Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

LWC

Re: Brodex crash test!! (take that ionic)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:06:57 am »
Good apart from the shower  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:49 am »
Very impressive. Well done Brodex. My only concern is the flying tank lid which could easily decapitate someone.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:35 am »
have to say i am impressed with Brodex site, and that is a kick in ionics USP
now they need to launch their hot system
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Glyn H

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:53:38 am »
A skid mounted unit going in reverse at what appears to be about 3mph, then you see the tank lid flying off whilst the skid is still moving and hasnt hit anything -

are you seeing something different?

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:00:13 am »

A skid mounted unit going in reverse at what appears to be about 3mph, then the tank lid flying off. :-\

thats after hitting the stops going head on at unknown speed.
They do need a lot more info abot the crash test but for a start off vid it is closing ionics crash test usp they just need more details about it IMO

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Glyn H

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 10:06:42 am »
If it stoped because it crashed into something the front vehicle frame would have buckled which the video doesnt show at all.
Their are no marker stickers to show the distortion on impact and no footage of it hitting anything.

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 10:34:42 am »
poleman how is the gutter cleaning with your sl2 poles and eastern vac?  are they still going strong? any problems?  much gutter work on?  is domestic work easier than commercial in gutter cleaning?

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:34 am »
I can see a skid test and after hitting the barrier the water momentum is still moving forwards when the vehicle is bouncing backwards as it would.... As its a frame test there won't be any marker stickers on the vehicle because its on a frame, wasn't this a first test of many? Just like Ionics did?

So the test is correct in my eye's but what caught my eye was the lack of a visible frame, so it does look like a good system and test to me

Glyn H

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:11:51 pm »
wasn't this a first test of many? Just like Ionics did?
Cannot see them spending £20,000 + on a test

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 03:30:36 pm »
A skid mounted unit going in reverse at what appears to be about 3mph, then you see the tank lid flying off whilst the skid is still moving and hasnt hit anything -

are you seeing something different?

I think that it is going backwards because it has just hit the bump-stop and is on the rebound.

D B Services

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 03:46:40 pm »
I don't think it is a rebound.

I've looked closely and as it says on the annotations it is a reverse acceleration test.

One of my systems is a Brodex and I've never had any concerns about it's safety but what does concern me is that this is really just an advertising gimmick without quantifiable information such as speed on impact, load in tank. For all we know the test was carried out at 5 mph. I can see the point of the reverse acceleration test as it will simulate a rear end shunt but again no real info is supplied.

Dan

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 04:31:00 pm »
yes its lacking in sumert

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 04:33:11 pm »
I really have to say that was pathetic. Poor grammar and sentence structure, next to no information regarding the testing and to top it off a very very bad video that doesn't seem to instill any trust within me what so ever!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

matt

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 04:36:40 pm »
oh deary me

we have been here before havent we

your crash test it better than mine, yours was fixed

brodex are dammed if they dont crach test, they run a series of crash test and they are still dammed

just have to hope that your not going about 30 mph eh  ::) ::) ::)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 04:47:21 pm »
Well if they were going to do it then they should have done it properly, or not at all.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 05:21:15 pm »
Having re-read the text next to the video (which is hard to do because you want to watch the video), there are several different tests in this composite video and the text tells you which clip you are watching.

I think that this is a perfectly legitimate test, it would just be nice to have some speed information to see how the great B v I fight will work out.  :)

Glyn H

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 06:06:56 pm »
Preliminary crash tests are usually caried out at 12MPH

twt

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 06:24:39 pm »
Are your systems crash tested glyn?

Glyn H

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:28:34 pm »
In the real World
YES head on at 50mph
want to see the photographs?