Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve smith

Pump for IBC
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:22:00 pm »
What pump do you use to get the water out of the ibc and into the van, can`t seem to find one that fits throught the hole?

Thanks

Re: Pump for IBC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:34 pm »
No I had the same problem, I used a Hippo pump (had the same one for 6 years must be OK) and cut the neck of the tank to make it bigger then sealed it with silicone, ugly but ok

ftp

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:52:21 pm »
Lidls got one tomorrow if your quick.  ;)

trevor povey

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:17:48 pm »
What pump do you use to get the water out of the ibc and into the van, can`t seem to find one that fits throught the hole?

Thanks

i cut 4 number 10 inch slits into the top of the ibc,pulled back the slits and dropped the pump in.Then we pushed back down the slits till nearly flat and used some gaffa  tape over the slits...

another tip is to go down to a pet shop and buy a cheap net,put this over the end of yr nozzle when you are pumping the water into yr van this will collect the plastic bits that dropped into the static when making the slits.

ps its easier with yr mate helping you.

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:24:18 pm »
Buy yourself a 12.3" water tank lid
cut the old one out and replace it with one of these then your pump will fit no problemo.

www.water-tanks.net

only £12.99 PLUS VAT  ;D

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
O good find my van tank only has a small opening and have been looking for something like this for ages.   ;D

pingu

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:52:27 am »
Try looking out for bilge pumps (12v) Gardiners do sell them and they are not very wide....or try an external pump and use the outlet at the bottom of the IBC.

Cheers
Dave.