Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

East Ayrshire Window Cleaners
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
This is an SLWCN announcement.

Any Licensed East Ayrshire Window Cleaner who is not a member of the SLWCN but would like to express their thoughts what they would like to see happen in their area please feel free to add your comments on the SLWCN contacts page. www.slwcn.org/contact.php

The SLWCN and it's local chosen members will have a round table meeting coming up next month with local officials on what can be done to improve their industry within their area. This will not be a finger pointing discusion but where ideas can be expressed within the Civic Government Act on how both parties can work together.

I can confirm checks have now begun and a number of unlicensed operators charged.

What I have to stress we cannot change the law, we have to work around it to make it work for us and benefit our trade.

I am extreemly busy with other Councils areas so please be patient for these meetings to be arranged in your areas. Time is very limited for me and I will do the best I can.

This I feel is the best way forward that all parties work together in improving the industry in Scotland. All SLWCN members in EA have been contacted with agenda, if I have missed you out let me know.

Many Thanks

Doug

JSMC

Re: East Ayrshire Window Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:25:27 pm »
few boys in lanarkshire been pulled up recently. thanks god i haven't! Doug in north lanarkshire we have these stupid wardens patrolling the street getting good money but never ever pull anyone up at all.

is this in their remit? also the coppers are just as bad.

I'm gonna have a word wae my local mp about it as too many companies coming into my town and tkaing all the work without licences i bet

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:58:04 pm »
North Lanarkshire have 3 Enforcement Officers so therefore should be doing their jobs which I feel they are sadly lacking. Will ask them to give some stats , this normally kick starts them.

In other areas, Falkirk, East Ayrshire, Renfrewshire the Enforcement Officer and the Licensing Police Officer have worked together. This has proved successful and they will be doing on a regular basis.

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:42:47 pm »
me and her auld boy are gonna start chinning these cleaning comapnies doing the local cop shop, job centre and banks. sick of them doug

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »
http://www.greigavinou.co.uk/contact.php

this mob sorted for licences? also what about the flyer i sent you ages ago and details on that

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »
Saying nothing as he prob has connections on here, pretty easy to find out by looking at the lists of licensed window cleaners. I do know his company is on Police watch in some areas. ;)

Have chased them up today for that, very slow!!!

GTR Windows

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 08:52:20 pm »
anyone know what east renfrewshire is like? ill be starting up soon and would like to know that its enforced if im paying a licence fee to work that area

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 02:35:45 pm »
North Lanarkshire have 3 Enforcement Officers so therefore should be doing their jobs which I feel they are sadly lacking. Will ask them to give some stats , this normally kick starts them.

doug, 3 people enforcing the window cleaning license  ?? ? ?  is this what you mean

as thats a interested number

Edge Clean

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:45 pm »

doug, 3 people enforcing the window cleaning license  ?? ? ?  is this what you mean

Matt the enforcement officers are responsible for enforcing all licenses required under the civic government scotland act, this in cludes windows cleaners, street traders, wheely bin cleaners, taxi drivers, public houses, etc, etc

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »

Matt the enforcement officers are responsible for enforcing all licenses required under the civic government scotland act, this in cludes windows cleaners, street traders, wheely bin cleaners, taxi drivers, public houses, etc, etc

from a search online, North Lanarkshire isnt a massive area, 3 is alot more than i thought would enforce, fair play, thats a good number

JSMC

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »
well if they have 3 i am yet to be pulled up by one. loads of guys cutting aboot wae nae licence.