Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: is the guild any good
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2009, 08:41:09 pm »
I'm interested Neil,.. how much is membership?

Yes it is slightly more expensive than yours.
£30 for the first year which includes 3 vehicle logos.
Additional logos £3 each
£15 for subsequent years
This is purely a non profit making idea and in December we handed over £200 to a childrens hospice with total backing of all members. www.safetyawarecontractor.co.uk/charity_work.html

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
Where do I sign up? What are the minimum member requirements? I like it,.. its a very good idea!

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »
Where do I sign up? What are the minimum member requirements? I like it,.. its a very good idea!

Membership:
1.Proof of your ability to control risks etc by sending in a copy of one method statement, risk assessment or H&S policy relevant to your business and a particular job/project. The submitted document must be checkable with the person responsible who will be named on the document. These documents can be sent by post, fax or e-mail. Also a copy of your insurance to carry out window cleaning.
2.Membership to last 12 months on each renewal.
3. Initial membership cost to be £30 which will include the cost of 3 vehicle stickers, a business linking on the web site and the use of logo on your personal stationary. Each additional sticker to cost £3 each.
4. Renewal membership to cost £15 per year.
5. All members will be consulted on what to do with any monies left in the account after allowing for expenditures. This could be for example donation to charity of agreed decision, purchasing far advanced web site, extra free vehicle stickers per member etc.
6. All paid up members will have a say on how SAC is run.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »
I'll get my documents in order!
:)

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2009, 09:56:04 pm »
Have sent in the on-line form

Chameleon

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2009, 10:12:12 pm »
i see a few have joined, just wondered if The Master Guild of Window Cleaners is worth joining
thanks Niall

Yes, absolutely no doubt, well worth it!
Fees are low, friendly bunch on site, helpful!
And what's more the badge is eye catching, I am always being asked about it!

New decal every year, shows you're, a current & paid up member of a Guild, who has pride in his profession! 8)

jaykie

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2009, 10:15:02 pm »
How easy are the badges too remove when changing, too easy that they come off when you wash your van or too hard that they leave sticky stuff on your paint work

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2009, 10:18:32 pm »
How easy are the badges too remove when changing, too easy that they come off when you wash your van or too hard that they leave sticky stuff on your paint work
If you use boiling water, straight from the kettle the old .stickers will peel off no problem

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »
I usually find a hairdrier does a good enough job of losening the glue on most sign writing/logos. Any remaining glue can be removed with terps etc and finished off with T-Cut

jaykie

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2009, 10:26:56 pm »
Nat  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2009, 08:40:19 am »
Nat  ;)

Got your application,.. I've a small backlog, but I'll start working on them at lunch time!

We've set ourselves a challenge to get 50 new members before the summer,.. so tell all your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2009, 10:45:55 pm »
Thanks to those who have applied including Nathanael

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23:23 pm »
well to answer my original question, people might not totaly get what the guild is, but when they see it on your paperwork it does seem to help. on more than one quote membership has been seen as a positive by the customer :D

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 07:53:11 pm »
the way i see it is, the more associations you have joined the better (from a customers point of view) which indicates to them that you take your profession seriously and that you you want to present an image that reflects a thoughful attitude and attention to detail etc (wot a waffler) lol ;D

Of course i am ever so slightly biased toward the www.mgwc.org as co-founder, however even if i only stumbled across it today i would join as the member fee is very attractive in these credit crunch days, plus the benefits are plain to see, free advertising, license to use the logo, a global network, blah blah (dont undersell it scrimmy) ;)

This post will self destruct in ten minutes (or whenever the interceptors see it and delete it ) dont do it mikie  8)

heathrow100

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 08:25:22 pm »
Scirmman,can you please ask someone to check info@mgwc.org I was told if I joined I get to use the aquashine logo,it is now on my van,I did not recieve a reply!!

Cheers

Heath

Reflective window cleaning

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 09:04:53 pm »
sorry heath, i thought i did reply ???

anyways as you are a paid up member of the guild you are entitled to download for your own use the guild stationary to print etc and are able to buy the thermoshine/aquashine decals at the reduced rate of £6.00 each (licensed)

if you need more info then use the guild email ( dont want to use CIU for our sales leads) ;)

cheers 8)

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22:19 pm »
the way i see it is, the more associations you have joined the better (from a customers point of view) which indicates to them that you take your profession seriously and that you you want to present an image that reflects a thoughful attitude and attention to detail etc (wot a waffler) lol ;D

Of course i am ever so slightly biased toward the www.mgwc.org as co-founder, however even if i only stumbled across it today i would join as the member fee is very attractive in these credit crunch days, plus the benefits are plain to see, free advertising, license to use the logo, a global network, blah blah (dont undersell it scrimmy) ;)

This post will self destruct in ten minutes (or whenever the interceptors see it and delete it ) dont do it mikie  8)

Dont let that put you off joining ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 09:40:34 pm »
 >:(

watch it booboo :D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 11:07:22 pm »
Scirmman,can you please ask someone to check info@mgwc.org I was told if I joined I get to use the aquashine logo,it is now on my van,I did not recieve a reply!!

Cheers

Heath

Reflective window cleaning

Slacking off again Scrimmy,.. keep this up and we'll have to review your end of year bonus! :)

Rob.Hall

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2009, 09:36:53 am »
Hi Nathsan.
I have had trouble sending membership app as it comes back address not accessible.

Just sent another app of with no problems??

It a mistory.