Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Is £150 too much. ?
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:42:10 pm »
just put a price in for a nursing home, .. two buildings.... all fairly large windows, over 3 floors.

and filthy.

i charged £1 per window... so £150.. does that sound expensive?

they will let me know when head office is contacted.

normally i would price by the hour, but i could not really tell , as i have never cleaned anything this large before, so i went for the .. price per window... option. just thought i would ask and see what you all think.

Cheers

Gary.

Slash

Re: Is £150 too much.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:43:28 pm »
Not enough mate,double that if they are filthy or it's a days work.

geefree

Re: Is £150 too much. ?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:44:26 pm »
i just thought,,, battle on first clean... then good money after that. ;)  ??

trike

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:49:12 pm »
i do a hursing home two floors takes four hours every month 90,coffee and cakes thrown in,i wouild stick with the 150,but charge a bit more if filthy,but if you get it every month,thats even better,good luck

geefree

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 03:32:17 pm »
Thanks for replies, i think going by the lack of other answers... i did ok... ;)

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 03:35:53 pm »
£1.00 is par for the course.

You'll make money by the simple fact that theres so many in one place, no packing up, no driving, no parking, sounds good to me.

Good luck

Matt

lovewindows

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 03:42:41 pm »
It depends on whether you get the job or not .
I try to price by what it's worth to me , i want £30 per hour if i can get it .
Trouble is someone else might want less !
I quoted on a big job recently and went with a price that was right for me , i didn't get it but i wouldn't have wanted it at less than the price i quoted,  i've messed up on a few quotes got the job and resented doing it for the price i said , i can always put the price up later ,but i reckon i've got to do it at that price for a while.  
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

Mr Formby

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 03:49:08 pm »
If you get it no , if you dont yes

geefree

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 03:51:04 pm »
If you get it no , if you dont yes

i dont understand

geefree

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 03:52:30 pm »
if i do get it they may ask for a risk assessment and/or method statement, another learning curve , as i have never done one before. :o

thanks for replies.

Mr Formby

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 03:57:36 pm »
i dont understand

When they look at your price  and see you quoted £150
If you get the job they wont think its expensive .
If youdont get it they will think that £150 is expensive

supernova77

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 04:01:19 pm »
How long is it going to take you to do? Work it out on an estimate of time taken.

Andy

geefree

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 04:17:24 pm »
because its the first large job, and not experienced at pricing by the hour ( i did not know how long ).... i decided to price by the window.

Also, if i get the job and do it in a reasonable amount of time, then it will be ok .

i understand the " if i get it im too cheap"....thing.... but we would all be unemployed if we were too expensive.... if thats the case.

macmac

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 04:58:02 pm »
If it takes you less than 7 hours then I would say that's fine. 150 a day is very much ok in this climate.  ;)

Be greedy at your peril !!!!! :'(

Tony

macmac

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 05:15:01 pm »
i dont understand

When they look at your price  and see you quoted £150
If you get the job they wont think its expensive .
If youdont get it they will think that £150 is expensive

So, they discuss the situation, think it is a bit expensive but realy like his manner, attitude & confidence & professionalism. They decide to go with it BUT Gazza is now left thinking he's too cheap. ???

Go with your own instinct Gazza, especially in these times, be sensible & you'll be ok. Listen to some on here & you'll end up with no new work- like the post "
Not enough mate,double that if they are filthy or it's a days work.
Listen to him & you've lost what could have been a very good job for you.!

Tony

dai

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 05:16:38 pm »
I took on a block of 12 flats charging £1 a window, there are 120 windows and after the first clean I can easily do them in 4 hrs. £120 for half a days work is OK with me, in fact £120 is my daily target on domestics.

williamx

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 05:17:56 pm »
Gazza

Your profile doesn't say were you are, but around my areas I have known companys pricing jobs at 65p to 70p per window.

Some cleaners will say thats to cheap, because they are used to quoting at £1 per window, but they also worked off ladders, now they have wfp systems but still want to charge the same rate.

This is ok for small to medium size buildings, but when the jobs are bigger their prices need to reflect this.

What I would do is let them study your quote, if they reject it for a cheaper cleaner, ask how much he is charging and then you can decide to ether match it (but offer a superiour service) or beat it.

macmac

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »
What I would do is let them study your quote, if they reject it for a cheaper cleaner, ask how much he is charging and then you can decide to ether match it (but offer a superiour service) or beat it. 

The trouble is, you may not get that chance & so the job's gone. That's my point above, I'm not saying work for any less than you normally would BUT idiotic greed can very often take away any second chance you may have had.

Tony

geefree

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »
Thats why i went in cheap... its huge and 150 windows, including conservatories, glass entrances and doors is a heck of a lot,

i know its hard without you guys seeing it ...but i think i have priced it right for me.... i will know soon enough, you never know i may get it...and wish i never  had!!  ???

Thanks for all the help again. :)

gary evans

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 05:37:33 pm »
I am near to a lot on here, & constantly bump in to realy low prices. 65p - 70p
is very fair for commercial upto & around quarterly, but if this is going to be monthly, you need to be less. Saying that it depends on meterage for me so i would need to see windows, type & size etc.

Without looking & guessing i would go in high for first clean £150 to £200 then max £100 per clean after.

Am i to cheap, i say no, & prob only get 50% or less what i quote.

Theres companies i know would quote £50 - £60 for them on  a regular base.

Gary