Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Does your day ever go the way you plan it?
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:23:41 pm »
Everyday is planned out to perfection  ::)

but i find it never, ever goes as planned.

first call.. driveway blocked with cars... no one in and backgate locked.... (its never locked normally)

few more done....

then the bin men come, blocking me in every turn for a while....

next street...

cant get down it as still has snow on it and quite steep....

so i move on to some more calls on my sheets...

hard to be organised sometimes.... such is life...hope i am not alone..... oh by the way most of my round which was developed early on... is still fairly scattered.... so , i dont suppose that helps.... i have tried and tried to build that part... but its well sewn up with other cleaners.

;)

elite mike

Re: Does your day ever go the way you plan it?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:57 pm »
about once a year, if ime lucky ;)

ftp

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:42:07 pm »
I planned to stay in today - worked out exactly as planned.  ::)

What i really hate is when your flying and the £ signs are in your eyes when suddenly you get a "no not today" then another then the next one has visitors and the drive is blocked and from then on it all goes pear shaped.

Or you have a mega week then for the next two it won't stop snowing and raining.  >:(

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:26 pm »
about once a year, if ime lucky ;)

same here mike!
You can't polish a turd

pingu

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:11:16 pm »
Every day is planned with Military precision and it always goes to plan and every customers gives me a warm welcoming smile as I pull up....and about 15 minutes into each job a coffee with 2 sugars and some of those really nice chocolate digestives are presented....

Just as I am starting the engine each and every customer presents me with the exact amount and of course a little tip "just for a rainy day".

Dave.

johns window kleen

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
Yeah pretty much.
 >:(
 I always plan for the van breaking down, the varistream playing up, the pole dismantling itself each time i expand it, catching hoses on wheelie bins,gates, paving slabs, treading in dog poo, dropping my scrim in puddles and forgetting to get my sills cloth out of the van. Nutters asking me if i can change £20 notes at nearly every clean.

Just another day at the office.

dai

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:19:24 pm »
That's the great thing about life, every day you get to do something you have never done before.
No two days are ever the same, it would be a boring old life if this wasn't the case.
There is one thing that never seems to change, if I get an early start I earn more, if I get a late start I can never make that time up, and things usually go from bad to worse.

Tosh

Q
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 09:33:16 pm »
I worked last Saturday - only for a few hours since the weather has been so bad - and spent at least half-an-hour drinking tea with an 88 year old customer of mine who wanted to 'show me off' to her 92 year old mate who was visiting.

She said I was 'like a son' to her; and there was just no way I could refuse coming in her house, sitting down and chatting; no way; even though I just wanted to be out working.

It was only a small job too; but I was torn between getting work done or giving one of my elderly customers the 'personal touch'.

So I chose the latter.  I may feel good about myself, but I'm still skint!

richywilts

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:48:30 pm »
hahaha tosh aving a threesome with 2 ggilfs (Great Grannies Id Like to f***)
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 09:51:05 pm »
hahaha tosh aving a threesome with 2 ggilfs (Great Grannies Id Like to f***)
lmao, sorry but that is funny

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »
Richy, you're not funny and iw; you've got no taste in humour!

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:52 pm »
Every day is planned with Military precision and it always goes to plan and every customers gives me a warm welcoming smile as I pull up....and about 15 minutes into each job a coffee with 2 sugars and some of those really nice chocolate digestives are presented....

Just as I am starting the engine each and every customer presents me with the exact amount and of course a little tip "just for a rainy day".

Dave.

exactly the same then my alarm rings and it is time for the real day to begin.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt