Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

What printer for printing envelopes
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:06:32 am »
Im going to have to get a new printer as mine wrecks more envelope's when printing than it actually prints.

So what printer do you recomend for printing envelopes.
The printer i have at the moment is a hp all in one printer and it gets jammed every other envelope or if i printing invoices it takes in 4 or 5 sheets of paper and jams.

I just want a printer that will do what its supposed to do without jamming.

Re: What printer for printing envelopes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:15:04 am »
Are you sure youre putting the envelopes in the right way round. Im not being funny, I had this prob, then realised it was the fact that the envelopes needed to go into the feed mechanism longways; that and use Microsoft Words Envelope feature.

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:32:43 am »
moderators deleted my post dnt know y i was just pointin u in the right direction for envelope address labels u can get them from a major auction site pre printed maybe cheaper than replacing your printer!!!!!!!!!!!!! look under business,office
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:55:41 am »
or get sticky labels and print them

seandyer2003

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:02:00 pm »
All printers will do envelopes the settings for the printing are on the word programme you use,

Just takes a bit of messing to work out where to set the address on the page and which way you put the envelope in but when you have sussed it save the document and use it every time, just change the address you want (obviously :0)

dai

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:16:56 pm »
Im going to have to get a new printer as mine wrecks more envelope's when printing than it actually prints.

So what printer do you recomend for printing envelopes.
The printer i have at the moment is a hp all in one printer and it gets jammed every other envelope or if i printing invoices it takes in 4 or 5 sheets of paper and jams.

I just want a printer that will do what its supposed to do without jamming.

If it's for business use I would suggest you look at the factory refurbished lazer printers on the Brother website. The toners are cheap and last for ages compared to inkjets, printers are cheap too.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:33:23 pm »
I remember Shiner posting that he's got a toner printer and that the print doesn't 'bleed' when it gets wet.

However I use a Lexmark X1270 (3-in-1 jobbie) and have no problems printing envelopes with it.

I also re-fill the cartridges myself; it's cheap and easy; like me really.

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:59:25 pm »
Thankyou all.

Matt @ Oakley Windows
On my printer they will only work one way.
and i have it set to printing DL envelopes which are the one's i use.
Its always been a rubbish printer anyway always getting jammed.
The quality is good but always jamming.

Dai

I was thinking about a lazer printer but i was not sure if it would be more expensive to run than an inkjet.
I will take a look at the refurbs.

Thanks tosh i will take a look at your model ( Printer that is )  ;D

I don't want to use sticky labels really as i ordered some off of vista print a couple of years ago and i thought they were a bit small.

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:32 pm »
Tosh

Just did a search on your printer and found it for 33.44 at kikatec.com

It says 4 colour.

Is this a single cartridge or two cartridges.

Paul

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:11:08 pm »
Tosh

Just did a search on your printer and found it for 33.44 at kikatec.com

It says 4 colour.

Is this a single cartridge or two cartridges.

Paul

Two cartridges; a black one and a colour one; two little slim things.

I'm guessing the four colour thing means, Black, and the other three colours combined in the other cartridge that produce the other range of colours.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:04 pm »
I hate it when people follow my advice; I start worrying that it won't work for them!

:-[

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 04:13:44 pm »
Hi Paul,

We used to use an HP deskjet - took ages to print and we have five rounds to print out every week as well as lots of reports, valuations etc.

Changed to a Brother laser printer - spits out the sheets so fast we can't keep up with them.

Envelopes - for SAE we use sheets of labels and just stick them on - it's easy to program the computer to print the labels

Individual envelopes get printed by the laser printer - never any trouble. :)

Cheers,

Ian

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »
Thanks Ian

Thats two votes for the brother laser printer so i will have to look into these.

I will also look at the sheets of labels to see if they have them in differant sizes.

Many thanks

Paul

macmac

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 05:01:37 pm »
I would buy a cheap epson (40 quid 'ish) but first make shure it will use "compatible ink cartridges" as epson ones are expensive. try some compatible ink cartridge websites for the info. I use phoenix ink, never had a problem with it in 5 years & it's at least quarter of the epson price. Argos had a nice epson printer at half price 2 weeks ago, they may still have them. I've seen one in currys too approx 40 quid. ;)

Tony

dai

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 05:20:15 pm »
The laser toner doesn't bleed when the paper gets wet.
this is the one I use, soooo much better than any ink jet I ever used.

www.brother.co.uk/g3.cfm/s_page/166900/s_level/38090/s_product/HL2035ZU1

Spare toners are as cheap as chips at choicestationery.com, but I got well over a year out of the last one.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 07:39:10 pm »
Thankyou all.

Matt @ Oakley Windows
On my printer they will only work one way.
and i have it set to printing DL envelopes which are the one's i use.
Its always been a rubbish printer anyway always getting jammed.
The quality is good but always jamming.

Dai

I was thinking about a lazer printer but i was not sure if it would be more expensive to run than an inkjet.
I will take a look at the refurbs.

Thanks tosh i will take a look at your model ( Printer that is )  ;D

I don't want to use sticky labels really as i ordered some off of vista print a couple of years ago and i thought they were a bit small.

I believe that toner cartridges are a lot cheaper than inkjet cartridges.  You pay more for them but they go a lot further.  No problem with runs if they get wet too.  I assume you want to print the same address on all of them (i.e. yours).  Maybe use A4 sheets of labels on a laser printer?  Obviously the labels add to the cost so maybe you don't want to go that way.  If you hunt around on the net you can pick them up quite cheaply. 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:15 pm »
Thanks Ian

Thats two votes for the brother laser printer so i will have to look into these.

I will also look at the sheets of labels to see if they have them in differant sizes.

Many thanks

Paul

You can get pretty much any amount of labels per sheet.  I've used 8 per sheet for addressing to customers and even had 65 per sheet when I wanted to make up a return address on the back of the envelope for undelivered mail.

geefree

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:56 pm »
i use stickers .. prints 14 at a time , then just stick them on the envelope.

i had a chat with the manager at staples, as i had the problem of  the writing "running " when it was wet, whilst delivering.

he said i was usuing the wrong paper..

injet printer= inkjet paper.

laser printer = laser paper.

and so on..... i was using any old paper.

problem solved now. ;)