Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ccmids

weather bad what do we do
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:57:01 pm »

snow again what do window cleaners do to pay bills ?
i have never known it so bad i only did one day last week as i write this its snowing again here in warwickshire .
saw weather for next week not good can any one tell me what to do should i signe on or what . is there anything i can do.

NWH

Re: weather bad what do we do
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:02:26 pm »
Have you heard the expression save for a rainy day or snowy 1 at the moment.

simbo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:04:48 pm »
pray! no not really, there will be loads of trades in the same boat and i must say this past 12 months is the worst for all types of weather i have known. I think you just have to hope things improve thats all. This is why you have to charge good prices in the first place even then things can be tough at times
simbo

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:07:53 pm »
what annoys me we worry about losing, when we take a week off to go on holiday.  with all this weather some have been forced to take a week off when they could of taken a holiday.
Stephen C Brophy

ccmids

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »

how can you stash cash with the weather we have had  its hard enough paying bills what with 3 kids and all

ccmids

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:19:25 pm »

been at it 8 years never been like this

ccmids

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 06:25:12 pm »

just panicing thats all

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:25:48 pm »
Its a pain your right this last week.

But so far this winter has been drier than previous ones. (December and Jan were good, except for the week immediately after Xmas, no days off at all.)

You should have saved mate, particularly if youve been at it 8 years.

Sorry, but thats what being self-employed is about quite often.

mikethechamois

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »
if your self employed and your missus works for 16hrs or more you can forget benefits.......................also they wont give you anything unless your actively looking for a job

ccmids

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 06:30:04 pm »

i do save money seems to go no were

ccmids

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 06:31:27 pm »

theres always something to pay

Klean07

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »
Quite agree with everyone elses comments about saving. Builders do it so why not us. I work on a monthly cycle like most others do. So as long as I can get most of my work done by end of month then all my bills will be paid. Now on the other hand if this weather continues for another 2 weeks then I like you will be getting a little worried.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

ccmids

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 06:36:27 pm »

got a lot of bad payers one builder ows me £80 from december hes not returning calls others mount up to about £350

ccmids

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 06:39:55 pm »

klean07 is that realy you in pic

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 07:01:26 pm »

got a lot of bad payers one builder ows me £80 from december hes not returning calls others mount up to about £350

I have a domestic that owes me £250.00 since 15-12-08, its annoying, and Id prefer to have my money, Id hate the thought of loosing it, but if I do I'll survive.

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »

klean07 is that realy you in pic
[/quote
Yes mate had a hard life :(
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

ccmids

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »

matt is that one clean or several   i get some that dont pay for months but they do in the end it seems they are too busy to bother with the window cleaner.
i even had a bloke hide when i cleaned his windows  his nabough told me him and his mate were laughing about it . he never did pay me still see him about though.
he cant look me in the eye . owed me £19  iknow its not a lot but it adds up

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 07:26:52 pm »
Its one clean, an inside and out.

A new customer too. At this rate they wont be for long. Get my money I wont be going back with some prior agreement first.

Thing is, its a nice job, big obviously, but nice location etc. The guy works for the queen, at Windsor (maybe Balmoral) dont really want to say who, but he sees her everyday when shes not out of town.

Anyway, this guys wife died the week after christmas, so to a certain extent there are additional circumstnaces that need to be taken into consideration, but Im sure his other bills have been paid.

I blame his housekeeper, spineless thats the trouble. He's a wet weekend.
I'll go round there one weekend when matey is down and get it in person if the h/keeper dont pull his finger out.

A CCJ'll do the job  ;)

Matt

paulscotney

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 07:28:03 pm »
All my round is in Sutton Coldfield, used to be Warwickshire. Managed 3 days last week.

seandyer2003

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »

£80?? Wouldnt do it personally unless its 40 a clean, 2 cleans on any account over £10 and im gettin paid before i do it again!!