Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Hydra Poles
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:44 pm »
Does anyone know the difference between the new Brodex fibreglass Hydra poles and other fibreglass poles?

prestigeclean

Re: Hydra Poles
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »
i,ve got the 18ft fibre glass and its actually the same length as the 17ft xtel its about the same weigth and a little longer collapsed but its more rigid and robust so i think it will last longer but time will tell on that , put a gardiners lite weight brush and i think its a good pole and it does come with 12 months warranty regards alan

dd

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:20:03 am »
Is it in 3 6 ft sections or 4 4 footish sections. Are the clamps different from the xtel?

Thanks.

prestigeclean

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »
its a 4 section pole and the clamps are different from the xtel but they are easy to use , i used it all day today and i really like it regards alan

dd

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:21 pm »
Thanks for info. Have a universal 3 section 18 ft fibreglass pole just over 2 years old that will need changing later this year. Feedback on the xtel fibreglass poles is they only last about 6 months with regular use. Hoping to get something a bit more durable than xtel seems to be.

Thought this time round I would go for Gardiners sl brush (use ionics 12 inch dt currently).

Regards, dd

STEVE-UK

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:20 pm »
im after a new 18 foot pole, i have had the xtel for a while but the end keeps snapping when applying pressure

im thinking about getting the hydra pole but after having a 36 foot cobra snapped in 2 places im put off a little

anyone know what the window cleaning warehouse's extreme x-tel is like?

www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/Water-Fed-Poles/WCW-XTEL-Xtreme-Carbon/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:31:05 pm »
I believe it is a standard X-Tel pole, but with the following extras:

Aluminium top screw, tougher base cap and re-inforced yellow hose.

If I am wrong S Fox or Ambient Services will point it out  :)

neil100

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:03:24 pm »
I have an ageing 18' preadator pole and I have just bought 5 x extender 18' poles.

I have a gardiners superlight brush on both, the extender is superb, far more rigid then the predator and my mate who has a 21' X Tel pole  cannot beleive how good the extender is in comparision to the Xtel.

You need a light brush on the extender to get the full benefit from it,but if you buy from cleaning spot get the black pole hose which is great as it maintais its supplness even when very cold.Buy 5 together andthey are as cheap as chips.

Neil

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »
arent the extenders 6 foot sections?

neil100

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 10:13:26 pm »
Yes.

But I can fit them in my van and i would rather have a three section pole then a four.

If their too big for your van then go for the shorter poles.

Neil

STEVE-UK

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 08:14:39 am »
I prefer using a pole that is shorter when collapsed for those tight spaces but also want an 18 foot so it reaches all windows on a 1st floor property including windows over conservatories, i dont like changing poles half way through a job

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 08:45:01 am »
Received my 31ft hydra pole few days ago, but due to recent cool weather have not as yet broken it in. Not nearly as light as my 5 section facelift though. Needed another longish ploe in van as back up, & for when there's two of us. (half the the price of facelift)
Also ordered 18ft Brodex alluminuim prolong. Plan is to do as much work with durable ally to save wearing out the carbons too quickly.
Good plan?
Gary.

dd

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 01:22:19 pm »
What puts me off aluminum poles is the ones I have used leave me with black hands. As aluminum is toxic would not like to use ally pole daily.

I prefer good quality pole hose. Clear hose that came with universal pole split just inside base after 6-8 months. Transfered black pole hose from worn 18 ft ionic multipole, and that is still going strong after overall over 2 years use. Also don't get green algae growth which I had a bit of inside clear hose.

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:41:05 pm »
Hmmm... won't lick my fingers then. Mind you, been using ally ladders for 20 years....hmmmm...perhaps that explains it!
Gary

dd

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 02:19:59 pm »
Yes it is one of those things hard to prove one way or another, but aluminum is implicated in a lot of different disease conditions includung alzheimers.

macmac

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 08:17:24 pm »
Yes it is one of those things hard to prove one way or another, but aluminum is implicated in a lot of different disease conditions includung alzheimers.

Including breast cancer from aluminium content in virtualy all deodorant!

Tony