This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Sick of phoning customers?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:27 pm »
You in the "service" industry - providing a "service". Phoning to arrange your "service" is all part of the service!
kev do you phone every job before you go ? I dont think for a second you do m8, service industry yes but many dont have inplace the canceled services etc they lose money calling. we are bottom of shoe to some people whoever much we hate the fact

Kevin R

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »
You in the "service" industry - providing a "service". Phoning to arrange your "service" is all part of the service!
kev do you phone every job before you go ? I dont thing for a second you do m8, service industry yes but many dont have inplace the canceled services etc they lose money calling. we are bottom of shoe to some people whoever much we hate the fact

One of our main selling points is a phone call. Ok we don't phone everyone as there is no need but a lot of our customers have locked gates or dogs or just want a call - I phoned 14 for tomorrow tonight. Most have answer machines if there not in. If you leave sae's and don't collect its the only point of contact with some of them. It also gives me a chance to get feeback on staff etc. I like phoning  ;)

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:56 pm »
kev do you phone every job before you go ? I dont thing for a second you do m8, service industry yes but many dont have inplace the canceled services etc they lose money calling. we are bottom of shoe to some people whoever much we hate the fact

One of our main selling points is a phone call. Ok we don't phone everyone as there is no need but a lot of our customers have locked gates or dogs or just want a call - I phoned 14 for tomorrow tonight. Most have answer machines if there not in. If you leave sae's and don't collect its the only point of contact with some of them. It also gives me a chance to get feeback on staff etc. I like phoning  ;)
I know what your saying, I personally am good on the phone, some are not, the text service is good for these people, my offers are done on paper, and a new thing that I added which is working well. I personally speak to every customer I have they know who i am and they can speak to me anytime problem or not.

williamx

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:02 pm »
I telephone or text every single customer.

Kevin R

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 10:45:00 pm »
I hate text its so impersonal

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 10:45:07 pm »
I telephone or text every single customer.
thats nice  ;D, rather you then me, i would be on the phone half the night

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 10:51:16 pm »
I got a text from specsavers for my wife today, saying about her appointment, did i think it was impersonal, not at all I thought it was good that they reminded me, customers know when we are coming, so my text is just a reminder, impersonal maybe, helpful yes, cuts down on time yes, Kev when you grow and have say 100 calls a day please think back on this, or pay a staff member to do it for you and cost you extra wages for little or no benefit, i used to call, most say yes fine, you can do your patter it makes very little odds, and please trust me I did it for  reason at the start as was another avenue for sales. I now use other ways impressional but in there face giving them benifits clear as day in there time not mine, it works for me, we all run business different and I am not saying my way is right, but your way for me is wrong as I have been there and was time consuming and a waste of my man hours

Kevin R

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:27 pm »
Kev when you grow

Its part of the service - were mainly commercial the residential only fills the gaps. If I want to do a quick job I call before people come home an leave a personal message on their machine.

Maybe its because I hate text messages.

Like you said horses for courses.

mikethechamois

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »
I got a text from specsavers for my wife today, saying about her appointment, did i think it was impersonal, not at all I thought it was good that they reminded me, customers know when we are coming, so my text is just a reminder, impersonal maybe, helpful yes, cuts down on time yes, Kev when you grow and have say 100 calls a day please think back on this, or pay a staff member to do it for you and cost you extra wages for little or no benefit, i used to call, most say yes fine, you can do your patter it makes very little odds, and please trust me I did it for  reason at the start as was another avenue for sales. I now use other ways impressional but in there face giving them benifits clear as day in there time not mine, it works for me, we all run business different and I am not saying my way is right, but your way for me is wrong as I have been there and was time consuming and a waste of my man hours

blimey............ioo calls a day how big are you

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 11:09:50 pm »

I do not text that many people. It was just an example, calling 30 people a day was a ballache 100 would be a nightmare i changed that one before it became worse

Kevin R

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 11:34:56 pm »

I do not text that many people. It was just an example, calling 30 people a day was a ballache 100 would be a nightmare i changed that one before it became worse

Get your staff to do it  ;)

Kevin R

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:55 pm »
100 customers in a day -  I would be delegating while playing golf LOL

Steve CM

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 11:47:00 pm »

thats only 2000 a month kev. but then didn't i hear quality over quantity somewhere ;)

Kevin R

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:38 pm »

thats only 2000 a month kev. but then didn't i hear quality over quantity somewhere ;)

at a min charge of £10 a house it would be a nice little income for the part time owner  :)

Kevin R

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 11:54:46 pm »
your damn right it would be! but then 1300 at say an aver of 16 would be better!! ;)

Now me mouths watering - what's wrong with me LOL  ;D ;D

Kevin R

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 11:57:30 pm »
its called hunger. i get that quite a lot in buisness ;)

Me too, sitting here to all hours plotting my take over of Exeter !!!!!  8)

Kevin R

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 12:03:09 am »
just remember there are no friends in business. if you can take it then do it! 8)

(shot me down in flames) :D

You should see my new flyer campaign I talks about "switching" from your current cleaner in a very distinct way - something not really done in the UK - bring on the flack  ;)

Kevin R

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 12:09:26 am »
brace yourself! ;D

if you get flack take it as a compliment. i have done in the past ;)

I do - and its funny. I have chucked me toys out the pram a couple of times but now I ignore the fools. Forum maturity  ;)

Well Steve nice talking to you - time for me pit  ;D

Kevin R

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 12:12:49 am »
see get them out working for you and you can sit up all night talking to yourself like me!! ;D ;D

;) shushhhhh they'll all be doing it

windowswashed

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 12:19:54 am »
I had to phone a custie tonight for tomorrow. They informed me scaffolding is up for roof repairs, same applies with their neighbour which I also clean so it saved me a wasted journey, diesel and time tomorrow, so it works both ways. :) They will phone me as soon as scaffolding comes down to rearrange their next wash.