Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

Re: Advertising help
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:29:12 pm »
I am new too

I have found that all the obvious marketting works but in a limited way at the moment i had a whole page editorial on a local advertising mag and has been great this last few weeks. managed to fill up the diary for couple of weeks.

Carpet cleaning is no dif from any other business takes time to build up a base assuming you do a good job.

I have two dif types of leaflets and redrop areas on a two month rotation and compare the stats

One thing that is important to remember is just because you are not getting calls does not mean to say that your ads are not beng read and a mental note is not being made. Its is bad practice to stop advertising when you dont get calls and has the opposite effect on your wallet no advertising means def no work.

Look at brand names like m&s they ere on ther knees sdvertised in the right way to appeal to the custys they wanted and the past is firmly behind them.

Plus being newbies as long as we are not easily led the advertising market is well and truly in our favour lots more deals to be had.

I feel its important to hedge your bets and try all sorts of advertisin research the results what areas get more calls from ads in papers dirctories and what areas you achieve better % on leaflet drops.

Marketting without a plan gets you no where. Set out a budget everyones is differant ( mine is not huge) and stick to it and get as much coverage from lots of sources.

I am a total geek as far as research on statistics on ads i even have a map of my area and put different colour pins in to show me which areas i am being more successful in.

I am also a great believer in get the ads you want not what some is trying to sell you cold eg we can get you top of google or what they should say is we will get you on the top of google along with everyone else on my list today.

Good luck

Rich

carpet_care

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 06:50:07 pm »
Clinton I do have a website that needs updating old van equipment prices etc but it doesnt stop people ringing me as along with Dave Power I come up at the top usually for carpet cleaners merseyside.

Havnt done leaflets for many years had problems getting someone reliable to deliver them.

Anway going out for a game of snooker now and a few pints so logging off.

Regards Andy Locke ;)

dave123

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:19 am »
Derek
What i do give my regular customers is a 10% discount on every clean, which I do after a new customer has used  my services and remind them of this when I send out the reminders .

clinton

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 01:37:48 pm »
Andy

Thought it was you that dave mentioned on monday :)

Looks like your both doing well in the rankings,and your doing good even with your old site,as i was saying to dave and joe monday when most of the people are looking for a c cleaner they wont be looking at how much water lift what engine cc hp  etc they just want a good job done ???

suffolkclean

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 07:45:54 pm »
I think calling companies, and visiting with information is much better than sticking a leaflet through a letterbox. Personally I think paying £100's on printing and delivering is a waste of money. Companies like to see who their dealing with, hear what you have to say, you don't need to be pushy. If your not overly busy get some cards, smart trousers on and brave it to go into offices, your local industrial estate, letting agents - give them your card - they may even ask for a quote  ;D

hotsteam

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 08:13:45 pm »
I think you have a big commercial advantage,you are a young attractive Lady and I'm an old fat bloke !
Regards Hotsteam  ::)

clinton

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 08:42:23 pm »
 ;D

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:31 pm »
Clinton, get yer stockings out. You can always ask Tosh for a few makeup tips. ;D

Robert Watson

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »
Did I say 4hrs per 1,000?
6 is closer.
Rab,
The Kitchen Door Centre

clinton

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:15 pm »
Mike ;D

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 10:15:13 pm »
Did I say 4hrs per 1,000?
6 is closer.
Rab,

Better get me skates on then. ;D

Been a poor week for me, phones very quiet despite mucho effort. Just started snowing heavy again.

clinton

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:23:19 pm »
Could be right on the 6 hours per thou ???

derek west

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:06 pm »
i'llstick by my 8 hours average.
derek

clinton

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 10:34:58 pm »
Derek

Youl have to walk faster ;D

derek west

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:53 pm »
walk?
i roller blade. ;D
derek

Ricky M

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 09:45:30 am »
Derek sack the roller blades and get ur snow board .
good training for the wii

Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

JandS

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 10:52:50 am »
120 an hour average for me.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Russell Baillie

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »
thanks guys tis has been most helpful!

here's what i was thinking,

small adverts in local papers
website with seo to my local area search terms.
reorganize my advertising on the bus's wich i used to get alot of work out of, now i'd b lucky to get one or two job a month from
full page advertorial in the bigger local paper wit two or three back up adverts / leaflet insert.

and most importantly a yellow pages advert ..... jk

no, get out there and do some bigger business canvassing, i might to the whole letter of introduction thing saying i will pop in some time and follow it up with a visit then a call etc etc.

anyone got anything to add? further marketing ideas etc?

what about on the job itself the advantages vs disadvantages of the upsell?

special offers that people have ran in the past and your results off of them?

thanks guys

clinton

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 10:17:24 am »
Rabby

Like the site you have done for barbara :)

Do you sell them outright as well ???

Robert Watson

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:17 am »
Hi Clinton.
Not my design I`m just optimizing it for Barbara.
Did have to sort out the home page. I don't like the navigation of the site, but because I don`t have the fla file, I cant edit it (Flash)
Google don`t seem to mind though.

"Do you sell them outright as well"
Maybe. But I`v stopped working cheap. I don`t just through them together. SEO ain't a 5 min job.
Let me know your budget  and I`ll let you know.
Cheers
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre