This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Re: NVQ Level 2 Window Cleaning
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:42 pm »

Are you really telling me that is the same as 2 real passes at A level....I don't think so.

I've been involved in A level marking...  A Levels are not what they used to be.  Yeah, I would certainly say that an advanced city & guild is far more difficult than the A levels I did and passed. Getting A levels isn't so much a matter of understanding the subject, but understanding the system.  If you know how grades are awarded, you could easily get a pass after a few months effort. Plus, a lot of people game the system. There are schools in london where every answer is practically identical down to having comprehension errors in the same place, you get the feeling some doofus was standing up front dictating the answers.

Alot of courses these days are like that, i got good grades in nearly all subjects in school, but dont have a clue about them really, just cottoned on to what i needed to put down to pass, teachers practically tell you anyway, so long as you remember and then just repeat it all down in the exam  - Pass!! Ask me now (only 5 yrs on) and i bet i couldnt get 30 % on any of the tests at gcse

chrisyg

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 02:33:44 pm »
Neil
it might crack you up, but training and especially H&S is the way forward.

Just ask Charlie Price and some of the other big players, they all have one thing in common.

Well Trained staff,

coincidence ? No.

They all know what it takes to win big contracts.

Just have a look at any government tender document and you will know what I mean.

Have a look at abseiling anyone can do it, you could even gain an irata level, but i guarantee if you havent got a level 3, no one will let you hang over the side of there building.

exactly, so many tunnelled visions on this forum dont seem to realise this..   ::)

Yes experience is good for you to know, but how does that help a manager decide who is right to clean their windows - they will be choosing the ones who have the most training and certificates - to back up the claim of experience.

matt

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 03:53:36 pm »
Neil

Just ask Charlie Price and some of the other big players, they all have one thing in common.

Well Trained staff,

coincidence ? No.

Just have a look at any government tender document and you will know what I mean.

Have a look at abseiling anyone can do it, you could even gain an irata level, but i guarantee if you havent got a level 3, no one will let you hang over the side of there building.

exactly, so many tunnelled visions on this forum dont seem to realise this..   ::)

Yes experience is good for you to know, but how does that help a manager decide who is right to clean their windows - they will be choosing the ones who have the most training and certificates - to back up the claim of experience.

or you might get better results if you clean the managers house as a " incentive " ;)

on a serious note, i am not knocking the NVQ's, anything that sets up apart from the rest can only be a good thing, though the more who do it, that point becomes less and less

Chameleon

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 05:47:51 pm »
Neil

Well Trained staff,

coincidence ? No.

Good point I can see the benefit, from an employer's point of view!
I am talking as solo w/c

Quote from Matt...
on a serious note, i am not knocking the NVQ's, anything that sets up apart from the rest can only be a good thing, though the more who do it, that point becomes less and less
End quote...

I agree with this, if I were to employ someone (young lad) the one with the NVQ would swing it, as it would look good to potential clients... I understand that! 8)