Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

I need your help about phone divert codes
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »
I'm changing phone providers-long story, don't ask.

My new provider is supposed to include the divert function so that calls to my landlines are diverted to my mobile.

They have forgotten to do this.

But I know some of you guys punch a code into your landline phone to achieve this aim.

Whilst the code may be different for different phone companies to BT I was wondering what the code is so I can try it out.

Could you let me know what the code is to set the divert function? (And in case it goes pear-shaped, what the code is to un-set the divert function?)

BTW I could do with a pretty prompt reply so I can (hopefully) have it set up before I leave for work in the morning.

Many thanks in advance.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: I need your help about phone divert codes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:42:23 pm »
my BT one is

*21*your number#

then ring it just to see if I'm right ;D

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:46:34 pm »
Roger

Its not always good going for a new service and dont mind bt as they seem to be the best in the long run ???

Shaun is right on the code :)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:56:58 pm »
Thanks Shaun

That's one of my numbers sorted out. I'll just have to pop over to where the other is located, plug in a phone and then we should be sorted.

Clinton

If all goes according to plan I will be saving over 40% off my phone bills. Apart from this most obvious of blips I have great confidence in this company and would be happy to recommend once I've got a couple of months useage under my belt.

P.S.

Do you know what the code is for cancelling it?

I also believe you can key an extra code in to block things like faxes which people may try to send to your normal phone.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »
#21#

Shaun

Gerry Styles

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 12:41:20 am »
I'm changing phone providers-long story, don't ask.

My new provider is supposed to include the divert function so that calls to my landlines are diverted to my mobile.

They have forgotten to do this.

But I know some of you guys punch a code into your landline phone to achieve this aim.

Whilst the code may be different for different phone companies to BT I was wondering what the code is so I can try it out.

Could you let me know what the code is to set the divert function? (And in case it goes pear-shaped, what the code is to un-set the divert function?)

BTW I could do with a pretty prompt reply so I can (hopefully) have it set up before I leave for work in the morning.

Many thanks in advance.

Roger

Roger

Have you called your provider?. You do not say who they are.  I know mine starts with*070
Premier Klean Limited

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 10:41:42 am »
Roger

Last year, I arranged to change to a total Orange package as it appeared to be  better value. I asked the sales person about call divert and he said yes I could have it as they offered all the same services as BT. So I ordered.

Being an unbelieving soul, I checked up all the T&C etc.  on Orange's website, and Call Divert wasn't mentioned anywhere. I called the sales centre and, after much research time, they came back and said the service wasn't available on Orange :'(  I cancelled my order.  As a goodwill gesture, they reduced my broadband fee to £9.99 :)

It would be wise to double check your new service provider.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

derek west

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:30 pm »
ken
my orange broadband is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D
well ok, its £4.99 but only cos i wanted a fancy router.
so its not free,
so i'm lying.
but it could of been free.
but its not.
derek

clinton

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »
Derek

;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 11:23:33 am »
Thanks for all your prompt responses.

My phone company hadn't made a mess of things. They did transfer things over as agreed on a "like-for-like" basis. However what we didn't know was that because I had set the transfer manually I had to re-set it when I went to a new provider.

So I got my Stockport number done when you kindly gave me the prompt reply I asked for. The next day I went over to my remote office in Altrincham to re-set the divert there.

Plugged my phone into the tap box and there was no dialling tone. This really confused me. I certainly wasn't a happy bunny thinking the phone company had messed up in the transfer.

As it turned out, by sheer coincidence at the time the line was being transferred a fault had developed in the exchange box. This has now been repaired, the divert put on and normal service has now resumed.

All I need now is for customers to ring me. ;)

I'm really pleased with this company (so far). Beforehand I was paying for my phones to a company which was considerably cheaper than BT, but was still paying a line rental to BT. Now line rental and even cheaper call costs are all included in the one bill. I particularly like that, as most of us transfer land-line calls out to our mobiles, whilst the cost of the diverted call is even cheaper than before, the cost of the diverted call is capped once the call is longer than 3 minutes. So if you are having to explain something in detail to a customer I now know with certainty the overall cost of my bill.

Overall therefore the cost of having two landlines will fall over the course of a year from about £1100 to about £650. Definitely not a saving to be sneezed at.

Thanks again guys for all your support.

Roger

derek west

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:52:36 am »
slightly off topic but seeing as its your thread roger, i'd like to say cheers for cleaning the rug for me, took it back yesterday and they were over the moon with it, also got the living room to do now, (me not you ;D)
cheers rodger, top man.
derek