sure you could get an SL2 to 100ft but I don't think I'd want to!  :D
Unless it was a wind free day.

You dont have enough information, you need to see the pole.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 08:45:51 pm »
Emporium poles now have their new 17ft pole on their website

thomasjames

Here you go:

ftp

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »
That doesn't half look like a Harris pole.  :-\

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 09:12:13 pm »
Lol my god there struggling arn`t they,and Jeff i know what i`m on about i`ve had 1 of there fishing rods and at the end of the day that`s what it is.That is a harris pole with the end adapted to take a standard angle adapter nothing more.

gary999

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:55 pm »
looks like a harris to me £14.99 in b&Q

gary999

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 10:58:13 pm »
you only need a plastic goose neck and a bit of tape no unger
adapters or anything else to adapt a harris so why pay £30 for one

Lee Pryor

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 11:28:13 pm »
well after reading this thread ive been on their web site a bought the bull dog pole then over to alex for the superlight flocked brush, so by mid week next week i will know if its any good, on face value it seems perfect for staff to use and that is very light. I will let you know what i think once ive had a go. I fits no good then its not alot down the drain is it.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 06:41:43 am »
Lol my god there struggling arn`t they,and Jeff i know what i`m on about i`ve had 1 of there fishing rods and at the end of the day that`s what it is.That is a harris pole with the end adapted to take a standard angle adapter nothing more.

a 17ft pole at £30 is that not what the industry is looking for,a pole that can be given out to staff who dont give a dam about your kit,I recon he will sell hundreds of these poles,guys will buy then even if it is just for backup to their present poles.new starts will buy them also as this is the cheapest pole out there at the moment.This maybe push other suppliers to reduce their prices

Even if they do sell a hundred of these a year, they do not really make financial sense for him to do so. In fact I reckon he will help lower the value of his business in doing so and tie-up resources in an almost profitless enterprise.

B&Q probably sell 10,000 Harris poles a year at a mark-up of about £8.00 this gives them profit of about £80,000. They do not have to individually wrap, label, and post them one at a time - their customers come in and pick one out of the stand and take it away.

If Emporium sell 100 a year at a mark-up of about £15 a piece then they will have made about £1500 in the year. However the cost of someone's time to individually send out to each customer, man the phones/website for each sale, etc, would cost a firm a lot more than this.

Selling decorators poles at a higher price than B&Q is not going to encourage any other WFP supplier to sell cheaper-type poles. What is the point, if people want low-tech cheap equipment they can go to B&Q and save even more money.

well after reading this thread ive been on their web site a bought the bull dog pole then over to alex for the superlight flocked brush, so by mid week next week i will know if its any good, on face value it seems perfect for staff to use and that is very light. I will let you know what i think once ive had a go. I fits no good then its not alot down the drain is it.

well thats it lee,staff dont give a sh&t about your gear,if only the rest of the equipment could come cheap enough as well

you used to be able to put a guy out with a bucket set of pockets sweegee tools etc and ladders,cost was really low
along with a cost efficient small van.

Now it is vivaro size with extra running cost,full water tank systems and constant running costs with poles, resin etc to do the same work you did before.Ok some time is saved and safety is an issue,this is why we do it

but the diy boys have brought wfp to a reasonable cost,I wonder how many guys would have hung back if they had to pay ionic prices.If a guy comes out with cheap poles then it can only be good for all.

I do agree that this type of equipment has its appeal (as the hundreds of Harris pole users will attest to), but as to progressing the job at all it has no appeal. I personally try and give any staff I employ the best equipment available to enable them to to do the best most efficient job for me - therefore earning me more money. Staff will soon pick up on the fact that you feel they are only worth a £30 tool investment and will give you a return on your investment equal to this.