This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kai

best gloves
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:56:19 am »
Can anyone advise me which are the best gloves to use for wfp. Used Sealskins recently but the seams are starting to go after very little use and getting very wet inside.

paulscotney

Re: best gloves
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:02:04 pm »
Same with me.

stuartb

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:25 pm »
I use gardening gloves from b&q, they are a blue colour and look horrible, but, they are 100% water proof, nothing gets in, they cost £4. Inside them wear a pair of wooly gloves. Not pretty but it works really well. When it gets a bit warmer you can wear something that looks a bit better :)

Stu

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:54:12 pm »

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:53:31 am »
I use gardening gloves from b&q, they are a blue colour and look horrible, but, they are 100% water proof, nothing gets in, they cost £4. Inside them wear a pair of wooly gloves. Not pretty but it works really well. When it gets a bit warmer you can wear something that looks a bit better :)

Stu

I use the soft green leather gloves from Homebase. They are not completely waterproof but at about £3.80 a pair who cares? They are cheap enough to have a couple spare pairs in the van.
Tried all the sealskinz and the gulls etc. All rubbish.

pingu

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:36:15 am »
I have black marigold type gloves they are for 'hobbiest' it says on the packet...seem to be holding up ok and just slip a pair of thin glove liners on and they do the job without being to bulky.

Dave.

chuggers

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:42 am »
I have just got a pair of Lewi Gloves form WCW, miles better than all the others ive tried. But i agree, You cant fault the old thermal n marigold combo!
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

dai

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
I use blue supergrip water proof gloves, they work out about £3 a pair, the secret is to have about six pairs on the go, then you can change them more often. I find that any gloves get wet inside eventually,
I leave them on the dash so that the demister dries them

geefree

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:38:21 pm »
I agree with that Dai,

i tried all sorts at the start of the winter, ,,,

now i simply use Gripz

They have like a water proof palm, and its grated for grip.... and a cloth outer palm...

they do the job , and at 3 quid a pair ,well,..... like you i have 3 pairs in the van..... one always drying and warm.

its the only way i think.

vision tech

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:11 pm »
Ive just bought sealskinz and had them on the last 2 days at work,
they were rubbish ,my hands were freezing,
im going to try wearing blue surgical gloves first and sealskinz on top,
see how that goes.
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

geefree

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 10:48:53 pm »
get some gripz from wickes, and put some latex gloves underneath, and leave the latex ones on , whilst driving van etc.

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 04:03:02 pm »
I have the same gloves a dia a i ordered them when he put a link up once.

I have not used them much and i don't find they are very warm but they keep the chill off and hands dry.

I prefer no gloves and only wear them on day when the temerature is about 2"c or lower.

s.hughes

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 06:20:01 pm »
I really struggle to work and wear gloves so I have to use the surgical ones. I get the thicker ones. It dosnt stop your hands getting cold but it protects the skin. As I get older I wil have to look at something that really works, but like I say for me its hard to work in gloves

s.hughes

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 06:21:57 pm »
Oh and I have tried all the other gloves that w/c suppliers sell and dont like any of them they are all to thick you just cant feel what your doing

Glen

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:46 am »
I've been using Glacier Perfect Curve gloves and although they keep my hands dry, they don't keep them warm. I wear thermal liners underneath and place hand warming sachets on the back of my hands but am still cold.

Does anyone know of effective wc gloves for someone with poor circulation?