Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Customers asks. how will you clean my carpets?
« on: February 16, 2009, 08:38:08 pm »
 here's your answer!!  ( I have cut & pasted this from ICS website)

we will use a 10 step process

1) After a thorough pre-inspection we begin the cleaning process with pre-agitation of the carpet with a carpet groomer. This important step lifts fibers into an upright position, allowing vacuuming to be more effective by removing more dry soil, which can damage and deplete the life of your carpet.

2) The carpet was vacuumed with a HEPA filtration vacuum to remove dry soil. Our HEPA vacuum system not only adds life to your carpet by removing damaging dry soil, but small micron particles that may go airborne with vacuums without micro filtration are trapped by HEPA technology, giving our clients a cleaner and healthier indoor environment.

3) A pre-treatment was applied to the carpet fibers in an attempt to remove and dislodge any stain that has not already damaged the dye sites of the carpet. Our Company only uses environmentally friendly cleaning solutions, assuring your family clean and healthy carpet.

4) The pre-treatment was agitated into the fibers with a carpet groomer. This step helps to dislodge ground in dirt and remove as many stains as scientifically possible. The pre-treatment is part of an overall professional cleaning system that strives for optimum results.

5) Extraction process. Our Company takes pride in cleaning to IICRC S100 industry standards. After the pre-treatment emulsifies and dislodges soils from the fiber. Our Company uses specialized rinsing agents to remove detergent residues and leave carpet with a soft hand with no sticky residues to contribute to resoiling of carpet. Simply stated we do not cut corners and take pride in delivering clients the latest in healthy clean technologies.

6) In order to bring back the stain-resistant quality your carpet that it once had, Our Company applies the highest-quality carpet protector. Protector is not permanent and will wear off through foot traffic and abrasion. Carpet manufacturers of stain-resistant carpet require frequent cleaning to certain standards to maintain their warranty. When stain-resistant properties wear off, the carpet will be easily stained by acid dyes and oil based substances resulting in permanent damage to the carpet.

7) Plastic tabs or blocks are placed under all furniture to protect the carpet from varnish stains in addition to protecting furniture legs from any exposure to moisture. Do not remove the plastic tabs or blocks for at least 24 hours.

8)Industry standards state after the carpet cleaning process, carpet should be dry as quick as possible. Our Company goes the extra mile by using air movers to provide mechanical ventilation which dry carpets much faster then leaving drying to atmospheric conditions. Our Company takes pride in delivering clean, dry, healthy carpet cleaning.

9)All cleaning is provided by Certified Master Textile Cleaning Technician (insert your name here) according to IICRC S100 guidelines for on-location cleaning of residential textiles.

10) Our 10-day re-clean guarantee exhibits pride and integrity Our Company is well known for. Find anything you are not happy with up to ten days after the cleaning and at no charge Our Company will return to clean the areas in question.
Always remember to give your clients after-care instructions that discuss drying and safety procedures.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim_77

Re: Customers asks. how will you clean my carpets?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:59 pm »
Hey presto, one sleeping customer ::)

Reading this, I have to say that if you can even get to step 3 without them interrupting you and trying to move the conversation onwards, you'll be doing well.

Because that's what a quotation visit is - a conversation.  This is a sermon.  Yawn!!

This sort of massively in-depth description is meant to be read, not spoken.  It would be in its place on a website or in a brochure, certainly.  The customer is in their own comfort zone whilst they're reading your marketing material at their own leisure and you're not sat in their front room.

I don't really think it's necessary to tell customers how I'm going to clean the carpets because they really don't give a monkey's.  All they need to know is what is in it for them, what is the benefit?

If I'm ever asked, I very quickly describe the HWE system in one or two sentences!

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:07:14 pm »
I was going to write. You don't think anyone would actually recite that monologue, then it ocurred to me .................some probably would, because they " read it somewhere !

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:08:16 pm »
Jim I agree. but from what I read this is'nt a conversation its part of the quotation form, so they read it afterwards.

perhaps it would have been clearer if I had Cut & pasted the full article.

here it is.

http://www.icsmag.com/Articles/Column/BNP_GUID_9-5-2006_A_10000000000000222898
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:17:38 pm »
Ahhh well that makes a bit more sense :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 09:57:35 pm »
Ive seen some tele sales scriopts for timeshare as long as that.

However I think it isa usful piece of information to have as a handout

I recentley sent Craig Partridge a 14 page docuement explaining how a carpet is cleaned.

It is not for General Release.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:45 pm »
Bet he keeps that by his bedside for those dull moments!

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37:31 pm »
Good to see you back Jim :)

Ryan

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:38:45 pm »
I haven't been away really, only a few days at the end of Jan, just been a bit too busy to come on here and bore people! ;)