Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Exel Trolley
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:43:55 pm »
Has anybody got one of these trolleys its the one Andrew Mc Cann was selling on Ebay Andrew has stopped selling them due to supply problems i think i got one new for £200 of Ebay also Omnipole sell them to just wanting to no if they are any good.cheers Darren.

elite mike

Re: Exel Trolley
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:12:06 pm »
hi darren

in a word no

i got one off red hat on ebay last year, leaks like a sieve

very poor connections bits fall off , bad balance ,rusts before your eyes

if you are prepared for a lot of frustration dont buy one :'(

good wheels though ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:28:33 pm »
They are built in China to a very cheap standard, cost peanuts to buy wholesale and really are not up to the job long term. Great if you only want them for limited use or short term.

chrisyg

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »
They are built in China to a very cheap standard, cost peanuts to buy wholesale and really are not up to the job long term. Great if you only want them for limited use or short term.

Are omnipole selling these models then? As per a post above seems to indicate.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 02:39:09 pm »
I don't know which model Omnipole are selling.  The ones I've seen on eBay are the same as several manufacturers have sent me details of in the past.  Fine for limited use.  You wouldn't want to run your whole business from one of them though (although I bet people are and are managing fine!)

Darren O

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:37:54 pm »
I spoke to omnipole before i bought it they said there was a problem with filling it some of the water can get into parts of the trolley the flo contol i think but they said they managed to seal it.I would of thought if Omnipole were selling them they must be ok.Mike were is the trolley now does it not work at all.I spoke to Andrew Mc Cann to he was a bit cagey but said the trolleys were fine  i will only be using the trolley about 3 days a fortnight.

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 05:18:41 pm »
hi darren
i do use the trolley, but i have had to rebuild it to get it servicable

would i buy one again no way :'(

have look at matts site and build one yourself :o

or xline do a nice trolly ;)

greggs direct are doing a great deal on a backpack with a pole for less than £200

buy yourself a cheap sacktruck from b&q, you got yourself a decent trolley system to start

with , hope this helps

mike

SteveAllan

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 05:34:03 pm »
if there trolleys are anything like their cutomer service then stay well clear. no one has yet got back to me.

Darren O

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »
Ive already bought it now Mike will just have to wait and see how i get on with it iam going to Cleantech next week for a few things i will ask them to have a look at it they sorted my last trolley when it fell apart the guys no there stuff.Steve did you buy your trolley from Ebay have you had any problems with it cheers Darren.

SteveAllan

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 05:56:55 pm »
Hi Darren, i have not got it yet i have been looking at all types before making a choice. Freedom and Xline have been helpful. I would like to build my own but i am useless at diy lol.

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:14:29 pm »
Steve both trolleys your looking at are probably the best out but the prices are a joke £600+ at the end of the day its a pump,battery,sack truck,i would of tried to make one my self but iam fecking hopeless.

SteveAllan

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 06:20:21 pm »
Yer mate i know what ya mean, hopefully one of the guys on here could post an idiots guide with pics for us  ;D

steven ainger

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 06:24:07 pm »
go and look on the d forum

weetot

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:14 pm »
Try Purefreedom trolleys, mines been champion so far....
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 07:48:44 pm »
The trolley arived today looks ok got it charging just now will have a play with it tomorow the hose that came with it is crap also some of the fittings look a bit cheap.Iam going to Cleantech on Thursday and going to get some minibore and a flow control tap for the minibore but for £200 looks good.

dai

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 09:39:38 pm »
Yer mate i know what ya mean, hopefully one of the guys on here could post an idiots guide with pics for us  ;D

www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=67498.0

As simple as it gets.

Darren O

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
Used the trolley today must say iam well impresed with it and for £200 looks a great buy evev if i have to change a couple of the fittings still well worth the money and Omnipole are selling it for £400+vat.

matt

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:43 pm »

check out the DIY site / forum

its going to be updated in a few weeks, a DIY van mount system aswell

e.mail me for the link

diywfplink@yahoo.co.uk

elite mike

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »
Used the trolley today must say iam well impresed with it and for £200 looks a great buy evev if i have to change a couple of the fittings still well worth the money and Omnipole are selling it for £400+vat.

glad its going well for you darren

i paid £314inc vat and del, so not to bad all things considered :)

mine was built on a friday :'(

Darren O

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:20:19 am »
I just had a guy email me from Ebay about this trolley and wanting to no if i had any bother with it as his has broke after 3 days he said water has got into the flo control when he was filling it now its Knackered and the seller will not give him a refund and says he will have to buy a varistream i think of him for a £100 shocking.Iam going to buy another one  they are down to £180+delivery i love them when i fill it up i use a 10litre bucket with a spout on it only takes a few seconds longer.