This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kai

poles
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:56:52 pm »
I have read that either Zensorflex or Harris poles are woth buying for the price. I have found Zensorflex 5mtr pole for sale on ebay but it says it is for fishing. A 5mtr Harris pole is sold by B&Q, but it says for decorating.

My questions are:

Are these the correct poles?
Will they both accept the hose lead through the bottom of the pole?
Does a Vikan or similar head fit on the end?
I can see they are cheap and could deal with most 1st floor windows, but how easy are they to extend?

kai

Re: poles
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:53 pm »
Hi guys, just sending my message back to top of page thanks. Any replies appreciated

wizclean

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:54:00 pm »
you can buy cheap glass fibre poles and dont have to mess around sorting it.
 i personally cant be bothered to make my own poles any more. i used to and they work fine but i think its the thing the custys usually see and if it looks cheap and to diy ish then i dont believe this is a good impression. also there is a good variety to choose from these days aswell

kai

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »
Thanks mate. Could you suggest a cheap fibreglass pole. I use Extel 24ft at the moment, but they are £160 and I could do with something with similar capabilities but less expensive

wizclean

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:27:18 pm »
brodex were doing a half price offer on there glass fibre poles about eighty odd quid when i got some last year. good for residential work and robust, unger's arent to bad either but a bit more money. dont know if brodex are still doing the offer but check out the website.
im trying out some universal carbon poles from ionics at the mo were quite expensive but when you work with something everyday all day i want a good pole. the pole thats lasted me the longest so far is tuckers ally pole that is pricey but at the same time i think its better the more rigid it is . the jets werent very good either but they do an insert. only trouble with them is the ally gets on your hands as it wears so you need toi wear gloves. most of my glass fibres last about 6 months tops before they become annoying but tuckers still doesnt spin around and brush is brilliant.
i bought 4 brodex poles because they were so cheap 1 i still have not used it s a 24 ft i think i dont know what the carriage would be but if you want to make us an offer

WCE

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:39:38 pm »
Thanks mate. Could you suggest a cheap fibreglass pole. I use Extel 24ft at the moment, but they are £160 and I could do with something with similar capabilities but less expensive
Cheap skate!!! Being serious a second search Harris pole and Zensorf;ex and read what the score is......
.......And then buy a 17ft xtel ;D
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!