Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Gardiners SL Brush
« on: February 10, 2009, 07:47:44 pm »
Was thinking of getting one when I get a new pole but saw one today and was far from impressed. I was hoping it would be similar to a tucker, but the bristles IMO are nowhere near the same quality.

It was one from the first batch and it looked very worn. I have an Ionics multipole brush, 18 months old in far better condition (used very regularly). My tucker brush is 3 years old and though not used daily it is still as good as new.

The bristles to me seemed very soft (tucker is soft but bristles more rigid, hold shape better). I know a tucker is more expensive but possibly better value as IMO it will last maybe 3 times as long.

I know these brushes are light but unless working 4 storeys plus see that of limited benefit.

Apologies to Alex, to be fair I have never used the brush and point of post is for people to tell me my first impressions are wrong.

chrisyg

Re: Gardiners SL Brush
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:55:09 pm »
LOL, multipole ionic brushes are for combing your hair with.. not cleaning glass

super light is brilliant - and the mark 2;s are better than the mark 1's.

superlight is my number one and number 2 choice - flocked and then double trimmed.

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:56:07 pm »
 i know everyone has their own opinions when it comes to brushes but i have found the sl flocked version to be brilliant
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

dd

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:04:38 pm »
I don't think ionics brush is great but it works and has worn well. How is the sl better? Was hoping to get dt mono-filament version of sl.

paulscotney

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »
I have the original sldt mono  and I find it brilliant. I was one of the first to buy one and have been using it all the time since then. Never had a problem or complaint and always rinse on. Must be quite a few months since I bought it. At least 6 I would  think.

chrisyg

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »
Believe me when i tell you i`ve used all brushes available to buy and the new shorter bristled dual trim and the flocked SL brushes are by far the best,use them for a couple of days and see what you think i find i don`t use anything alse unless it`s for a con roof.

dd

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »
Thanks for prompt replies guys.

Interesting to note the newer version of the dt has shorter bristles, which would make them stiffer.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:32:35 pm »
www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=55438.0

old post of mine, how to convert a Tucker for use on standard poles . I use Tuckers, SL brushes, all sorts. The Tucker is the best.
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

dd

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=55438.0

old post of mine, how to convert a Tucker for use on standard poles . I use Tuckers, SL brushes, all sorts. The Tucker is the best.
Thanks  :)

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 10:00:25 pm »
I use hot wfp with brush on and find Tucker brushes are the best for scrubbing power (especially on new cleans) BUT they are more likely to leave runs on panes of glass from black seals that run on UPVC frames.

However gardiners new improved Mk 2 mono-filament dual trim brush does not have this problem BUT it does not scrub as good (especially removing bird pooh that has been baked on from the sun for weeks on end).

It's a very good brush for maintenance cleans on lightly soiled glass but needs more bristles, (the more the better).

I would like to see this brush sold (as an option if possible) with full rows and columns of bristles without any spaces for jets to be fitted so that people like myself who fit four, equally spaced pencil jets (between my swivel connection and 1inch from outside perimeter of brush) can maximise the full scrubbing power of this really good brush.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:36 pm »
Was thinking of getting one when I get a new pole but saw one today and was far from impressed. I was hoping it would be similar to a tucker, but the bristles IMO are nowhere near the same quality.

It was one from the first batch and it looked very worn. I have an Ionics multipole brush, 18 months old in far better condition (used very regularly). My tucker brush is 3 years old and though not used daily it is still as good as new.

The bristles to me seemed very soft (tucker is soft but bristles more rigid, hold shape better). I know a tucker is more expensive but possibly better value as IMO it will last maybe 3 times as long.

I know these brushes are light but unless working 4 storeys plus see that of limited benefit.

Apologies to Alex, to be fair I have never used the brush and point of post is for people to tell me my first impressions are wrong.

You cannot comment on a brush without trying it first in my opinion.

The multipole brush is utter rubbish compared to the SL. I've used one before I switched over.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:59 pm »
Ionics brush is more like a bass broom.

dd

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:12:58 pm »
I don't think the ionics brush is that good. Pleased to hear the sl is much better. But was hoping it would be similar to a tucker and from examining one I could tell the bristles were not of the same quality as the tucker.

Do you guys think the sl is much better than the vikan brushes (I know it is lighter)?

Tim, I haven't tried the brush yet which is why I am posting, wondering whether to buy one or convert a tucker or omnipole brush instead.

ftp

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 07:19:12 pm »
I have to admit the Gardiners brushes look awful regarding the bristles. There just doesn't seem to be enough of them with a massive gap for the jets. However, they work really well (particularly the dual trim), don't seem to wear particularly fast and of course are sooo much lighter than a vikan. When you've used one for a couple of months you'll never stick that Vikan brick back on the end!

R W C

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 07:23:31 pm »
I have got all 3 brushes,
Got the new  Super-Lite Brush Dual-Trim Flocked Bristles yesterday which i used today, very nice brush to use, felt like i was using more water as usual, cleaning bird mess was a breeze, just need to get another slx to put it on now as i used it on a xtel which compared to slx was very wippey, I got the The Super-Lite Brush Dual-Trim which I also like especially as i can rinse on the glass with it which makes things a lot easier and quicker. Thanks also Alex for the quick delivery I shall be ordering another one of each soon.

Chris

ftp

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 07:29:20 pm »
Reflections Windowcleaning by any chance?

R W C

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 07:31:19 pm »
Reflections Windowcleaning by any chance?
no thats jeff1

WCE

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 07:34:07 pm »
HI Chris!  ;D
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

ftp

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 07:34:47 pm »
Jakey isn't it?