This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin R

Website Revision
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:47:30 pm »
Hi Guys,

This weekend some pretty major revisions have been made to my website. I have decided to use a slightly different format than most companies that offer similar services especially for our residential customers.

Any comments would be appreciated.

prismprofessional.co.uk

Steve CM

Re: Website Revision
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:56:59 pm »
Hi Kev. what does home care mean? are you offering services for the elderly?

I know your not really but it sounds like it. and also don't you need a friendly face to have on a homepage? ;) ;D

it all looks a bit american for my liking

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:00:59 pm »
some good ideas on there Kev  ;), but removal of the link directly to domestic/residental window cleaning I feel is a mistake unless your trying to cut down on this.
Plenty of cheese on your site   :D, I do like some of the ideas but just in an english format.

Ian

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:02:58 pm »
put it this way. i wouldn't ask you for a quote!! ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:04:26 pm »
put it this way. i wouldn't ask you for a quote!! ;D ;D
thats not fair, some bouncers are nice guys

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »
i didn't say menacing, just not friendly ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 06:12:55 pm »

Really?

What do others think?

just pulling your leg. i don't go with all this photo business. probably just my own preference. it does look american or cheesy as ian puts it. US advertising has always been known for a fat slab of cheese

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:17:43 pm »
some good ideas on there Kev  ;), but removal of the link directly to domestic/residental window cleaning I feel is a mistake unless your trying to cut down on this.
Plenty of cheese on your site   :D, I do like some of the ideas but just in an english format.

Ian

Hi Ian, after about a year of research I discovered that customers dont type in residential or domestic as search terms - so would using home care make a difference? guess I am about to find out. Most search for "window cleaners in Exeter" etc.

Tell me more - what do you find cheesy? How would you change it to an english format?

Thanks for your time  ;)
I was not talking about search for you site Kev, I was talking about it being user freindly, home care to me is that you offer nurses or some type of service. I would say it would be a big error not looking back at this oits only imo, but tryin to help.

American marketing terms come across cheesy, we are not used to them over here unless we are buying something from the states, I am not saying they are wrong, I love the way americans are  in there marketing. Will it work for window cleaning in the UK I guess you will find out one way or another and fair play to you for trying it.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:24:35 pm »

Ian

Hi Ian, after about a year of research I discovered that customers dont type in residential or domestic as search terms - so would using home care make a difference? guess I am about to find out. Most search for "window cleaners in Exeter" etc.

Tell me more - what do you find cheesy? How would you change it to an english format?

Thanks for your time  ;)
I was not talking about search for you site Kev, I was talking about it being user freindly, home care to me is that you offer nurses or some type of service. I would say it would be a big error not looking back at this oits only imo, but tryin to help.

American marketing terms come across cheesy, we are not used to them over here unless we are buying something from the states, I am not saying they are wrong, I love the way americans are  in there marketing. Will it work for window cleaning in the UK I guess you will find out one way or another and fair play to you for trying it.

Thanks very much Ian for your comments. Feedback is very important as you know.

I get what your saying I do. Thanks again  ;)
Your welcome  ;)

luther1

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:35 pm »
I thought it was a very good website.Very professional.I haven't seen many better.

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 06:31:51 pm »
I thought it was a very good website.Very professional.I haven't seen many better.

how much you paid him Kev? ;D ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 06:37:14 pm »

how much you paid him Kev? ;D ;D

Some people know quality when they see it LOL  ;D ;D ;D

and some know how to grease a palm ;D ;D

STEVE-UK

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 06:37:55 pm »
looks pretty good kev, I think the dont pay if your not happy is open to some abuse

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 06:38:15 pm »

Really?

What do others think?

just pulling your leg. i don't go with all this photo business. probably just my own preference. it does look american or cheesy as ian puts it. US advertising has always been known for a fat slab of cheese

Bill gates is doing alright though :)

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »

Really?

What do others think?

Bill gates is doing alright though :)

he sells computer software and looks like a nerd so i guess he fits the bill ;) :D

seandyer2003

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 06:40:39 pm »
blimey your quick on the draw only refreshed once haha

macmac

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 06:44:53 pm »
Superb, but I would change home care for "property care" ;)

Tony

seandyer2003

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45:39 pm »
Looks good pal, but i think id be tempted to run it along with your old site and compare over a few months, its all about getting conversions as i was saying in an earlier thread and whatever does that whether its fancy graphics or a big cheesy grin then thats what counts!!

But good on you for trying something different mate, i think it should work but i would definitely want to compare how well to something else!

Good luck mate

ftp

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »
Maybe an up to date photo would have been better  ;D

Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:43 pm »
Well I think it's great!

I actually have been through-out the whole site!

Why I don't know, I don't want a window cleaner in Exeter! ;D

I typed in Window cleaner in Exeter into Dogpile... you were second came up as commercial window cleaner

Brilliant, I usually get bored after second page on more!
and as for the smile it goes a long way, IMO not cheesy at all!

All in all very cool 8) 8) 8)