This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

where have people gone?
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:32:19 pm »
What has happened to shiner, discount and from today jaykie?
Have i missed something? They are no longer registered.

Londoner

Re: where have people gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:08:40 pm »
Over the years on this forum there have been some regular and good posters who have just suddenly disappeared without a trace. Sad really, you felt you had got to know them.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:11:16 pm »
Some re-invent themselves i'm sure Discount is still here - it's part of the fun trying to spot them. Some are really easy.  ;D

trevor povey

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:53:43 pm »
Its a good point re inventing yourself and comming back under a differnt psedunum especially if you are redg.on CIU under your trading name and have people working for you who can view your comments. :)

chrisyg

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:55:57 pm »
many have issues with the way the forum is run and moderated, and joined proper forums which allow full debate, and discussion on everything including the choice of suppliers, equipments etc.

Maybe it also has to do with how negative this forum is portrayed and how its members are (the minority in most cases to be fair) - you dont get the elsewhere.

just my observations...

this is actually my second account..

telboy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 05:14:09 pm »
If this is not a proper forum why stay ???

You should go on Cleaning Pro's they are all up themselves on there

chrisyg

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:18:36 pm »

There is still some good advice given on here, but for advise with equipment or suppliers you can not get this here.. I either use naths forum or Kev R's.

Dennis-Taylor

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:10 pm »

Telboy, thats a pretty unfair comment, From what i can recall you usually come on there to stir things up and leave. Now if thats what you join a forum to do i think it best you stay here.
A lot of the so called up themselves posters come on here too, advice is advice at the end of the day, if you haven't got something constructive to say don't say it.
Dennis

seandyer2003

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 05:46:43 pm »

There is still some good advice given on here, but for advise with equipment or suppliers you can not get this here.. I either use naths forum or Kev R's.

Which is kev r's??

chrisyg

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 05:53:15 pm »
uk cleaning forum

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »
Well i reckon this forum is great.....i couldnt have got my wfp setup going with advise from the guys on here
You can't polish a turd

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 06:26:09 pm »
I agree with chrisyg, I am such a bad moderator , i scare them all off

Naughty me

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »
Well i reckon this forum is great.....i couldnt have got my wfp setup going with advise from the guys on here

Here here!!
Not Perfect - But Honest

telboy

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 06:36:30 pm »

Telboy, thats a pretty unfair comment, From what i can recall you usually come on there to stir things up and leave. Now if thats what you join a forum to do i think it best you stay here.
A lot of the so called up themselves posters come on here too, advice is advice at the end of the day, if you haven't got something constructive to say don't say it.
Dennis

I resent that remark

I was refering to a thread on Cleaning pros when Mark Stock posted they were the elite

And slagged off this forum
And a few others on there agreed with him
and were patting themselves on the back
Dont call me a trouble maker

And this is very constructive you muppet

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 06:41:33 pm »
it was constructive until you said muppet!! ;D

Dennis-Taylor

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 06:49:24 pm »

Dennis

And this is very constructive you muppet

Oh i see, name calling etc is acceptable behaviour, i get the picture.
I come on here to give and receive advise on matters i either know or don't know about, i do not resort to calling people muppets. If you have issues with people off other forums please do not brand all people from that forum as being " Up themselves" I am no better/ no worse than another person, you don't know me, i don't know you.
I have nothing more to say on the matter !!

Regards
Dennis

ftp

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:50:15 pm »

Here here!!

Blimey Dave where have you been - thought you'd emigrated to Thassos!

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »

Well there are other reasons. To be addicted to the forum is a huge waste ot time, and to have hardly anyone take your brilliant advice gaulling. Mostly for me the problem was my big mouth, i handed out info and wished i hadn't.

I have to admitt that with the credit crunch i am running a bit scared and resent the newbies, and resent the info, the earnings pointers, and all the other stuff that lowers our barriers to entry- as if we didn't already have just about the lowest of any business.Long term this bad weather may be doing us all a huge  deterrent favour.

As for the idiots, the pointless arguments, and the negative posts, i now favour them.Anything that puts people off works for me.

chrisyg

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 07:53:57 pm »

As for the idiots, the pointless arguments, and the negative posts, i now favour them.Anything that puts people off works for me.

Class!  ;D

matt

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

Well there are other reasons. To be addicted to the forum is a huge waste ot time, and to have hardly anyone take your brilliant advice gaulling. Mostly for me the problem was my big mouth, i handed out info and wished i hadn't.

I have to admitt that with the credit crunch i am running a bit scared and resent the newbies, and resent the info, the earnings pointers, and all the other stuff that lowers our barriers to entry- as if we didn't already have just about the lowest of any business.Long term this bad weather may be doing us all a huge  deterrent favour.

is that you clive  ?? ?