This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

YWCS

. New
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:28:54 pm »

Helen

Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:37 pm »
Can I phone a friend  ;D

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »
Ive been asked it a few times

i allways think its a easy way to get the " lad who does it all, the handyman type of job " to do the windows themselves

i allways say, oh its really complex with the purification and the setting up

if they are too lazy to research it online ( and they are, as they asked you for the info )

i would go with

B. Said "ooh, really expensive, honestly not worth it mate"

mikethechamois

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:10 pm »
its no dilemma ...........................stick up for fellow wcs

£40 for a big house in the country, bet its got a big conservatory too , take travelling time into account and your mans getting a good deal

how can it be cheaper for him to do it himself, whats he value his time at

no its the gardener/ handyman that will end up doing it

tell him 3k for the setup plus a days training and they only supply to the trade as its quite involved

chrisyg

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 04:35:59 pm »
Id have asked him.. "Are you actually going to do it yourself every month, 12 months of the year? winter/summer etc.. "

£40 is a good price, and window cleaners have to take into all sorts of overheads to be able to make a living.

It would have gone down the same road, as the usual story... wife said, "no thanks the husbands gonna do them from now on" - 4 months later he's only done it once, and they are stinking, and you are asked back, with a price increase to boot! ..lol

I would have pointed him towards a expensive system like ionics

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »
i show em the icons book fust the 6 k machen then the 2 k pole , he may be looking to get one of his worker to do wot youv just dun ???????????/ not just his house ??

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 04:55:31 pm »

He sounds like a cheapskate to me and if I were you I'd be worrying about how long I'm gonna be doing the commercial job for him if he's so hard up he wants to save a measly £360 a year ::)

mikethechamois

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 04:59:57 pm »
tommys right

he could well be thinking along those lines

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 05:26:17 pm »
I certainly wouldn't go for A or D, you'll end up having to give him backup support when his windows aren't perfectly clean or every time he runs out of resin.

Just tell him where to look online.  I'd be worried about the commercial job though.

Simon.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:35:50 pm »
I certainly wouldn't go for A or D, you'll end up having to give him backup support when his windows aren't perfectly clean or every time he runs out of resin.
Just tell him where to look online.  I'd be worried about the commercial job though.

Simon.

Maybe, but if you do get asked for the benefit of your expertise, the price will be £40/hour plus travelling ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »

Simon.

Maybe, but if you do get asked for the benefit of your expertise, the price will be £40/hour plus travelling ;D

With service intervals of every 6 weeks?

Mike_G

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:12 pm »
I would not mind betting he had the place you were doing in mind and not his house in the country.

weetot

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 06:44:33 pm »
Yeh right this guy wont be cleaning his own house, maybe his butler or gardener.....lol
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!