Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Re: Prochem ...... overpriced???
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 08:20:56 pm »
Careful on the wand because as far as i know Woodbridge sell PMF wands which wouldnt be of the same quality as other brands.

But generally Prochem is more expensive.

Mark

John Kelly

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 08:50:58 pm »
As a supplier I probably see things from a differnet slant. Everyone wants to save money. But just like carpet cleaners service a huge swathe of different customers, we do likewise. I tend to attract the top end of the market in the local area, don't know why or how but thats the way it seems. I do get some low cost cleaners in but not many.
We also operate a flood restoration business as well as a couple of other things. I personally have always bought the best equipment available to enable us to carry out the work efficiently and effectively. I soon learnt that you couldn't dry buildings out effectively with little domestic Ebacs so I invested £30,000 in Drieaz and Coroventa drying equipment. This was money well spent and the investment has been paid back many times over.
What I find is the cleaners who I would say are making the most money just want good kit and products which are going to do the job for them, regardless of the cost. Thats not to say they just go and spend money for the sake of it but they tend to spend that bit more for a good product and service.
At the other end of the scale there are cleaners who shouldn't really be in business and are accidents waiting to happen. They skimp on maintenance, buy cheap gear, usually second hand which is virtually knackered and use a very limited range of chemicals, usually one product for everything.
Personally I don't think any products are overpriced, some are more expensive than others but when you consider the return you can make on a carpet cleaning machine, if you do it right! it is buttons.
PS Prochem spent $10 million dollars developing ONE cleaning chemical.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 08:55:45 pm »
The thing with Prochem is that they have bumped the price up very heavily and it looks bad, good quality items are worth the money but when you are in a recession every penny counts but I always say that!

I have moved over to a lot of Craftex products but they aren't as cheap as they used to be but I do like the quality of them.

Shaun

John Kelly

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »
Blame the Chinese. They are sourcing a lot of acricultural product from other Asian countries as more and more of their workers turn from agriculture to industry and land is used for building. This in turn has resulted in a massive demand for Phoshates, a major component of some cleaning products. The price has risen by 800% since November last year.
I'm afraid you will see more price rises over the coming year as the majority of everything we use is sourced from abroad and unless the pound picks up it is all going to be more expensive.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »
Before you know it we'll have to go back to hot water to make things clean again ;D

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 10:34:17 pm »
Shaun

Now you have let the cat out of the bag  ;D ;D

We have got away with it for 20 yrs :D

JandS

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »
What's the woodbridge site address.
Tried woodbridge.co.uk but got a timber firm.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

dave123

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 01:17:09 pm »
Halved my chemical bill for the year since I stopped using Prochems' products for Ashbys. I was finding Prochems products a bit weak from when i first started 10 years ago .Ashby's  Supreme is  something like 55 pounds for 25 kilos and is just as good, if not better than crystal green .Still use a Prochem steam-pro though ,but thinking about a Ninja with 3 vacs,just got to earn more money before i buy that though .

clinton

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 01:50:27 pm »
Dave

Is there a new ninja on the market mate ???

Cheers clinton

dave123

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 03:14:29 pm »
Clinton well it's not new been around for a year or two . People i know that have them say that they can get the carpets dry within about 20 mins and that there regular customers are well impressed  :)

JandS

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 03:23:01 pm »
Cheers Joe

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Joe H

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 03:27:43 pm »
Dave
Is there a new ninja on the market mate ???
Cheers clinton

The 3rd Ninja vac is an external add on, another plug point.

Bit like the Scorpion external heater needs another plug point.

Joe H

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 04:00:59 pm »
Halved my chemical bill for the year since I stopped using Prochems' products for Ashbys. I was finding Prochems products a bit weak from when i first started 10 years ago .Ashby's  Supreme is  something like 55 pounds for 25 kilos and is just as good, if not better than crystal green .Still use a Prochem steam-pro though ,but thinking about a Ninja with 3 vacs,just got to earn more money before i buy that though .

Dave 123, what type of job do you use the Ashby Supreme on?
High ph at 11.5
but very economic at 1 to 1333 !!

clinton

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 05:32:41 pm »
Think its the ashbys dual heat machine ???

Joe

That a v economical solution.

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 05:39:40 pm »
Clinton

but that machine still only has 2 - 3 stage vacs as I read the spec.  1 is heavy duty, 1 is standard.

clinton

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 06:11:15 pm »
Joe

Had a look to and your right on that one  :)

dave123

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 10:07:00 pm »
Joe , I use it on heavily soiled or greasy carpets.

stuart_clark

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 11:51:08 pm »
I used to have that setup with a 7" three stage motor coupled to the back of the ninja, trouble is that you have three vacume motors sucking in series, and i have found with experience and also having purchased a scorpian that sucks in Paralell the latter is by far the best! Best at removing more soil and best by far for drier carpets, also you have to bear in mind that the Ninja only has one inlet port and restricts airflow vastly, wher as the Scorpian has three

clinton

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 07:49:27 am »
Think the scorpion is the mos powerfull portie on the market i guess ???

Canot see any more advancement in the market as the ampage is restricted ::)