Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matty72

peed off, anyone had this much bad luck
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:31:48 pm »
Hi everyone
Broke up on 24th Dec for a holiday, 3rd Jan came down with bad chest infection 2 weeks it lasted, i was dead, in that time everything froze, merlin all cracked, submerseable pump broke, metal handle cracked,ordered new stuff but new bits weren't compatible reordered stuff got sent to wrong depot, finally got stuff weather has been raining and snowing since, January a 90% wipe out Febuary not looking great as yet, is it worth it, anyone with good NEWS, lets hear it dont care what it is.

savages

Re: peed off, anyone had this much bad luck
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:33:23 pm »
no only bad news here aswell ,sorry!

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:12:31 pm »
Yep there's only a possibility of 28 bad days in Feb  :D
Sussex by the sea

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:09 pm »
the good news is that i am not having the run you are having ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Klean07

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:11 pm »
Worked this afternoon for 4 hours first time this week. Great feeling as I've been stuck indoors all week. The first pint will go down nicely tonight,
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »
Good news is you can stay in bed tomorrow its forecast freezing.

L.J.S cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:10:11 pm »
been pretty much same for me since got my van smashed up befoe xmas. but got out and done what can . just learn to accept it and get on with it in this job

tatman

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:13:04 pm »
aint earnt a bean this week :'(

matty72

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:53:09 pm »
just had a customer call me saying you cleaned my windows yesterday but shes not happy as the weather isnt right to have windows cleaned, i explained they need to be kept up together and its been 9 weeks instead of the usual 6, ended up knocking 2 pounds of, anyone have a gun forsale.

stig

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 06:36:58 pm »
Hi everyone
Broke up on 24th Dec for a holiday, 3rd Jan came down with bad chest infection 2 weeks it lasted, i was dead, in that time everything froze, merlin all cracked, submerseable pump broke, metal handle cracked,ordered new stuff but new bits weren't compatible reordered stuff got sent to wrong depot, finally got stuff weather has been raining and snowing since, January a 90% wipe out Febuary not looking great as yet, is it worth it, anyone with good NEWS, lets hear it dont care what it is.
you could be married to my missus mate, then u would know bout bad luck
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

Pittmonkey

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:51 pm »
Well I thought it was only me!

19th Dec, had my first ever bump after 27 years driving. My fault went into back of another car. No real damage to the van.

22nd Dec, my van and the wife’s car was vandalised, slashed tyres on Van and car, also jumped all over the bonnet of the car. 

23rd Dec My Mum was taken into hospital, she didn’t make it to the New Year and died on the 29th

19th Jan, went back to work after funeral etc.

22nd Jan, bought a KCK Spaniel at Christmas. Crazy dog was running all over the place and ended up spraining a leg, off to the vets and they gave me a nice big bill.

28th Jan, off to work accelerator cable went on van, lane 3 of motorway. AA man got me going at 12 noon, worked a few hrs on my way home the thing went again in rush hour on one of the busiest roads in Bolton, causing mayhem and chaos.

29th Jan, 6pm sorting van out for morning, the dog ran out and was heading for the road. I dived to grab her and fell full force on my shoulder. Not been able to lift a cup of tea up let alone a WFPole. Not been able to work and the real sod of this is that here in Bolton we haven’t really had much snow and could have work all this week.

Not sure if I will be fit enough for work next week either, still pretty sore and struggling to drive at the moment.
So not a good start to the year but has they say things can only get better. Well let’s hope so!!

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 09:15:02 pm »
Well my bank's paying my bills this week, after they've already paid half my tax bill.  :o

Me thinks they might want me to contribute a bit next week... ;D

matty72

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:35 pm »
good luck for feb pittmonkey

eclipse

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 05:38:25 pm »
of course his wife dosn't know!!!!

she was with me lol     ;D

I normally get a run of bad luck just before xmas normally its my extraction machine blows up !!
nothing happened this xmas

january however

Head gasket faliure on MG ZS (to be expected i suppose)
suspension snapped on vito van
extraction machine finally blew up

and my tennis elbow has come back   any tips on treatment??

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 09:02:38 pm »
life is crap sometimes, last few months have been bad for me, first I lost my little neice to cancer at 3 years old, on monday my Nan had a heart attack and stroke. So bad luck I would say I have had my fair share of late, but focus forward move on and make a difference  ;)

stig

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 11:39:25 pm »
life is crap sometimes, last few months have been bad for me, first I lost my little neice to cancer at 3 years old, on monday my Nan had a heart attack and stroke. So bad luck I would say I have had my fair share of late, but focus forward move on and make a difference  ;)
3 yrs old! thats sad- really sad
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

matty72

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 03:55:50 pm »
sorry to hear windowwasher,makes you think alright, things can be alot worse ,here's to a good 2009.

L.J.S cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 06:42:40 pm »
sorry to hear that windowwasher hope all the bset for 2009

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »
mate i know what youmean last year was a real bad year for me...lost so much work around 2000 a months worth....

it all started shortly after my wife had the baby ...she got gall staones...and and really bad attacks from from it...which landed her in AE about 10 times throughout the year and about 2 months was spent in hospital over the course of the year,... then when all was going well and she had  her last op she got pancreatitis.... all this time she in in hospital and for about a week after i have to stay home and look after my wife and son who is 9 months old....then came decmber and all my equipment froze and broke in the van ... then had all the bad weather so i have done 4 days work since 28 nov. last year...

now thats bad....lol

but you gotta stay positive or else you lose the plot..... things willl get i better plus there are others worse off than me...

chin up .... ;D

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

s.hughes

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 03:25:04 pm »
of course his wife dosn't know!!!!

she was with me lol     ;D

I normally get a run of bad luck just before xmas normally its my extraction machine blows up !!
nothing happened this xmas

january however

Head gasket faliure on MG ZS (to be expected i suppose)
suspension snapped on vito van
extraction machine finally blew up

and my tennis elbow has come back any tips on treatment??

I had tennis elbow, I always thought it was due to trad work as I dont play tennis I couldnt think of anything else. Then I changed my car from a estate without power steering to 1 that has and that solved the problem