This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slash

Re: Is £150 too much. ?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 05:38:22 pm »
i dont understand

When they look at your price  and see you quoted £150
If you get the job they wont think its expensive .
If youdont get it they will think that £150 is expensive

So, they discuss the situation, think it is a bit expensive but realy like his manner, attitude & confidence & professionalism. They decide to go with it BUT Gazza is now left thinking he's too cheap. ???

Go with your own instinct Gazza, especially in these times, be sensible & you'll be ok. Listen to some on here & you'll end up with no new work- like the post "
Not enough mate,double that if they are filthy or it's a days work.
Listen to him & you've lost what could have been a very good job for you.!

Tony
Depends where in the country you are,if it will take you all day from 8-5 ,I charge alot more personally and drop the price after first cleans as they do take longer and why sacrafice a good days wage from other properties and loose money on one,it also depends on your daily income and what you make,I am not greedy but reasonable with pricing,after all we proper WC's are not a charity.
Up north is different so cannot quote like we can down south.

mikethechamois

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 05:42:33 pm »
not if you can do it in a day and your happy with the price

what you also need to think about when pricing is what is your srvice worth to them, they dont want a cheap job

they want a competitivly priced job done well

Slash

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 05:49:20 pm »
On a first clean for me is usually double or if they are not that dirty I tend to stay with the regular price but on a property that is filthy I would charge double without thinking twice or even a bit more if they are really bad,If I did'nt get the job for what I think it was worth there is always an idiot that will.

Chameleon

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 06:17:34 pm »
If you feel it's right , then it's right!
After-all you are the one doing the work!
After doing the job for the first time, you will know if your happy doing it!

If like so many of us, if you wake up in the morning , thinking OH NO I have to do that house today... it's under-priced! ::)

At the end of the day, prices vary county to county! ;)

Slash

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »
VERY TRUE ;)
I get that feeling sometimes but it's because they like to talk alot but before I attend the properties I ring my missus to ring me back in say 10 minutes to say there is an emergency.
I think they are getting a bit wise to it now though ;D ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 06:48:41 pm »
just put a price in for a nursing home, .. two buildings.... all fairly large windows, over 3 floors.

and filthy.

i charged £1 per window... so £150.. does that sound expensive?

they will let me know when head office is contacted.

normally i would price by the hour, but i could not really tell , as i have never cleaned anything this large before, so i went for the .. price per window... option. just thought i would ask and see what you all think.

Cheers

Gary.
What regularity did they require and did you specify that in your quote?

Chameleon

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 06:53:49 pm »
VERY TRUE ;)
I get that feeling sometimes but it's because they like to talk alot but before I attend the properties I ring my missus to ring me back in say 10 minutes to say there is an emergency.
I think they are getting a bit wise to it now though ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D yes guilty of that as well!
Mind you the wife usually tells me it's my fault, I don't get to speak to many, so I make up for it when I get the chance!  :-[

geefree

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »
wELL I WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH, BUT YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN oops.. me  a little more understanding of pricing these type of jobs, ... i agree, that maybe i should have dropped the rate a little, because of the amount of windows, but in real terms.... this must be only a small fry job to some of you guys, big to me... but i didnt think it big enough to drop the rate from a £1 to 75p.....

will see what happens, i dont know how long it takes these places to get back to people, probably a week with no reply means i lost it?.

Thanks, some really helpful replies.

williamx

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »
It normally takes 3 to 4 weeks if they are looking at other quotes.

Best of luck

Also if you don't get it, try to find out why, it will help you when you have to price another big job again.

Mr Formby

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 07:52:16 pm »
I would call them after a week and ask if they got your quote. If so is there anything the needed to ask about it .
When I send it in I would add ( if you have them )

Insurance cert
Safe Contractor ( or similar )
Fed cert
Risk/ method
All in a binder / folder
and of course your quote

alanwilson

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 12:01:25 am »
sounds ok to me

really need to see the job though.

hope you get it mate.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 03:01:38 pm »
Gazza,

I bet you're one of at least three quotes and I bet you don't get the job purely on your price.

Someone will go in cheaper and it'll be someone whose more than capable of giving the impression that they do a good job too.

I'd bet money on it!

geefree

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »
ok i will let you know when i know  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 05:02:39 pm »
Good luck; you never know though.