Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

NVQ Level 2 Window Cleaning
« on: February 07, 2009, 02:32:16 pm »
Just had a very good chat with Andy Wilson  Who is running free NVQ2 courses (subject to funding). He   also works very closely with the FWC.

He sent me an email which i will paste below, anyone interested in the NVQ Dont hesitate to contact him.

I have agreed to 5 spaces in Cornwall, anyone else interested please contact me.

NVQ2 High level window cleaning (latest standard)

100% Government funded available (Specification attached)

Value per candidate is over £1,000   

Training area provided in a location near you

Approximately 12 weeks from start to completion

NVQ consists of:

3 Training room classes which include, Working at Height Safely (Working at height certificate provided), Reducing risks in your workplace, Customer care, Working as a team, Developing yourself and cleaning glass, facades and all external surfaces and areas

Training is giving by a working at height consultant and window cleaner since 1970’s (CV can be supplied)

Assessments carried out on site during normal working day “minimal disruption”

The NVQ is a UK recognised qualification – equivalent to 5 A-C grades GCSE

Online information

http://www.cleaning43.com/latest-news/latest-news-article.php?latestNewsID=632

http://www.cleaning43.com/latest-news/latest-news-article.php?latestNewsID=618

General News

http://www.cleaning43.com/latest-news/latest-news-article.php?latestNewsID=677

Kind regards,

David Willis

Linden Management (UK) Limited

* British Fields, Ollerton Road, Tuxford, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 0PQ

( Telephone: 0800 298 0632

Direct Tel:         +44 (0)1205 769032

Direct Fax:        +44 (0)1205 761818

) Mobile:          +44 (0)7984 365917

: E-mail:          david.willis@impact43.com

Mr Formby

Re: NVQ Level 2 Window Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 03:51:56 pm »
He contacted me in November and I booked to go on one next week . I had not heard anything from him and had lost his email address . Glad you posted it , now I can contact him

seandyer2003

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:10:08 pm »
Im doing it in march, i was too clever to get it for free : ) its only for people with less than 5 a-c's but they got me 100% funding from the college so looking forward to it, should be interesting, i doubt there is much technique to learn but might be surprised at what i didnt know, but definitely the legal aspects and h&s will help alot!!!

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:14:31 pm »

is that true ? ? ?  surely not

rhys11

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »

i dont think its ture maybe equivalent to 1 gcse maybe.
i hot one in car manufacturing and they never said it was equivalent 5 gcse's
rhys

mikethechamois

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:48:01 pm »
its atrade qualification and surpasses your gcses

with an nvq you will be able to describe yourself as a quailified wc

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 11:15:03 pm »

makes me feel better I have 2 of the so far, but left school with nothing, also have a city and guilds, I would be well interested in doing this course.,

Mr Formby

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:52 am »
seandyer2003
Which one are you going on. I should be going on the  one in Preston, but there was another one in Manchester

Thomas Ecclestone

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:08:21 am »

NVQ's come in levels,  as far as the government (and college / university entrance) is concerned NVQ level 2 is equivalent to 5 a*-c GCSE's and NVQ level 3 is equivalent to 2 A Levels or 5 GCSE's. As far as employers are concerned... not so much.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:33:47 am »
Hi guys,

Weve been on this course with charlie from Jv price and his staff,

At the end of the day its a funded course that gives us a qualification in our area of work so im up for it.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

gary evans

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 10:02:33 am »
Dean

Where did you attend the course as you are from stoke & J V Price south (london?)

Gary

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 10:11:18 am »

NVQ's come in levels,  as far as the government (and college / university entrance) is concerned NVQ level 2 is equivalent to 5 a*-c GCSE's and NVQ level 3 is equivalent to 2 A Levels or 5 GCSE's. As far as employers are concerned... not so much.

Good point you know it stands for Not Very Quick  ;D ;D Only joking
P&R Window Cleaning

matt

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:45 am »

i knew that NVQ Level 3 was the equivalent to 2 A Levels, as i did my NVQ level 3 as a 2nd year apprentice carpenter ( which to be honest was a farce, but it was part of the course, so as we learnt we acheived it, i remmber my mum was so proud  ::), of course i was planning for the HNC, so it wasnt a big issue to me )

BUT

i honestly didnt realise that NVQ was the  equivalent to 5 a*-c GCSE's, that means that bird on cornie street who wants to be a nurse could get in though doing a little window cleaning

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 02:29:45 pm »
seandyer2003
Which one are you going on. I should be going on the  one in Preston, but there was another one in Manchester

In manchester, dont know where yet i forgot if ive been told, but definitely in manchester...

3 rd of march i think it is, will look for email now...

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »
Chris,

On reflection I'm going to delete my post; I could be wrong about NVQs based on my experience; and I don't want to knock something which could be a positive thing for window cleaners.

Could you delete your well argued post too?  Only because it contains my quote.

Cheers.

chrisyg

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 03:09:05 pm »
Chris,

On reflection I'm going to delete my post; I could be wrong about NVQs based on my experience; and I don't want to knock something which could be a positive thing for window cleaning.

Could you delete your well argued post too?  Only because it contains my quote.

Cheers.

Tosh, i feel it should stand, my main reason for this, is many people have this feeling you typed.. on reflection you realise what you said was wrong, but your thinking what many others are thinking too..

Think it from another perspective on what and how clients will contract you..

But if you want i will delete your quote, but keep my reply and advise why i posted it - to say anonymous.

ok ive changed my original post - but kept "some" of your reply... i will delete this post in 5 mins...

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »
Chris,

Leave the lot if you want; that's fine with me.  I've said I'm in the 'wrong' for being a negative git about a qualification for window cleaners; and I'm happy to leave it at that.

You don't have to delete anything.  Maybe it'll give this post some balance?

Regards,

Tosh.

Thomas Ecclestone

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 03:16:27 pm »

i honestly didnt realise that NVQ was the  equivalent to 5 a*-c GCSE's, that means that bird on cornie street who wants to be a nurse could get in though doing a little window cleaning

Sure. Actually, at one point NVQ's were a loophole qualification (don't know about the present, been a while since I looked into it). In the official educational equivalence tables, an NVQ was considered equivalent to GCSE a*-c in english and maths.  There are an awful lot of courses and official jobs (i.e. teaching assistant, police officer, practically any degree ) where you need the English and Maths GCSE's.  A NVQ will get you past those requirements, even if it's in a subject like window cleaning.

chrisyg

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 03:18:28 pm »
Tosh, i think your right, it will give some discussion points of view.. the reasons for and against.. but mainly for "training"  ;)

Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 03:21:52 pm »
unfortunately nvq's are here!
We had cse's and O level's and A levels (then more advanced, university etc)
everyone knew where we were!

Now people don't want to be a "Loser" so everyone is a winner! :(

A have an Advanced City & Guilds in Carpentry & Joinery (with distinction!)
To think a W/C can have a EQUAL certificate in preposterous and an insult to the hard work & high standards I had to achieve to get those qualifications! >:(

I think it's distasteful to say the least! :(

Having said that, any qualification held by anyone shows dedication/devotion to the work he has chosen.  This shows he cares about his standards! 8)