This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Leaflets with price on.
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:34:41 pm »
In the area i work in, these leaflets have been posted today.... saying the cost of cleaning your windows will be £x.xx

(cheaper than me).... and they will call back saturday , leave it in the window if required.

not against a bit of competition, as i drop my own leaflets, and we all gotta build.... but pricing up as you go along? whilst dropping leaflets.?

just thought i would have a moan lol  ;D

trike

Re: Leaflets with price on.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:33 pm »
if im leafleting a area,and housers are all the same ,i do put prices from,conservatorys from,so yhey have a idia befor they ring,if price to high,they dont have to ring

Helen

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »
why not price as you go along? As long as you have that word "from" in front of any price and you have taken the trouble to look at access etc, can't see any problem with that.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10:51 pm »
You from Dorset Helen?

Sorry to hijack post Gazza :)
You can't polish a turd

cybersye

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:32:42 pm »
In the area i work in, these leaflets have been posted today.... saying the cost of cleaning your windows will be £x.xx

(cheaper than me).... and they will call back saturday , leave it in the window if required.

not against a bit of competition, as i drop my own leaflets, and we all gotta build.... but pricing up as you go along? whilst dropping leaflets.?

just thought i would have a moan lol  ;D
your right nothing wrong with competition, seen leaflets like this before myself, one got put through my mums door and I lost a customer close to her for this very reason because they were cheaper. The up of it is you do get an idea of what your competitors maybe pricing in the area and the chance to re think your price structure if you are being duly affected. In the incidences it has happened to me I doubt i could compete with or match their prices due to me having to travel to my work areas as opposed to living maybe a few streets away and going door to door with a ladder.
I like the middle approach of stating standard prices " starting from  " and may adopt this approach when I have a new print run of flyers.

johnny_h

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:00:07 pm »
if you lose a customer due to price then they are looking to save money in the short term or just mean with the pennies if you lose alot of customers then your price is too high i have recently chatted to my customers explaining there are alot of new guys about and they will probably be leafletted or called apon thankfully so far all have said they are happy with my price and more important they know me and can trust me so keep regular and you should keep a decent customer base
AUDI VIDE TACE

ok cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:11:16 pm »
i use them but not to nick someone else s customer to gain one the first ting i dont know how much other wcners charge may be more maybe less so i look at the house decide a price write it on the leaflet and push it throught the letter box if the person who lives in the house happy with it give me call done otherwise try again and i cant call this nicking other wc ers customers

bluez

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:47 pm »
i use them but not to nick someone else s customer to gain one the first ting i dont know how much other wcners charge may be more maybe less so i look at the house decide a price write it on the leaflet and push it throught the letter box if the person who lives in the house happy with it give me call done otherwise try again and i cant call this nicking other wc ers customers

Exactly what i do
hi

cbcs

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 09:56:06 pm »
I put prices on mine all of the time. I think if there is a price on there they are more likely to ring if they think its reasonable, rather than to ring to find out a price and be embarrassed to say no. Get my drift?

macmac

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:58:44 pm »
The biggest problem is the "newbie" They don't have a clue how to price & it just spoils the job.
Just lost two 15 quid jobs to a "newbie" w/cleaner, one is a large 4 bed detatched the other a 6 bed B&B.
His leafleted the whole area with "any house 5 pounds" !!! :o :o
What a d**k head.

I'm not worried about the jobs, he'll not last two minutes, it's the fact that this causes us problems in the future. Everyone who gets his leaflet will think that's the going rate for their windows for the next ten years!!

You know the score "HOW MUCH :o the last chap only took a fiver"
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Tony

peter holley

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:33 pm »
i laughed when i read that , but its not funny >:(these guys that do this are idiots :o the funny thing is that sometimes they are educated people :D....thats why they have no common sense....lol ;D

geefree

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 09:16:24 am »
Thats what my point was really.

you spend two years getting the prices right... and some one... comes in and knocks them all back down.

thats the annoying thing... and thats why we always look expensive...

Newbies, and desperate men ........ GET THEM PRICES UP!!!!

bluez

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 09:50:12 am »
gazzasp8 "you spend two years getting the prices right....." surley thats exactly what the newbies are doing?
hi

lovewindows

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:56 am »
When supermarkets came along there profit margins where massively lower than the local shops , but due to the turnover it was worth it for them . Maybe some W/C look at it that way.
For example - Go to a street of say 40 houses price the same as everyone else [ say £10 per house ] chances of getting work 0% money earned £0

Go to a street of say 40 houses price cheaper than everybody else [ say £5 ]chances of getting work 50% money earned £100

Now you or i might think £100 for say a days work [ remember there all close together ] isnt worth it but thats £500 a week if you do it 5 times,

A friend of mine owns 12 hairdressering salons and at one time my ex wife and i where looking at opening one i asked his advice and was suprised that he only made £100 profit per week for each one ," is that all ? it's hardly worth it" i said ,he said " but i have 12 so thats £1,200 per week "
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 02:12:38 pm »
£1200 a week is not a lot for the hastle of running 12 salons :o

geefree

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 06:52:46 pm »
gazzasp8 "you spend two years getting the prices right....." surley thats exactly what the newbies are doing?

time and time again they , and we are told to price them right,.... not against people trying to build an income, but the first thing i did when rejected was to ask the customer , if they dont mind what you pay.... i worded it right .., politely and smiley and , i got a decent answer..... and i responded with... thanks very much..... i simply want to make sure im pricing right for this area.....

now, he may have done his homework.... and could be undercutting.

The houses in question were not canvassed by me.... so i crept the prices up bit by bit...

just a little silly going in with one price for all houses on street.

by the way , who would not work for £100 per day?.... i would any time.im sure lots more would.

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 07:02:45 pm »
by the way , who would not work for £100 per day?.... i would any time.im sure lots more would.

For a tough 8 hr day of window cleaning, I'd want more than £100.  Remember we have to budget for times we can't work due to the weather, sickness, laziness, the tax man, equipment; and probably other stuff!

geefree

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 07:05:47 pm »
yes but sometimes it happens.... my calls were so far apart when i started that i thought i would never earn anything. ;)

mattywig

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 01:11:58 pm »
I wouldn't spit on £100 pound a day don't know any windowcleaners that earn as little per day as that  >:( :P

geefree

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 01:21:28 pm »
my builder mate is unemployed... he would love £500 per week...

also when you are building a round, unless you buy... it takes time to get a compact round to pass £100 per day.

but there is always someone to knock down other peoples wages who are trying hard to get established.

personally, if  i was earning a huge huge income, and most of ny customers dropped me because of the recession.... and i was "only " earning £500 per week....

i would be very happy in this current climate.

we all want to earn maximum, but it takes time... and those people who have worked hard , to give the family £500 per week deserve to be applauded not spat on..