Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nigel_W

Re: Prochem ...... overpriced???
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 08:54:44 am »
Stuart,

I got around the 3 vacs in series by modifying the set up a little. I attached the 3rd vac directly into the waste tank. It makes a huge difference. I prefer this set up to my Scorpion.

Nigel

Joe H

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:14 am »
I used to have that setup with a 7" three stage motor coupled to the back of the ninja, trouble is that you have three vacume motors sucking in series, and i have found with experience and also having purchased a scorpian that sucks in Paralell the latter is by far the best! Best at removing more soil and best by far for drier carpets, also you have to bear in mind that the Ninja only has one inlet port and restricts airflow vastly, wher as the Scorpian has three

Hi Stuart
You know, your the first that I can recall that has mentioned the fact the Scorpion has 3 ports.
Must be a factor of its efficiency.

dave123

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2009, 09:51:50 am »
I'll have to have a look at the Scorpion and compare

clinton

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 10:15:19 am »
Which one is the more powerfull  ???

Jim_77

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2009, 12:09:50 pm »
Nigel posted that pic in a thread a couple of months ago, we had a bit of a chat about it there I think :)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=64927.20

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 12:10:23 pm »
Impressive conversion Nigel, especially with the 2" hose. Were you able to convert to a 2" hose port or is it still 1.5"?

I see a short exhaust hose also. Could this cause a heat related damage problem on some hard floors or do you extend and exhaust ourside? If so, does this cause a slight drop off in performance?

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Nigel_W

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 12:25:05 pm »
Hi Ken,

I ordered the Ninja with a 2 inch vac port. The short exhaust hose is just to keep the vacuum exhaust noise down. It would benefit from a longer hose but by the time I have lugged the portable gear up to a 4th flr apartment in London I am not looking for extra things to take in. :o

I like this set up because it is quieter than the Scorpion so I can sit it on a marble/stone entrance hall and not be embarrassed by the noise level. I can also run up to 100 foot of 2 inch hose and still get acceptable performance. I find the Ninja is more solid and much better made and I like the internal heat exchanger. It is quite flexible too because it performs well without the 3rd vac over 25 foot for small jobs. On the downside it is heavier by a few pounds which I accept given the more rigid construction.

If I were running from a van I would still probably choose the Scorpion because noise would not be an issue, the machines is under less stress because it is not being bumped around and I could sit a heat exchanger in the property.

As usual in this this business its horses for courses.

Nigel

clinton

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 12:26:43 pm »
Has anyone seen the alltech with the 3 vac set up ???

Nigel_W

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 12:31:44 pm »
Sorry Ken to finish the answer I also carry some 1/2 inch rubber mats to place under the machine if the floor is susceptible to damage from the heat of the machine.  Fortunately the great laminate craze didn't reach the designer end of the London market ;D

Nigel

clinton

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 09:15:45 pm »
Nigel

Good idea that with the mats :)

Usually have dust sheets and sheet of plastic

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »
I like that Ninja as stated by Jim it's been on here before in my eyes it looks better than the Scorpion but what do I know? I am an advocate of heat so it gets my vote just wondering how many plugs it needs?

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 09:21:47 pm »
Shaun

I guess about  three ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 09:27:02 pm »
I used to run my old Bane clene with 2 wires, I had 2 vac blowers to increase the power that was OK but a third would put me right off!

Years ago I had a self build TM from Dave Ingram which ran a 1000psi water pump and a vac blower on one lead never had a blown fuse the heat was from a burner from a pressure washer so did take a small amount of voltage.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:16 pm »
Also usually get a twin socket in the hall or nearby,just would not  fancy any more as need a couple for my dryers spec if a doing a suite ::)

clinton

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:23 pm »
Shaun

Did dave ingrahm make them then ???

Never thought of a home made one.

JandS

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »
Where's the £180 one at Woodbridge?
Twin jet on there at £141 + the dreaded.
Looking for a twin jet myself, the Prochem one does sound expensive but the Woodbridge sounds too cheap.
Looking for something in between, ant ideas?

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.