This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

reflection

has ice broke your machine
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:31 pm »
i have a streamline system been away all weekend when i came back today all the pipes are froze nothing new got them defrosted plugged the hose in to fill it up now the water is really badly squirting out of the first two filters they are completly tightened cant get it fixed has any one else had this problem do you think its to do with the ice expanding in the filter cartridges will i need to change these all together

Feen

Re: has ice broke your machine
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:15:06 pm »
Sorry mate, tried to resist but can't. If you post this again so that it can be understood, I'll try to help.  You know....grammar, commas, full stops that sort of thing
Feen

lovewindows

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:22:26 pm »
Sorry mate, tried to resist but can't. If you post this again so that it can be understood, I'll try to help.  You know....grammar, commas, full stops that sort of thing
:-[ :-[
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:22:45 pm »
You forgot the full stop on the end. ::) some people cannot spell very well, and there grammer is not great me included, if you cant understand that hes writting then there is not hope for you fella  :P

As to question have you tried taking them off and putting some PTFE tape on and screwing back together?

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »
Perahps some pepole are just not as edcauted as you.
But it is very readable.

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:31:35 pm »
mr feen have read the frum rules , king span is wot iv got ronwd mine to pervent it frezing i kowe its to late for yours , hope its not dun your ro membranes in

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 08:36:19 pm »
I can read it Ok, Perhaps you have a low IQ Mr Feen  ;)
Sussex by the sea

reflection

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:35 pm »
if i wanted anyone to comment on my grammer i would go back to school i am on this site to ask for some help to do with my machine if your not willing to give any then dont waste my time replyin to my message about the way i have wrote it. i dont think the tape would work the water is coming out that badly has this happened to anyone else or is it just me only had the machine four months and its one thing after another im sorry i got it at the minute !FULL STOP!

williamx

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:05:21 pm »
Have you tried taking it apart and soaking in hot water, just in case there is still ice inside it.

eclipse

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:06:22 pm »
any chance you could post some pics up so we can see where its leaking from .

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:07:06 pm »
i have a streamline system been away all weekend when i came back today all the pipes are froze nothing new got them defrosted plugged the hose in to fill it up now the water is really badly squirting out of the first two filters they are completly tightened cant get it fixed has any one else had this problem do you think its to do with the ice expanding in the filter cartridges will i need to change these all together

I would say the frost has cracked the fillter housing's and you will have to buy new ones.

Unscrew them and have a good look.

You can buy new ones from many places online.

Regards Roy

matt

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 10:08:02 pm »

I would say the frost has cracked the fillter housing's and you will have to buy new ones.

Unscrew them and have a good look.

You can buy new ones from many places online.

Regards Roy

thats what i would guess at aswell

the good news is that filter housings are not that expensive

mci services

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 11:44:25 pm »
You missed a full stop at the end of thing.  Whilst we are discussing this, the use of can't is not proper English and should be can not.  The same goes for I'll, it should read I will.

but any way i cannae help with the original question cause i am di only sorry

reflection

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 03:44:47 pm »
thanks every one for your help i got it sorted this morning the filter housings themselves where fine it was actually the rubber o rings for making the seal had stretched i cut them trimmed a little off glued them back together and hey presto