Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drevitt

cheap pre filters
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:47 pm »
Hi all

just wondering if anyone has seen any cheap 10" pre filters for RO unit lately, I used to get from pure freedom but they have shot up to £26.00 from about £16.00 since andrew left.

cheers
 :D

jeff1

Re: cheap pre filters
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:02:54 pm »
Gardiners still have a sale on filters at the moment.

Ian W

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:14:11 pm »
I get mine from Soap National.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:24:55 pm »
10 or 20 inch?
Not Perfect - But Honest

drevitt

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:28:55 pm »
sorry 10 inch

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:36:18 pm »

Cleantech do a set of 3:

2 Carbon filters
1 5 micron sediment

for £10

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

edd

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:14 pm »
GAPS WATER

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »
sorry 10 inch
wintecs.co.uk, hands down are the cheapest £1 for poly, £2 odd for carbon, no others can match there price and I have tried many times trust me

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 10:27:59 pm »
i beat it, i see a box of 10 x "5 microns 10 inch", at an auction, picked them up for £5 plus vat. ;D  wont see that again though :(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 11:02:14 pm »

Just to point out that our 3 filter package has the much higher specification Granular Activated Carbon final filter not just two carbon block filters.

These offer the maximum protection to the RO membrane and allow longer intervals between changes. All world class RO manufacturers specify this set-up and we would not be happy supplying anything less. This one GAC filter costs more than the first two (sediment and carbon block) added together.

The ideal set-up for any pre-filter system is 1. Sediment, 2. GAC and 3 Carbon Block. This also applies to 20" pre-filter set-ups for commercial membranes.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:57 pm »

Just to point out that our 3 filter package has the much higher specification Granular Activated Carbon final filter not just two carbon block filters.

These offer the maximum protection to the RO membrane and allow longer intervals between changes. All world class RO manufacturers specify this set-up and we would not be happy supplying anything less. This one GAC filter costs more than the first two (sediment and carbon block) added together.

The ideal set-up for any pre-filter system is 1. Sediment, 2. Carbon Block and 3 GAC. This also applies to 20" pre-filter set-ups for commercial membranes.
if you change them every month, is there really a difference aprt from price Alex ?, if I was leaving in like some do for a year , 6 months ect I would pay more, I protect my member and along the flow of water by changing these regular, I do have a very high tds mind ::)

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:55:11 pm »
Alex

Your sales staff have just informed me that the carbon block was the last pre filter.
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:37 am »
Alex

Your sales staff have just informed me that the carbon block was the last pre filter.

And my staff are correct! In typing the above I switched the position of the last two filters.

It should read:

1. Sediment, 2. GAC and 3 Carbon Block.

if you change them every month, is there really a difference aprt from price Alex ?, if I was leaving in like some do for a year , 6 months ect I would pay more, I protect my member and along the flow of water by changing these regular, I do have a very high tds mind ::)

If you change them every month then you are already spending more than you need to, irrespective of TDS, which is mostly unaffected by the pre-filters. Unless you are using in excess of 1000 litres a day 6 days a week then you are erring on the side of caution.

I would recommend every three months to the average one man band using about 3-400 litres a day 4-5 days a week.

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:16 am »
If you are buying filters from some suppliers beware of the delivery costs. Three filters can be sent by post for less than a fiver but I was charged £16 by Ro-man. Don't just look at the advertised price.